Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting him to deliver on his European objective.

He’s brought in 7 players and shipped out one of PSG’s top scorers.

You can’t sign players like James and then cry they’re injured. We knew he’d miss a lot of games.

I see, he should only be expected
to perform when he has a team comparable to those at prime AC Milan or Real.
1 point from getting 7th (Euro) with a squad of 5 previous permanent managers.

First 5-6 games of the season until the Derby when injuries and suspensions kicked in and became a regular occurrence.

If you look at the bench since January, this is not a squad to be battling for champions League spots with any real threat.

The 2 anomalies around us are Leicester and West Ham. Both either have better or more consistent squads.

Arsenal, Spurs, United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool have bigger squads, better quality in areas we lack, so it won't be any great surprise IF we finish below them.

However, we play most of them in the run in so it's in our hands.

Leicester isn't an anomaly, they're the best run club in the country by a mile. They've got the best scouting certainly for me, buy young and low, sell high. Completely profitable system, which fits to the strengths of their team. I've said before it's the model we need to be leaning towards, because it works.

West Ham is a one off, and you know it. West Ham haven't got a better team, but have got that confidence from a great unbeaten run, like we had at the start of the season.

BUt you're absolutely right in the fact that we've shown we can play free flowing football is something i'll hold onto. We've been absolutely ravaged by injury, and you're placing all creativity on a midfielder we agreed would only play 1 in 2.

It's a longer term project. Just mind blown at the knee jerking in here. I genuinely thought Silva, Walter Smith and Mike Walker would be fresh in peoples minds to know that this is a positive project.

Ah, I see it’s slowly slipping further and further away.

Last week it was X amount of points from CL with game in hand.

You’ll be saying Top 10 is an achievement next.
No mate I was referring to your post. You said you were expecting him to deliver on his European objective. I point out to you we are 1 point away from making Euro.

At the start of this season most of the people expect Europa 6th or 7th we aren’t far behind.

That was before he I knew just how dreadful the football would be under him.
Haha stop it. You are being trashed around and is like a punch drunk boxer still standing there spewing nonsense. Bashing him for 'possibly' not getting Europe. (Which we still can) but then getting called out about your hypocrisy then saying 'oh i knew we wouldn't get Europe i just thought we would fail at it by passing it about better with good football'

I'd ask one of your minions to throw in the towel for you but they either are banned or asked to be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back