Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was a game over christmas, one of the rare occasions I've seen a losing Everton team applauded off the pitch. Sorry i maybe didn't make the point very well, I meant United were getting beat by all those teams, not us. Point being, it wasn't some massive change in mentality from us, it was just that a team which hadn't finished outside the top 3 for about 20 years suddenly found itself in 8th place and it was much easier to beat them than it had been in the past. It's why all this talk of mentalities etc makes me laugh, beating teams that are 20/30/40 points better than you away from home is very difficult and doesn't happen often. That has often been the case for us going to Old Trafford and the Emirates etc. It's really not a coincidence that these mental blocks have miraculously disappeared at the same time that the team we're playing is no longer as good.
Okay mate, Carlo sucks that’s why in 1 season we win at Spurs/Arsenal/RS for the 1st time in years but it’s because there all crap

Screenshot_20210428-094606.webp

Okay mate, Carlo sucks that’s why in 1 season we win at Spurs/Arsenal/RS for the 1st time in years but it’s because there all crap
We have gone to the pit for years and at times their chins have been on the floor yet we still somehow managed to capitulate to them,this "Everton project"is a slow and laborious project after so many years of mismanagement,but this fella Carlo is turning the big ship around I am sure of that.

We have gone to the pit for years and at times their chins have been on the floor yet we still somehow managed to capitulate to them,this "Everton project"is a slow and laborious project after so many years of mismanagement,but this fella Carlo is turning the big ship around I am sure of that.
Not like this they haven't. We played them in the middle of a run where they lost 6 consecutive home games, scoring 1 goal. They've won 1 of their last 11 home games (with an injury time winner). They've only EVER lost more home games than this once. As I said, it's not a criticism of Ancelotti in the slightest, you can only beat what's in front of you, but it's just silly to pretend that this wasn't the best chance we'd had to win there (in the league at least) in living memory. It doesn't mean we haven't had a change in mentality of course, but I don't think there's really any dispute that the games have also just generally been 'easier' - for want of a better word - to win.

I remember us absolutely battering Sunderland with 10 men and ? Mignolet? put on a clinic and we lost 1 nil. If that had gone the other way I reckon we were on for Top 4 that year.
Vito Mannone lollol we’d have gone a full 12 months unbeaten at home if we hadn’t lost too proper proper typical Everton that

Not like this they haven't. We played them in the middle of a run where they lost 6 consecutive home games, scoring 1 goal. They've won 1 of their last 11 home games (with an injury time winner). They've only EVER lost more home games than this once. As I said, it's not a criticism of Ancelotti in the slightest, you can only beat what's in front of you, but it's just silly to pretend that this wasn't the best chance we'd had to win there (in the league at least) in living memory. It doesn't mean we haven't had a change in mentality of course, but I don't think there's really any dispute that the games have also just generally been 'easier' - for want of a better word - to win.
Isn't that the crux of it though?yes they were in that unprecedented run of home losses when we rocked up,but normally in that type of scenario,who would you have expected them to turn it around against?;)lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back