Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

He really is going to give him a new contract FFS

My disdain for Gylfi was all to see in the first half of the season and particularly last season, but I do think he has been very good this year so far.

If we can get a two year deal through on 75% of his current wage, then he is more than capable to play a squad role in a team that is hopefully playing two games a week next season.

Key to it all is bringing the wage down, at the status-quo I think that would be ridiculous for the output we get.

My disdain for Gylfi was all to see in the first half of the season and particularly last season, but I do think he has been very good this year so far.

If we can get a two year deal through on 75% of his current wage, then he is more than capable to play a squad role in a team that is hopefully playing two games a week next season.

Key to it all is bringing the wage down, at the status-quo I think that would be ridiculous for the output we get.

He will be here next season regardless of whether we give him an extension though. And he also isn’t taking a pay cut.

He's still really bad. People have to understand that scoring penalties doesn't mean he's playing well. Open play he's still largely anonymous and quite frankly not good unless he scores a goal. For a "midfielder" that doesn't work.

And I don't even think he's good enough to be of use on Thursday nights in the conference if that is what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back