Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon Osman:

“When you change expectations, when you make people believe that you can achieve Champions League, to then finish outside European qualification altogether would be a bit of an anti-climax.

“I feel Everton need European qualification to take the next step in their progression.

“I feel if they were to finish eighth and miss out altogether, I think that would be a disappointing season for Everton.”
Starts *Have we set our expectations too high?* thread.

Aren't they all

I think this one has to have a bit more significance. Previous ones going back the past 5 years were under dross managers who wasted so much money.
Ancelotti is a different ball game. His first batch of signings were good enough. His second will hopefully now start seeing more plodders he inherited being phased out.
3 good signings could be massive. Esp midfield where we cant control games against anyone right now.

Starts *Have we set our expectations too high?* thread.

Expectations were probably too high yes, I didn't think top 4 was ever that likely or realistic.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be aiming for it. There is nothing worse than managers talking themselves down constantly in the press and giving the usual comments about staying up and 40 points. We should be aiming to win the league at the start of every season, otherwise what's the point. That obviously doesn't mean we will win it, but objectives should always be optimistic rather than cautious.

I'm not turning on him.

I've already stated he gets the next few months of next season up to Christmas to get things moving in the right direction, style and results-wise.

I'm putting forward the propsition that we need to make our next manager a stylist who plays in a certain way (successfully) in orer to hand us back an identity.

I'm sick of looking at the last few Everton managers coming in and handing us haphazard play and inconsistent performances. We deserve more than just muddling along until the BMD stadium is built. If that's Moshiri's game, it wont work.
You have changed your tune
You said the carpetbagger would never build it
What changed your mind

I think this one has to have a bit more significance. Previous ones going back the past 5 years were under dross managers who wasted so much money.
Ancelotti is a different ball game. His first batch of signings were good enough. His second will hopefully now start seeing more plodders he inherited being phased out.
3 good signings could be massive. Esp midfield where we cant control games against anyone right now.
WE will ned more than 3 first team signings and Carlo I would assume knows this
RB.CB 2xCM and CF needed at a minimum

Heh, I'm sure there is a list. I'm actually more worried about pulling off the deals we need. Unfortunately it is not cut and dried or we seem to have dreadful luck with injuries. I actually hate the transfer window, yet another time of teeth gnashing and wailing. Usually swerve it all until we know who has actually signed.

Summer. Something to look forward to lol
You might hate it but launderettes love it
Bags and bags of wet bedsheets to be cleaned every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back