Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif
That gif has more accurate passes than we do some halves

A winner with Argentina and in the Argentina league. EL runner up.
He won the Olympics with Messi, Di Maria and Riquelme playing as an overage player. He won in Argentina in the early 90s. He doesn't win things. His style is not suited to winning things. He's over the line.

Edit: Sorry he won the 2004 Olympics. So just Tevez and Macherano.

Big big summer transfer market.
Still a big enough club to attract.
Money to attract
World famous manager to attract.
His only real window was alright. Doucoure is fine. Rodriguez and allan was a gamble. Both absolute quality if roaring and fit. Ok ok we dont need to harp on that.
Im confident he can get in enough that your gomes iwobis sigurdssons will be finaly be phased out. Thats a huge huge thing. Getting them away from regular starters.
Biggest and most important window for a long time.

Hadnt really thought of that. He makes bang average players a bit better, lives above a newsagent, but seems to have a rep that folk who know more than me about footie hold him in high regard.
Can you say you'd rather have watched Everton this season or Leeds? They can be maddening sometimes (I've criticised them myself).

But imagine what he could do with the cash available here.

He won the Olympics with Messi, Di Maria and Riquelme playing as an overage player. He won in Argentina in the early 90s. He doesn't win things. His style is not suited to winning things. He's over the line.

Edit: Sorry he won the 2004 Olympics. So just Tevez and Macherano.
Oh, so it all doesn't count?

I wish you'd told me.

Oh, so it all doesn't count?

I wish you'd told me.
My complaint is that he's not good at turning his style into winning matches and the rebuttal of "he won a second rate league twice and an underage tournament" doesn't really move the needle when he's managed for 30+ years.

It shows how little some people know about football or even how football works.

Carlo Ancelotti is in probably the most secure job in Premiership football .
Those in charge of the club will have seen and appreciated the effect he has on the fanbase as well as realising g that being mentioned in the debate for CL football at this stage of the season is real progress.
We do not have the squad to compete for the CL this season imo but we have been unlucky with injuries to the most important players in our team.

If we could play our strongest eleven then I feel we could compete with most teams but I cannot remember when last we played our strongest team
Carlo has started to deliver but we must remember it is only the start.

For some it isn't about the appointment, it is about the drama of the sacking and then the search, the yellow bar on SKY sports is enough for some to change everything about the club on a regular basis. .

Can you say you'd rather have watched Everton this season or Leeds? They can be maddening sometimes (I've criticised them myself).

But imagine what he could do with the cash available here.

Honestly, I have hardly watched any football recently. Evertons fixtures have been all over the shop, dont have BT or Sky, so if they are on MOTD, that might get a glance the following day. Not sure they have been on it for a while cos of the Monday fixtures.

I am very comfortable with Ancelotti. But then I am patient. Hadnt even heard of Bielsa before he rocked up at Leeds; Blackpool were fun under Holloway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back