Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
None was offered.

Although I find it extremely disrespectful to the achievements of GB players who have played in an incredibly tough tournament like the Olympics, which Messi himself thinks of as his crowning achievement, for you to not even know who they are.

Just goes to show that people like you have no regard for such a prestigious tournament - unlike our fellow South Americans.

shameful.
Do you think Messi would think of it as his „crowning achievement“ in international football if he’d won a World Cup or Copa America?

There would be more people on his back for sure. As some lunatics were not on board with him coming here as if he would have in the first place. But me personally I'd be the same as I am about Carlo. -Flabbergasted we pulled such a world class manager and not making a fool out of myself by pisshing the bed because we only find ourself 2 points off Europe with a game in hand in after not been with us a full season.

It would take me a good 3 years before I start making up my mind on either one. Whatever happens up till then.

Like a balanced normal person.
What has the bit in bold got to do with this forum

There would be more people on his back for sure. As some lunatics were not on board with him coming here as if he would have in the first place. But me personally I'd be the same as I am about Carlo. -Flabbergasted we pulled such a world class manager and not making a fool out of myself by pisshing the bed because we only find ourself 2 points off Europe with a game in hand in after not been with us a full season.

It would take me a good 3 years before I start making up my mind on either one. Whatever happens up till then.

Like a balanced normal person.
That's neither balanced or normal though is it? Nobody thinks Silva should have another 18 months so we could make our minds up do they?

Carlo will have a list of who he wants for the first team
Brands will get very little choice in the matter
Brands will look for young bargains and do the negotiations
Moshiri and Usmanov will not go against Carlo
Heh, I'm sure there is a list. I'm actually more worried about pulling off the deals we need. Unfortunately it is not cut and dried or we seem to have dreadful luck with injuries. I actually hate the transfer window, yet another time of teeth gnashing and wailing. Usually swerve it all until we know who has actually signed.

Summer. Something to look forward to lol

Far as I'm concerned, Carlo should get a free hit for this season due to it being his first full season and the fact the squad still has substantial deadwood from previous regimes. This summer upcoming is massive though. If we don't sign anyone who improves the team immediately and can't shift any deadwood, then we are in for a tough season. He's a great manager but he can't turn **** to gold unfortunately.

Yes it is. Silva shouldn't have got 18 minutes here.
There you go then. You don't really think should get 3 years minimum and that anyone who disagrees is a bedwetter, you just really really want Ancelotti to succeed because you believe that a manager with previous success behind him is our best chance and him failing would make it feel like we were just cursed, and so you desperately don't want him to be seen as having failed and will give him as long as possible to avoid facing up to that possibility. That is perfectly fine, of course, and totally understandable, but let's be honest about it and not pretend that it's the thought of not giving someone 3 years to prove themselves that you have an issue with.

There you go then. You don't really think should get 3 years minimum and that anyone who disagrees is a bedwetter, you just really really want Ancelotti to succeed because you believe that a manager with previous success behind him is our best chance and him failing would make it feel like we were just cursed, and so you desperately don't want him to be seen as having failed and will give him as long as possible to avoid facing up to that possibility. That is perfectly fine, of course, and totally understandable, but let's be honest about it and not pretend that it's the thought of not giving someone 3 years to prove themselves that you have an issue with.
Nope. One is Carlo Ancelotti and one is Marco Silva. Thats all that needs to be said about that. There is no need for further elaboration.

We’re not cursed, success comes from world class managers managing world class players in a world class structure. For too long we haven’t had any of these three pillars in place, hence why we’re not getting success. I think some fans though there was a quick way out of it though. Martinez or Silva with a progressive style of football could lift average groups of players to new heights etc. The same thing is happening with Ancelotti now, the fact he’s Ancelotti makes some think he’ll take this group to previously unachievable heights.

It won’t happen. If Ancelotti is still a world class manager then unless the other two pillars fall into place we won’t have sustained success. We don’t have world class players, we don’t even have particularly good ones, we have some very good ones, but a lot of extremely poor ones. We don’t seem to have a world class structure either, recruitment, and player conditioning and injury prevention, have both been very poor in the past.

Until these other two things change you could put anyone in charge of this team, they’ll still fail. It might look different, it might give us the odd good weekend, the odd result we can point to and say ‘look x manager would never have done this’, we might get the odd month of pleasing reviews on Sky or BT that keep us all happy. But we will not have the long term success of competing for leagues and CLs at the highest level on a regular basis unless we have consistent squads of world class players and we are keeping them fit the majority of the time to give to good managers.

We’re not cursed, success comes from world class managers managing world class players in a world class structure. For too long we haven’t had any of these three pillars in place, hence why we’re not getting success. I think some fans though there was a quick way out of it though. Martinez or Silva with a progressive style of football could lift average groups of players to new heights etc. The same thing is happening with Ancelotti now, the fact he’s Ancelotti makes some think he’ll take this group to previously unachievable heights.

It won’t happen. If Ancelotti is still a world class manager then unless the other two pillars fall into place we won’t have sustained success. We don’t have world class players, we don’t even have particularly good ones, we have some very good ones, but a lot of extremely poor ones. We don’t seem to have a world class structure either, recruitment, and player conditioning and injury prevention, have both been very poor in the past.

Until these other two things change you could put anyone in charge of this team, they’ll still fail. It might look different, it might give us the odd good weekend, the odd result we can point to and say ‘look x manager would never have done this’, we might get the odd month of pleasing reviews on Sky or BT that keep us all happy. But we will not have the long term success of competing for leagues and CLs at the highest level on a regular basis unless we have consistent squads of world class players and we are keeping them fit the majority of the time to give to good managers.
Totally agree with that.

Leon Osman:

“When you change expectations, when you make people believe that you can achieve Champions League, to then finish outside European qualification altogether would be a bit of an anti-climax.

“I feel Everton need European qualification to take the next step in their progression.

“I feel if they were to finish eighth and miss out altogether, I think that would be a disappointing season for Everton.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back