Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everton crowd are not toxic. The Goodison results this year should be the end of that silly argument about the crowd.

I partly blame this perception on social media because it gives the completely the wrong view of things. I don't use twitter anymore because it couldn't be any further away from real life and it attracts the extreme viewpoints. Well over 90% of our support are completely behind the manager and are happy to be patient with the manager. That doesn't mean we are happy with the players and performances because I certainly am not. But what is the alternative right now?

There are elements of our support who still don't seem to understand that the problems lie mainly with our squad. They hugely overrate our players, even some of our better ones. Until the squad is more or less overhauled, we will continue to get woeful results. Yes any team will struggle with around 10 senior players out, but we have a squad which currently struggles with 2 or 3 out. You should have a squad built for the scenario of having a couple of players out at all times because that's what is likely to happen. We have been extremely unlucky in the last few months but we didn't prepare a squad for a long season.

I don't agree with booing anyone before they even set foot on the pitch but there's a lot of context with Schneiderlein and a series of utterly appalling performances where his effort was dreadful.

Because he bloody deserved it.

It's not toxic; it's expecting certain standards.

The players have shown this season that the fans don't make one jot of difference to their performance if they're left alone to just play. If anything, all the evidence now is the fans giving the players a kick up the arse is actually what they need.

He deserved it.

His comments after leaving says why he deserved it.

Disgusting attitude.

My argument here is that you get behind your players, not turn on them.

Ultimately our goal is all the same, we want to see trophies, and success. Just used that as my example. Will disagree with all three here, no one deserves to be booed in a warmup.

Ancelotti is dragging a gang on losers and has us a point off Europe with a game in hand, but i'm on this thread and there's people who genuinely want him sacked. Find me a manager who can be successful without his two best midfielders, our most creative option being a player who can only play 50% of games and the rest ravaged by injuries.

Our fans are toxic, simple as. I get it we're starved of success, but sacking Ancelotti? Come on.

My argument here is that you get behind your players, not turn on them.

Ultimately our goal is all the same, we want to see trophies, and success. Just used that as my example. Will disagree with all three here, no one deserves to be booed in a warmup.

Ancelotti is dragging a gang on losers and has us a point off Europe with a game in hand, but i'm on this thread and there's people who genuinely want him sacked. Find me a manager who can be successful without his two best midfielders, our most creative option being a player who can only play 50% of games and the rest ravaged by injuries.

Our fans are toxic, simple as. I get it we're starved of success, but sacking Ancelotti? Come on.

You get behind your players by expecting a standard from them.

Just happy clapping them and pretending everything is alright does nothing.

We're fans, not cheerleaders.

I by no means think Ancelotti should be sacked, but should he and his players be criticised in every remotely reasonable way possible? Absolutely.

The fans aren't toxic. However, there are many players' performances that are, and you highlighting Schneiderlin is a crystal clear example that you don't understand that.

I'm a Moyes fan - although and I'm genuinely pleased for him at West Ham. Hope he keeps Liverpool out of the top 4!
But honestly - I'd want Carlo over him every day, because I believe the ceiling is way higher with him in charge.

Management is such a complex thing its hard to define what a glass ceiling is.

I've said numerous times certain players and managers suit certain clubs ethos - Carlo could be a quiet leader at a Real Madrid or a PSG where the players are world class and even when half motivated could beat most sides - now can that leadership style work with lesser players such as ours added to a football club that has little expectation in terms of success these past 25 years?

I don't know but my gut instinct is as much as I was happy with Carlo's appointment maybe Moshiri got too star struck by the name and instead needed to have looked at the bigger picture and what type of management is needed to best suit the type of players we can attract as we aint signing Mbappe or Kroos anytime soon.

In terms of the standard elite teams (United etc) they are anomalies. They need to have a few years of consistency to turn into what Spurs did to be within the elite (champions league challengers every year etc). This season will be the 3rd time in 7 years they've finished above us for example especially how much of a mess we've been.

But they are the very much the next team though to break in.

Spurs are a good case study though aren’t they. Look how quickly they fell away from the team Redknapp built with Bale Modric etc. under AVB. Then Pochettino got extremely fortunate that Kane was coming through just as he took over and the rest of the top 6 was faltering. He did a brilliant job with them but no trophies, and as soon as it levelled off a tiny hit they’re right back to being outside the top 4 with a poor quality squad. They just can’t do what United Chelsea City and Liverpool did which is season after season throw huge money at every position until success comes.

We’re building from an even lower base. A side used to the bottom half with not much quality in it at all. This is going to be a long journey for us to truly crack the elite. Even if we break in once we don’t have the squad depth to sustain it over the long term. We need sustained long term investment in this squad to get up with the big 4 teams on a consistent basis. Yes we could be doing better performance wise at the moment but the challenge in front of everyone at the club is massive.

Did Carlo Ancelotti not say the objective for the season is European football?

Do YOU think we will get European football?
Yes he did. I wouldn't expect less from a winner even if he inherited a gang of losers to aim for better.

And I think miraculously we can. Beat spurs we beat twice already and we are in. Draw and we still have a game in hand anyway. Not Wetting the bed just yet. Carlo has a habit of going on winning streaks with this bunch. And we are due another. Hopefully if for the first time since the first 4 games he has HIS players all available towards the very end we can make a push for Europe.

It always looks bleakest at the end of your bad form. But we are well in with a chance points wise.

It takes time to build a team,as well as money. I read that people are saying that Carlo hasn’t achieved his objective of getting into Europe,it’s not the end of the season yet,so shut up. If we keep sacking managers we will never build a team. We all know which players won’t take us to the next level but until then they are our players and we should support them,byall means criticise or praise them after the game but constantly abusing them and the management team every hour,every day won’t change things and makes you look like a irrational human being. Just stop.

Yes he did. I wouldn't expect less from a winner even if he inherited a gang of losers to aim for better.

And I think miraculously we can. Beat spurs we beat twice already and we are in. Draw and we still have a game in hand anyway. Not Wetting the bed just yet. Carlo has a habit of going on winning streaks with this bunch. And we are due another. Hopefully if for the first time since the first 4 games he has HIS players all available towards the very end we can make a push for Europe.

It always looks bleakest at the end of your bad form. But we are well in with a chance points wise.

The worry is we've fallen away hard both this season and last both results/points wise - fitness issue potentially? Always worries me the article about Bayern players holding their own fitness sessions.

You get behind your players by expecting a standard from them.

Just happy clapping them and pretending everything is alright does nothing.

We're fans, not cheerleaders.

I by no means think Ancelotti should be sacked, but should he and his players be criticised in every remotely reasonable way possible? Absolutely.

The fans aren't toxic. However, there are many players' performances that are, and you highlighting Schneiderlin is a crystal clear example that you don't understand that.
anyone denying the everton have big problem with fat lonely toxic fans can only be a toxic fan buddy. anyone reading this thread overnight would be embarrassed for everton.

No mate I was referring to your post. You said you were expecting him to deliver on his European objective. I point out to you we are 1 point away from making Euro.

At the start of this season most of the people expect Europa 6th or 7th we aren’t far behind.

We are 1 point away from qualifying for the Europa Conference League. I believe the aim/hope was Europa League for most people wasn’t it?

Nobody would dispute that mate but there's a line though.

There's no fans at Goodison this season and our form has been woeful.

Oh no, i'm certainly not going to debate what you're saying either.
But goes to show that fans are everything, there are very few teams who've posted better home form than away form this season, it's an anomaly of a season, but equally a telling sign of the fact we're not a finished article.

Crystal Palace was the key example, draw 1-1 after a hatful of chances, and they go to lose 4-1 in the next game. We lack cutting edge, but I believe in what we're trying to achieve, and think we need patience. I just think our fans turn so quickly, just for the sake of being frustrated. I understand, i'm frustrated, but I can see the fact we've got so many injuries there isn't any fluency, and some of the players just aren't good enough.

Look at the bench we worked with last night, for example. I'll be disappointed if we miss Europe, but equally, the signings we've made and improvement of some players suggest a reason to be positive, not raging at a manager, who has his hands tied behind his back.

anyone denying the everton have big problem with fat lonely toxic fans can only be a toxic fan buddy. anyone reading this thread overnight would be embarrassed for everton.

I think any fan base would be generally disgusted with performances lately.

I think most can deal with being crap or boring, but not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back