Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day if the board didn’t believe in a certain Howard Kendall we would have not had the success in the 80s, as others have said we have the best manager since then and he needs backing 100%
This is not his team, he has played all his signings on 6 occasions this season and we won 5 and drew 1
So let’s see what he can do in the summer

Back in the day if the board didn’t believe in a certain Howard Kendall we would have not had the success in the 80s, as others have said we have the best manager since then and he needs backing 100%
This is not his team, he has played all his signings on 6 occasions this season and we won 5 and drew 1

Have to back him in the summer then won’t we or what’s the point?

Just a reminder, one of the greatest Managers there has ever been in world football has been here for only 16 months.
If anyone thinks even he can lay the foundations of a great side in that time then it’s you that needs to question yourself, not him.
He took over an absolute shambles and because of contracts he is stuck with most of it for now.

He had very few options in front of him. Obviously he wouldn’t have bought those players if say the likes of James or Allan were available to him. They clearly weren’t.

Given the situation he walked into he might be the one with the best achievement.
Something tells me that maybe just maybe James and allen might not of signed for big old gravy tits Sam .

He looks like an old man, and the football reflects that.

Dull, insipid, lacking any urgency. Spurs are the same, and they too have a manager who also looks a good five years past his best.
Sir Alex Ferguson was the oldest swinger in town, when he knocked the rs right off their effing perch.:) Cheer up you moaning negative kopite. We still have an outside chance for the top 4, and im sure the football will improve next season, once some more boss players are signed in the summer. In Carlo we trust.;)

The crunch may come when the crowds return. Turning out garbage performances will always have one result, anger and abuse aimed at the players who can't hack it and inevitably the man on the touchline irrespective of his personal qualities and likeability. This freak season has spared coaches and players everywhere from this sort of exposure. Post match media interviews can be brushed aside easily enough, the fans can't and will not be.
Did you see the lack of depth on that bench the other night? I think Carlo is doing an alright job, considering the squad he inherited. Get behind your team, and get behind your manager.;)

I hope this is not true.. another season written off with the axis of snails in midfield...

Misconstrued quotes me thinks. He's just making Gbamin feel better that he's not gonna be thrown in the scrap heap.

He more likely will, but Carlo is a nice guy.

Carlo knows midfield is an issue based purely on bodies.

Just a reminder, one of the greatest Managers there has ever been in world football has been here for only 16 months.
If anyone thinks even he can lay the foundations of a great side in that time then it’s you that needs to question yourself, not him.
He took over an absolute shambles and because of contracts he is stuck with most of it for now.
Posts like this are like morphine from some of the guff I have to suffer through on here.

Misconstrued quotes me thinks. He's just making Gbamin feel better that he's not gonna be thrown in the scrap heap.

He more likely will, but Carlo is a nice guy.

Carlo knows midfield is an issue based purely on bodies.

The quotes mean next to nothing as far as I can see. The window doesn't open for weeks, and lots of things are still to be determined. Carlo is not going to give negative comments towards a player going through a tough time with serious injuries and he's also not going to give our targets to the media weeks in advance.

I think we will look to sign a midfielder regardless, but we will also wait on Gbamin's recovery. It's too early to tell at the minute. And then we have to wait on PSG's offer for Kean. He will probably go in the end, but equally we shouldn't sell just because it's PSG. The money has to be right.

I agree to a point.
But how many times has he played 5 out the 6? Also we should factor in that james was never going to play every game, and we knew this when we signed him.
We talk about the rest of the squad as if they are conference players but it includes a Brazilian forward, and two players that will be in the England euros squad. Richardson and DCL are likely to the be the players that are valued financially if we were to sell them.
In his defence, every player he has signed has improved the squad.
We probably have a first 11 that can compete with the top four. But our squad is probably 7/8.
I am not ancelotti back. He isn’t doing a terrible job, but he isn’t getting anything more out of the squad then you would expect.
The jury is still out.
I would be far happier signing Max Aaron’s and Buendia from norwich, Sarr from watford and Toney from Brentford. Then more 29/30 year old international looking for a pay day and demanding they need to start when fit. Players with something to prove, youth on their side that can provide a bit of pace to the old hands we have. each one would offer something off the bench we just don’t have at the minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back