Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whereas we are Real Madrid in disguise, galactico’s everywhere, Figo, Ronaldo and Raul tearing up the opposition in the morphed form of Iwobi, Richarlison and Davies.
Where's your sense of adventure???? Be a fuming cry arse after the game not before it! I don't drink much but I've got some nice craft beers in for the game later. I also have a load of spirits in so come 10pm will it be gin or will it be a nice large brandy? Who knows. It's part of the game. I've also got a tenner on 2:2.

Back in the day if the board didn’t believe in a certain Howard Kendall we would have not had the success in the 80s, as others have said we have the best manager since then and he needs backing 100%
This is not his team, he has played all his signings on 6 occasions this season and we won 5 and drew 1
So let’s see what he can do in the summer
I’m not sure those early league games were a true indication of how good or bad we were going to be, considering they were against Spurs, WBA,Crystal Pal.Brighton, Liverpool with one game in the league cup v Salford? Maybe that first Derby game was a better indication of how how our season would pan out, maybe we deserved the draw we got, maybe not, saved by a last minute VAR decision which left most of us very relieved. The sixth game, not with all of the best players, was a very poor performance against Southampton and the next away game with an even worse display at Newcastle. There have been some good results away since then and some very poor and baffling team selections, by Carlo, at Goodison Park, since then, and how many of us have a lot of confidence in how the squad, depleted being fair to Carlo, will perform starting at home to Spurs tonight: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst?

Where's your sense of adventure???? Be a fuming cry arse after the game not before it! I don't drink much but I've got some nice craft beers in for the game later. I also have a load of spirits in so come 10pm will it be gin or will it be a nice large brandy? Who knows. It's part of the game. I've also got a tenner on 2:2.
My sense of adventure went for a wander on Monday night and not come back yet, hoping it returns soon.
Might join you in that!

what? Stop mate.

Liverpool missed an entire back line, and when the players came back they started getting results.

City lost their back line and were atrocious for a season. They then came back and were good.

Gang of cry arses swear to god.

that’s not me saying I’m happy with the result, just use some perspective.

I think you'll find there is no room for common sense here mate

I’m not sure those early league games were a true indication of how good or bad we were going to be, considering they were against Spurs, WBA,Crystal Pal.Brighton, Liverpool with one game in the league cup v Salford? Maybe that first Derby game was a better indication of how how our season would pan out, maybe we deserved the draw we got, maybe not, saved by a last minute VAR decision which left most of us very relieved. The sixth game, not with all of the best players, was a very poor performance against Southampton and the next away game with an even worse display at Newcastle. There have been some good results away since then and some very poor and baffling team selections, by Carlo, at Goodison Park, since then, and how many of us have a lot of confidence in how the squad, depleted being fair to Carlo, will perform starting at home to Spurs tonight: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst?
Over a period of 38 games the position you finish in reflects where you are as a club.
At the start of the season I don't think any of us expected to be in the discussion about the CL places with seven or eight games to go

I am not even sure I would want us to get top four this season, I am not sure we are ready for that level of European and domestic competition yet

I think we would need to strengthen the squad beyond what would be possible to cope with the demands.
If we could have a good window this summer followed by a good season and then another window and by then I feel we would be far better prepared.

Over a period of 38 games the position you finish in reflects where you are as a club.
At the start of the season I don't think any of us expected to be in the discussion about the CL places with seven or eight games to go

I am not even sure I would want us to get top four this season, I am not sure we are ready for that level of European and domestic competition yet

I think we would need to strengthen the squad beyond what would be possible to cope with the demands.
If we could have a good window this summer followed by a good season and then another window and by then I feel we would be far better prepared.
Weird things do happen. Sheffield United were never the 9th best team.

Weird things do happen. Sheffield United were never the 9th best team.
They were because they got the results.
They developed a winning habit and were able to sustain it throughout the season. They had belief and confidence in themselves and that made them nineth best team.
They could not sustain that level of belief and you could see the confidence drain from them.
Liverpool were best last season, this season struggling for fourth.
Football is a constant changing affair.

They were because they got the results.
They developed a winning habit and were able to sustain it throughout the season. They had belief and confidence in themselves and that made them nineth best team.
They could not sustain that level of belief and you could see the confidence drain from them.
Liverpool were best last season, this season struggling for fourth.
Football is a constant changing affair.
I mean looking toward the future though you can't go "they finished 9th so they're above average" because it doesn't work that way. We're at this spot right now. We have not been very good this year and we need to recognize this and look to improve over the summer. We aren't going to be as bad as they've been obviously but it wouldn't take a drastic swing in fortune for us to be clawing our way toward the top half this time next season if we don't play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back