Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s either 1 or 2 things.
1. Training sessions are like the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan.
2. We are the unluckiest club in the land.

Not a lot you can do about point 2.

Or we just assembled a team of major crocks. Mixture of all I think. Definitely no coincidence that majority of our injuries come on the training ground.

Remember the days when Reidy had no knees and would do everything he could to get on a pitch, players don't have this attitude anymore. I mean probably for the best in some regards but shows a bit of passion and dedication at least...yes Fabien Delph I am looking at you.

Or we just assembled a team of major crocks. Mixture of all I think. Definitely no coincidence that majority of our injuries come on the training ground.
Pretty sure Doucoure wasn’t a crock or Gbamin before they joined us.
Allan (not sure) and Rodriguez (knew what we were getting).
It’s all a bit nuts really, but because it’s Everton the MSM won’t really care.
It’s just another season of failure if we don’t qualify for Europe.

Remember the days when Reidy had no knees and would do everything he could to get on a pitch, players don't have this attitude anymore. I mean probably for the best in some regards but shows a bit of passion and dedication at least...yes Fabien Delph I am looking at you.

Said it all season, players lack of desire , effort and commitment has been an issue this season and many gone by. That Fulham home game was enough for me, there was no desire, no fight, no spirit, we didn’t lose that because they out-did us tactically they just out fought us and wanted it more. We have a team of self-serving duds.

All I’ve seen since mostly this season is a load of overpaid, overhyped individuals who think they’re better than they are or who have no will or desire to be part of a team churn out the same old performances.

Definitely no coincidence that majority of our injuries come on the training ground.

Probably not. I'd hazard a guess and say most injuries for every club come in training sessions. It's an occupational hazard, has always happened, and always will whilst people are pushed to the limits that being an elite athlete and footballer requires .

Are you behind the style of football??

Our style is certainly behind the times

No I really don't enjoy watching us at the minute, it feels like a chore. The midfield is a major problem though. When we have injuries there (which is pretty much always), we struggle to compete and retain possession to sustain attacks. The only way around that is to sign better players. We also need a new right hand side with pace because too often we are extremely lopsided in how we attack. This has been really evident when Coleman has been out and that's been quite often this season. I'm fine with keeping Seamus next season but we need to sign his replacement urgently. He's still capable but his best days have past and he is also injury prone now.

Take James out and we struggle to create chances also. We need to sign another option to play his position because James will only ever be able to start maybe 50-60% of matches. You build the team around others and slot James in to compliment things when he is fit.

In short, the football improves when the weaknesses in the squad are improved. 2 injuries and we are playing players who are out of their depth at this level.

All I want to start seeing from Carlo is better football. Doesn't mean I want Martinez, style over substance. But we need to start seeing something we can build on.

Acknowledge injuries are making that difficult, but then we have to look internally at why we get so many injuries and what we can do to change that.

Everyone wants to see better football but in the games we've tried to be expansive this season at home, we have been badly exposed defensively. The midfield needs quality and depth. The whole system in certain matches (like last night) is compromised to try and help an inept and immobile midfield. When we improve the squad and keep our players fit then the football will improve.

We haven't been able to name a steady line up at any point this season since the October internationals. I'm a big believer in consistency of selection. it's important in any team sport from the top level of football down to a cricket match in the village park. If people are comfortable and familiar with those around them they are more likely to perform close to their best.

Yes these are maybe excuses I am making for the manager, but I think they are valid points and need to be considered. I'm extremely disappointed with our general form since the turn of the year but the solution is to double down on how we back the manager, not to replace him.

Since Moyes left, the vast majority of our problems have been self inflicted through recruitment. Until we start getting it right both in terms of who we sign and the balance of the squad, we will continue to see too many poor results.

Leicester isn't an anomaly, they're the best run club in the country by a mile. They've got the best scouting certainly for me, buy young and low, sell high. Completely profitable system, which fits to the strengths of their team. I've said before it's the model we need to be leaning towards, because it works.

West Ham is a one off, and you know it. West Ham haven't got a better team, but have got that confidence from a great unbeaten run, like we had at the start of the season.

BUt you're absolutely right in the fact that we've shown we can play free flowing football is something i'll hold onto. We've been absolutely ravaged by injury, and you're placing all creativity on a midfielder we agreed would only play 1 in 2.

It's a longer term project. Just mind blown at the knee jerking in here. I genuinely thought Silva, Walter Smith and Mike Walker would be fresh in peoples minds to know that this is a positive project.

In terms of the standard elite teams (United etc) they are anomalies. They need to have a few years of consistency to turn into what Spurs did to be within the elite (champions league challengers every year etc). This season will be the 3rd time in 7 years they've finished above us for example especially how much of a mess we've been.

But they are the very much the next team though to break in.

Probably not. I'd hazard a guess and say most injuries for every club come in training sessions. It's an occupational hazard, has always happened, and always will whilst people are pushed to the limits that being an elite athlete and footballer requires .

Ours are ridiculously bad. Dignes one before Christmas which ruled him out was ridiculous. You’d think our players would be less likely to pick up injuries given none of them play or churn up the level of performances expected from an ‘elite athlete’ or PL standard footballer.

If you hadn’t seen a game all season and seen a table. And 30 games In you’re told. Tom Davies has played 20, Gomes 22 and siggurdsson 28. I think you would be fearing the worst

Yeah contrast that to how many games Allan Docuoure and Gbamin, our 60 million pound midfield have played this season.

We just can’t get away from these terrible players, they are a curse on the club.

Ours are ridiculously bad. Dignes one before Christmas which ruled him out was ridiculous. You’d think our players would be less likely to pick up injuries given none of them play or churn up the level of performances expected from an ‘elite athlete’ or PL standard footballer.

I use the word 'elite' in a slightly different context to 'world elite,' or world class, if you will.

They're Premier League footballers, fgs. They're elite athletes and footballers.

Pretty sure Doucoure wasn’t a crock or Gbamin before they joined us.
Allan (not sure) and Rodriguez (knew what we were getting).
It’s all a bit nuts really, but because it’s Everton the MSM won’t really care.
It’s just another season of failure if we don’t qualify for Europe.

Allan let’s be honest, he’s come from Serie A, the man is in his 30s, it’s very rare for any player to come from Serie A and be hugely successful in this league. When you’re his age and have spent most of your career playing in veterans leagues and now have to deal with a league that’s played a consistent fast pace he was always going to struggle. It was always questionable. Any player coming from
Serie A should be.

Allan let’s be honest, he’s come from Serie A, the man is in his 30s, it’s very rare for any player to come from Serie A and be hugely successful in this league. When you’re his age and have spent most of your career playing in veterans leagues and now have to deal with a league that’s played a consistent fast pace he was always going to struggle. It was always questionable. Any player coming from
Serie A should be.
I think Allan has do a good job in his first season, obviously injuries haven’t helped and does put a question mark on him fir the next couple of seasons.

I think maybe the club wanted Hjobjerg first, but after that with Carlo wanting 2 midfielders and maybe not wanting a youngster. Are hand wax forced really, We obviously didn’t have a lot of options in the market.

I think Allan has do a good job in his first season, obviously injuries haven’t helped and does put a question mark on him fir the next couple of seasons.

I think maybe the club wanted Hjobjerg first, but after that with Carlo wanting 2 midfielders and maybe not wanting a youngster. Are hand wax forced really, We obviously didn’t have a lot of options in the market.

I think he went with someone he could trust and knew would work hard. I don’t doubt his ability when he plays he brilliant and he can’t be replaced in this side. Just knew it was always going to be questionable wether he could keep up with the pace and physical demands this league brings, especially even more so in a season where things are even more congested.

good morning buddies if still angry and think know solutions to the everton problems from ur pisspants please do not forget to take medication to get better. we will continue to laugh at u forum kopites to help with change. thank u have most beautiful day ever.
BC916D3C-478B-4AEB-8EA5-AE3B6BBD9759.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back