Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Below is what was said few days ago, so to do what we have done, plus mess up a lot of games, with many Injuries a lot of them at same time, and not many games apart has took some doing, really.

In total, 24 EVERTON players have spent time on the sidelines this season, missing a combined 149 games.

I don't like how he talks about Delph as though he's a real member of the squad.

It's enough to make me think that he's still going to be here next season.

It’s a bit of a worry that he says it could be a good season even if we don’t qualify for Europe

Deffo sitting on the fence
Ah, lowering the expectations so he can look good either way. It’s like how Allardyce used to talk about relegation when it was never going to happen.

The target was Europe, Carlo, you’ve failed if you don’t reach it.

Built his own porto team, built his own Chelsea team. Alboet it with plenty cash in few windows. And if he inherits a fully equipped sqaud he wins things.

I never said he spends 5 years anywhere but thats what I'd give him at Everton. He wouldn't chose Everton anyway and I would prefer to have carlo Ancelotti too. I'd say he would be much riskier for reasons you are getting at. But If we did get him I wouldn't turn my nose up giving our history since the 80s. I'd give him all the time and all the players he needs to throw under the bus as sometimes I'd like to be the driver of said bus and run over most of our players myself.
He stayed at Porto 2 years and won the league twice he moved to Chelsea where he stayed 3 seasons and won the league twice so I think it’s fair to say he inherited a pretty solid squad from day 1 in both cases. He’s never stayed anywhere longer than 3 years so why what makes you think he can build Everton into a winning team over 5 years. Why give him 5 years but Ancelotti less than 2??

P
He stayed at Porto 2 years and won the league twice he moved to Chelsea where he stayed 3 seasons and won the league twice so I think it’s fair to say he inherited a pretty solid squad from day 1 in both cases. He’s never stayed anywhere longer than 3 years so why what makes you think he can build Everton into a winning team over 5 years. Why give him 5 years but Ancelotti less than 2??
He bought good players at Chelsea and formed his own team. He bought good players for porto too. I don't think he would come here. I would give carlo as long as he wants. I would give that to jose that aswell.

Reactions: kev
Carlo says he'd love to stay at least for this contract and beyond, into the new stadium - that's at least 3.5 years.
To have the first manager of this calibre, and James, to come here. To have genuine hope, and an 'identity' and style at the start of this season, and the different positives he has brought here, he's 100% worth investing in for the length of his contract. There's no way he would want his stellar career to fizzle out at Everton, he'll want this on his CV that he can do it at lower level clubs and lift them , not just at PSG, Real, Chelsea where there's a track record and plenty of money. This is the first chance since 1987 we have to really get closer to the top again. Some years of Moyes and the first year of Martinez were not backed by serious investment.

At the same time, with Carlo expressly saying he'll be happy to stay here, only Everton could mess this up and not give him the space and time he needs to build something. We were in the news, people were worried about us, and we were an actual threat a few months ago, now we're forgotten, and people are starting again to look at us and say, oh its only little Everton. Well, imagine how players, agents and investors will think of us if we mess this one up! We have to take this chance, and I really hope that behind the scenes, training, medicine, fitness, infrastructure, all of that is being improved, because it's not only the manager and first XI that will bring us success!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back