Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did Carlo Ancelotti not say the objective for the season is European football?

Do YOU think we will get European football?

If we don't get europe then the season is a failure. I'm not going to dodge around that, and will call it out for what it is.

I still think the idea of changing the manager after a top half finish in their first full season, is pretty outrageous. Failure is a collective thing and everyone takes responsibility, especially the players who have let down the club on a regular basis at Goodison this year.

I'm behind the manager for the long haul as are 90%+ of our support. I'm not behind a large proportion of these players and they have run out of chances. The main responsibility this summer lies with the DOF who needs to finally get it right in terms of the type of player we need.

Looking at his interview last night, I can’t help but feel he’s adapting a “WTF do you expect me to do with this lot” type approach.
He’s resigned himself to the fact he’s working with cheap parts, which explains why the engine continues to stall.

At some point we just have to keep faith in a manager. If Anchelotti isn't the answer then who is? Seriously, how many different managers with totally different styles and visions do we have to sack before the penny drops? Our lack of stability is one of the biggest reasons we're so poor because we keep stumbling from manager to manager and nobody ever gets a chance to turn things around. Some of our our fans would have us be a bigger northern version of Watford that sacks its manager's every six mouths and then look around in bewilderment as things continue to get worse.

If we don't get europe then the season is a failure. I'm not going to dodge around that, and will call it out for what it is.

I still think the idea of changing the manager after a top half finish in their first full season, is pretty outrageous. Failure is a collective thing and everyone takes responsibility, especially the players who have let down the club on a regular basis at Goodison this year.

I'm behind the manager for the long haul as are 90%+ of our support. I'm not behind a large proportion of these players and they have run out of chances. The main responsibility this summer lies with the DOF who needs to finally get it right in terms of the type of player we need.
Are you behind the style of football??

Our style is certainly behind the times

All I want to start seeing from Carlo is better football. Doesn't mean I want Martinez, style over substance. But we need to start seeing something we can build on.

Acknowledge injuries are making that difficult, but then we have to look internally at why we get so many injuries and what we can do to change that.

Athletic article today - 24 players out this season all told, 149 games missed between them.

Something needs to be done about that or we're going nowhere, under Ancelotti or anyone else.
So it’s either 1 or 2 things.
1. Training sessions are like the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan.
2. We are the unluckiest club in the land.

Not a lot you can do about point 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back