Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get behind your players by expecting a standard from them.

Just happy clapping them and pretending everything is alright does nothing.

We're fans, not cheerleaders.

I by no means think Ancelotti should be sacked, but should he and his players be criticised in every remotely reasonable way possible? Absolutely.

The fans aren't toxic. However, there are many players' performances that are, and you highlighting Schneiderlin is a crystal clear example that you don't understand that.

I didn't like Schneiderlin, I just used it as my example. It sets a standard.

I'm also not stating that Ancelotti should be free from any criticism, because he should. But lets be realistic, he's working with the same turds the others have had to deal with, and it'll take time.

I very much understand, but being a point off Europe, with a game in hand, is not a reason to be asking a manager to be sacked, in my opinion.

so u think ok for crazy forum kopites calling for everton manager heads and embarrass club and forum??

An overreaction sure, but an understandable one.

At least its based on what they're seeing with their own eyes. I'm an Ancelotti fan but we are utter crap at the mo and the criticism that he's yet to impose a style is fair.

Someone in the match thread said as a team we all move to the ball to make it look like we're closing the opposition down without actually closing them down. It's all a facade - too many players not putting the effort in.

At least its based on what they're seeing with their own eyes. I'm an Ancelotti fan but we are utter crap at the mo and the criticism that he's yet to impose a style is fair.

Someone in the match thread said as a team we all move to the ball to make it look like we're closing the opposition down without actually closing them down. It's all a facade - too many players not putting the effort in.
if u think this thread past 12 hours us understandable then ur part of the problem buddy. a sad time for grandoldteam.com and what happens when we do not have rep to CRUSH the red slimeballs.

I think he’s realised what he’s working with.
Last year the midfield was absolutely garbage.
He addressed that, but they are now out injured, so we are back to that same pathetic midfield of last season, so it’s no real surprise at what we are seeing.
Until the majority of this squad is phased out we are screwed basically.

They were garbage under Silva too, it’s clear to see where the problem lies.
He stuck a plaster over it by signing Allan and Doucoure, but long term more is needed.

My argument here is that you get behind your players, not turn on them.

Ultimately our goal is all the same, we want to see trophies, and success. Just used that as my example. Will disagree with all three here, no one deserves to be booed in a warmup.

Ancelotti is dragging a gang on losers and has us a point off Europe with a game in hand, but i'm on this thread and there's people who genuinely want him sacked. Find me a manager who can be successful without his two best midfielders, our most creative option being a player who can only play 50% of games and the rest ravaged by injuries.

Our fans are toxic, simple as. I get it we're starved of success, but sacking Ancelotti? Come on.

You're maybe taking this from social media mainly though? There are only a very small handful of posters on GOT who want the manager out. There are always going to a few and that's fine. But I'd say well over 90% support the manager so it's just not true to say the support is toxic. The results this season show how much we need the Goodison crowd.

The Scheniderlein thing isn't really relevant either. There's not likely to be any correlation between someone booing Schneiderlein and wanting Ancelotti sacked. They are completely unrelated issues. I didn't agree with the booing before he came on the pitch but he put in several unacceptable performances where he deserved criticism. He was one of the most gutless players we had during the post-Moyes era.

I think Goodison will be a big asset next season personally. The crowd will be behind the manager.

we have decent players mate. end of. the failure to get a tune out of them is possibly a few factors, but attempting to grind it out in the disgraceful manner that Ancellotti has is a disgrace to everything the club should stand for.
Who are these decent players you speak of? The majority of them have failed to perform for 3 or 4 different Everton managers. Why can’t people see this?? They’re mid-table premier league footballers, with the exception of James who is only here because of CA. And guess where we are - mid-table. What a shock.

If we’re still playing this pragmatic football this time next year after 2 more windows by all means I’ll criticise Carlo. But as I see it at the moment he’s trying to grid out results as the players he sees on the training ground each day are largely not good enough for anything else.

He addressed that, but they are now out injured, so we are back to that same pathetic midfield of last season, so it’s no real surprise at what we are seeing.
this is level head opinion buddy.

They were garbage under Silva too, it’s clear to see where the problem lies.
He stuck a plaster over it by signing Allan and Doucoure, but long term more is needed.

If he gives Sigurdsson a new contract then we need to stop using this excuse.

Management is such a complex thing its hard to define what a glass ceiling is.

I've said numerous times certain players and managers suit certain clubs ethos - Carlo could be a quiet leader at a Real Madrid or a PSG where the players are world class and even when half motivated could beat most sides - now can that leadership style work with lesser players such as ours added to a football club that has little expectation in terms of success these past 25 years?

I don't know but my gut instinct is as much as I was happy with Carlo's appointment maybe Moshiri got too star struck by the name and instead needed to have looked at the bigger picture and what type of management is needed to best suit the type of players we can attract as we aint signing Mbappe or Kroos anytime soon.

Perhaps a point in this, but I’d point to the fact that at times this season we were saying certain players had never played better.

DCL is in his best ever form
As recently as Anfield we were saying we’d never seen a better Tom Davies
Siggurdson has apparently had his best season since his first one in the team
Holgate had his best form last season under Carlo and at times this season when fully fit
Godfrey has improved
Even Pickford has been better since his injury break
We have all said that Keane and Mina have played their best football this season
Even Coleman at times has looked back to his old self according to some

On the flip side to that I think Richarlison hasn’t hit the heights he’s capable of and Digne is about level where he’s normally at.

So it begs the question what more could we be doing. You want a manager to improve players, he’s undoubtedly done that for most through coaching compared to where they were under Silva. The defensive organisation has improved, the set piece organisation, the efficiency upfront had improved (until Palace).

All these indicators that you’d expect from a manager are pointing in the right direction but we have a problem thy the football is terrible at the moment.

Now we could say that Ancelotti is an awful tactician but you don’t win what he has, even with good players, if you’re poor at tactics. Only Zidane has won three modern CLs. Every top manager with unlimited budgets at the best teams have tried and most don’t even have one so he’s clearly not tactically inept.

if it’s also not down to the coaching of the players to improve (which it doesn’t look like it is based on individual and collective improvements in form) then we are left with one inescapable factor.

The players are not good enough. They can’t stop making individual errors, they’re too poor to carry out tactical instructions, lazy in concentration, and not mobile enough to ply different ways or be rotated. Not good enough.

We can keep crying all day about whether Carlo is the manager he was ten years ago, but seriously, if we gave him Chelsea’s squad do we think he’d be playing football like this? Even Leicester’s squad. I’d even wager Arsenal’s squad. He’d have all those teams in the top 4 easily.

As a fan base we have to stop wishing for this Hail Mary pass of a miracle manager to come along and turn us from 30 year also fans to a top 4 team over night. This guy almost did it but he’s fallen short now in April.

Back him with some premier league standard players and we might actually go somewhere. Whilst Davies Coleman Keane Siggurdson Gomes Bernard are getting first team minutes for Everton we are going nowhere under any manager in world football.

hello buddies i feel crazed thoughts at my unhappy life and sense of entitlement not being met so i will behave like tantrum child on grandoldteam.com because bad mr ancelotti do not give me guaranteed feel good result and we should fire him because i know better and this has worked just perfect for the everton in recent times. i do not care if i embarrass the everton they exist only for MY feel good chemicals and although i sit in pisspants and not cuddle other human without sex attack I am perfectly place to know solutions for the everton than experts.

Yes he did. I wouldn't expect less from a winner even if he inherited a gang of losers to aim for better.

And I think miraculously we can. Beat spurs we beat twice already and we are in. Draw and we still have a game in hand anyway. Not Wetting the bed just yet. Carlo has a habit of going on winning streaks with this bunch. And we are due another. Hopefully if for the first time since the first 4 games he has HIS players all available towards the very end we can make a push for Europe.

It always looks bleakest at the end of your bad form. But we are well in with a chance points wise.
Fair enough. I hope you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back