Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because Argentinians are rubbish at football.

A top scorer in the Argentine league

A10FB031-54C2-47C8-AF59-F448E08EC7C2.webp

It shows how little some people know about football or even how football works.

Carlo Ancelotti is in probably the most secure job in Premiership football .
Those in charge of the club will have seen and appreciated the effect he has on the fanbase as well as realising g that being mentioned in the debate for CL football at this stage of the season is real progress.
We do not have the squad to compete for the CL this season imo but we have been unlucky with injuries to the most important players in our team.

If we could play our strongest eleven then I feel we could compete with most teams but I cannot remember when last we played our strongest team
Carlo has started to deliver but we must remember it is only the start.

For some it isn't about the appointment, it is about the drama of the sacking and then the search, the yellow bar on SKY sports is enough for some to change everything about the club on a regular basis. .
To start Pep is the most secure job.

Moving beyond that Carlo will be fighting for his spot by the end of next season if he doesn't have a stellar summer and really get this thing moving next autumn. He's not going to get forever if he's playing turgid football and the results dry up.

My complaint is that he's not good at turning his style into winning matches and the rebuttal of "he won a second rate league twice and an underage tournament" doesn't really move the needle when he's managed for 30+ years.
The Olympics is a tough tournament. You cant devalue it like that.

To start Pep is the most secure job.

Moving beyond that Carlo will be fighting for his spot by the end of next season if he doesn't have a stellar summer and really get this thing moving next autumn. He's not going to get forever if he's playing turgid football and the results dry up.
That simply is not true

Apart from the bit about Pep being more secure.
Although I always have the feeling with Pep that he is an adrenaline junkie and is always liable to do something unpredictable.

That simply is not true

Apart from the bit about Pep being more secure.
Although I always have the feeling with Pep that he is an adrenaline junkie and is always liable to do something unpredictable.
Pep might leave but he's not getting canned.

And I think it is true. He's not going to get a third season if it is 11th 9th 9th and we are terrible to watch and still showing no progress. At some point he has to actually do something here.

Every player is like Straq.

Ok.

FFS, I cant believe some arre turnig tnheir nose up at Bilesa. Incredible arrognace form fans of a club that haven't won a carrot for 26 years.

The football and performances would be something to swoon over. Bielsa with £300M like Koeman got. Imagine.

I wouldnt mind see our player put in a shift like the leeds players do.

I dont get why they are always tired in matches and getting injured in training

Does davide go around thrownin 2 footers in

Ok.

FFS, I cant believe some arre turnig tnheir nose up at Bilesa. Incredible arrognace form fans of a club that haven't won a carrot for 26 years.

The football and performances would be something to swoon over. Bielsa with £300M like Koeman got. Imagine.
About the same as Bielsa then

Ok.

Bielsa's personal trophy drought is only 3 years shorter!

Honestly, I have hardly watched any football recently. Evertons fixtures have been all over the shop, dont have BT or Sky, so if they are on MOTD, that might get a glance the following day. Not sure they have been on it for a while cos of the Monday fixtures.

I am very comfortable with Ancelotti. But then I am patient. Hadnt even heard of Bielsa before he rocked up at Leeds; Blackpool were fun under Holloway.

Ild read about him years ago in Jonathan Wilson's book 'Angels with Firty Faces'. I was surprised he went to Leeds, but then again, not surprised. He's a maverick. And he knows how to set a team up to play.

TBH, Ild rather have Rodgers. But he isn't coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back