Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an article from A Bola that claims it would cost 40 million to scuttle Mourinho's contract. Don't know the accuracy of the story. But Mourinho is savvy dude so I don't fully doubt it.
Yeah but they are talking about in the summer then it will only cost a bit under £20m to sack him i think, seems to depend on where they finish in the league. I think Nuno would probably do quite well at Spurs tbh but i reckon he would want a good few of the Wolves players going with him which would be interesting. Spurs have a lot of older players, Wolves have a lot of good younger players.

GOT: making positive contributions to the cleaning services economy.
'Everton drawing with Palace and Brighton was the much needed boost this industry needed after a tough 2020 with Covid...the prospect of another poor result on Friday and further slippage out of European contention could see the bed sheet cleaning industry back to 2019 levels, which is something we would greatly welcome' John Smith, Chair of the bedsheet laundry Association April 2021.

Yeah but they are talking about in the summer then it will only cost a bit under £20m to sack him i think, seems to depend on where they finish in the league. I think Nuno would probably do quite well at Spurs tbh but i reckon he would want a good few of the Wolves players going with him which would be interesting. Spurs have a lot of older players, Wolves have a lot of good younger players.
You still think frugal ass Levy would even part with 20 million? I do concur about Nuno think he would adapt swimmingly at Spurs. Mourinho always felt like a suspect choice.

You still think frugal ass Levy would even part with 20 million? I do concur about Nuno think he would adapt swimmingly at Spurs. Mourinho always felt like a suspect choice.
He might not have much choice tbh, the whole vibe around Spurs at the moment is very, very toxic, i live down south and know a few fans and they just hate everything about it at the moment, some are not even bothered if Kane leaves as they would'nt blame him.

At the end of the day theres not a manager on this planet that would consistently get better results than what Carlo has done with this squad let alone when it’s been so injury hit. Fact is other than 6 or 7 players the rest of the squad is bottom half of the table quality.

Highest win % in our PL history, highest points per game in our PL history, up there with Kendall and Catterick in our entire history, all whilst having to play Davies and Siggurdson in midfield.

Yet some want him out because they’re bored. Staggering.

The crunch may come when the crowds return. Turning out garbage performances will always have one result, anger and abuse aimed at the players who can't hack it and inevitably the man on the touchline irrespective of his personal qualities and likeability. This freak season has spared coaches and players everywhere from this sort of exposure. Post match media interviews can be brushed aside easily enough, the fans can't and will not be.

The crunch may come when the crowds return. Turning out garbage performances will always have one result, anger and abuse aimed at the players who can't hack it and inevitably the man on the touchline irrespective of his personal qualities and likeability. This freak season has spared coaches and players everywhere from this sort of exposure. Post match media interviews can be brushed aside easily enough, the fans can't and will not be.
The dars WILL have their pound of flesh

He might not have much choice tbh, the whole vibe around Spurs at the moment is very, very toxic, i live down south and know a few fans and they just hate everything about it at the moment, some are not even bothered if Kane leaves as they would'nt blame him.
It's seems to be quite the powderkeg with how much ire he's generated so you might be right about the eventual jose implosion happening sooner than it usually occurs. It's such a contrast to what's happening at Everton, there's some Slight fan frustration but largely everyone is so awe of having a manager of carlo's magnitude people are willing to endure some rockiness and players adore the dude as well.

Posted this in another thread, but posting it again here because I can. Fight me:

agree with this, but more often than not, we’ve largely had to field the same side that had us in the relegation zone under Silva at one point last season. I’m not saying all our players are terrible and the shackles could probably be eased a bit, but there’s no doubt in my mind the football being served up isn’t because that’s how we want to play, but most of the time it’s out of necessity.

Beginning of the season we played some of the best attacking football we’ve played in ages, then we hit a slump, injuries started happening to key players too frequently and we had to tighten things up.

We looked to have more about us going forward in the Palace game but for some bad finishing and good goalkeeping. But once again on Monday, we had to play about 6/7 defenders, and our bench were all up past their bedtime. I’m not sure what kind of football we can expect to be playing under such circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back