Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell though, I'm not Carlo out.

Not having that yesterday is the best performance for people to be saying proves his world class credentials either though.

I'm so happy with this season compared to last and we're there or there abouts right now. We should be much better off, which is the frustrating thing.

But we have to start being able to combine playing well at both ends of the field - we still have hardly managed that since the first 5 games and I'm sorry, injuries can't be used as an excuse.

If we manage that in the last 6 games, then we've got a very very good chance of getting Europe. But we have to do it.
Rubbish ,of course injuries count but above that it is the squad he has .
I don't really think Jesus made wine from water ,I believe it was metaphorical .
You tailor the cloth to suit the width .

People think other teams are disabled and we should win comfortably most of the time but sometimes they also expect them to beat our opponents on the table too :p

If by that you mean "pretend teams finish the season exactly where they should based on how they play" I probably won't
I think it is beyond doubt that teams finish based on how they have played -it is said that the table never lies .
If you mean where do they deserve to be then that is simply a matter of opinion .Not rocket science

The best teams dont always win.

The only thing that matters is the result.

32 games, 15 wins, yet you still chatting wham that we need to play better to win games.

Just saying fam.
Yeah exactly, so us winning some (is 15 of 32 that good or are we doing low standards again?) doesn't mean anything relative to how good we actually are.

We've just won a game because the keeper dropped it into his own net. Luck plays a big part in this game, even over an entire season.

I just disagree with the premise of looking at results and saying we're better now. We've been crap, often, and at some point we need to play better. And by that I mean scoring more and conceding less.

Yet when we played against Leicester and Pickford dropped it in our net and cost us two points, that wasn’t luck, that was apparently Ancelotti’s fault for not dropping out keeper.

Results are the be all and end all. I’d agree with you if we were three games in but we’re 32 games in. If he was going to be found out he’d have been found out which means he is doing something right. That something is us getting the lead in games and not giving it up very often.

If we’d had a few less injuries we’d probably be in the top 4 now. There’s just no way you fluke that. Yesterday and West Brom away are probably the only games this season where I’ve felt we got more points than we deserved. There’s multiple games though (Palace Spurs West Ham Newcastle (a) Burnley) where I felt we deserved more, even if that was just a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back