Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see how carlo can teach them to pass to each other and not cause unforced errors and not look like deer in the headlights. These lads have played football all their lives and really struggle with basics, that is what frustrates me.

When Koeman said he doesn't know what to do with these players, it is becoming really easy to see what he was saying now.
Maybe Keoman should have asked himself why he bought them then.
Pickford, Keane, Gilfi, Sandro, Klasson and Rooney for instance.

I was expecting him to deliver on his European objective.

He’s brought in 7 players and shipped out one of PSG’s top scorers.

You can’t sign players like James and then cry they’re injured. We knew he’d miss a lot of games.

I see, he should only be expected
to perform when he has a team comparable to those at prime AC Milan or Real.

So before the start of the season, you expected us to "on paper" finish above Leicester (who regularly stay in top 6 now) and all the "big 6"?

And you can honestly say that, was your opinion? Or did that become your opinion after our good start?

Funny how you twist a stat though, because NKounkou was bought in for U23, Olsen as a backup goalkeeper (and an improvement on Lossl/Stekelenburg), King was a backup striker. The only direct first team player he signed are James, Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey, who've all proven to be abov and beyond what we currently have.

Kean didn't want to be here? He didn't like it, why keen someone we can possibly make a profit off?

You're picking holes in really random places. The team is improving.

I was expecting him to deliver on his European objective.

He’s brought in 7 players and shipped out one of PSG’s top scorers.

You can’t sign players like James and then cry they’re injured. We knew he’d miss a lot of games.

I see, he should only be expected
to perform when he has a team comparable to those at prime AC Milan or Real.
Look, Kean was not starting here. He left because he wanted to play. Willl you play him ahead of DCL based on last season performances, at the start of the season? In hindsight you always win.

It's bizarre looking back at your posts about Ancelloti and this team in July/August.

Post in thread 'Carlo Ancelotti' https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/carlo-ancelotti.109052/post-7979893

Post in thread 'Carlo Ancelotti' https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/carlo-ancelotti.109052/post-8018028

9 months you've gone from 'If Ancelloti can't do it no-one can win us anything' and 'we shouldn't expect too much too soon' to spending days moaning in this thread about the man and how we need instant success

2 mins? Funny way of describing 2 and a half years

Post in thread 'Carlo Ancelotti' https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/carlo-ancelotti.109052/post-7973725

You were expecting relegation. By your expectations we're flying high. Mission accomplished.

@GwladysBlue taken down by @Jebus_lives

@Kev The Rat buried himself in his own hole

@Kev The Rat trying to figure out the number of months and years between Dec 19 and April 21

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back