Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managers are a dime a dozen.
Good managers cost more than that.

Good managers get their teams to play better than the sum of their parts.
No evidence that this is happening here.

It's weak sauce to say "wait till he gets his players"; if he can't get them to rise above their talent level - whatever the talent level is - he's not adding any value.

Personally, I think one problem that nobody foresaw is that Carlo doesn't drill players strictly. What I mean is he doesn't walk into a squad and make demands in terms of intense pressing or whatever. He's used to talented, intelligent players and gives them independence. You can see it works well with James but the rest of our craphouses are clueless.
That's it our players are mostly not at his level they need telling they are stupid. No coincidence when we have a simple and negative game plan away from home they can do that. Take the intuitive at home and they are braindead in the main.

Then why not play in a way that doesn't need a midfield?
Im sure we could overlook 8 games of hoofball. Its actually not far from whay we're doing now, but we could put players near to DCL to get on the end of knockdowns.
_methode_times_prod_web_bin_07c04696-3fac-11eb-83a7-25db7141c256.jpg

Man, the natives would be restless. El Gravyboat got pelters for it.

Joking aside, Dunc did it when he was interim. But I think he'd got a lot of goodwill behind him.

Nope... we say we are ambitious but we don't recruit like an ambitious club.

Absolutely nothing ambitious about the way we recruit and hand out generous contracts.
Exactly this, what ambitious clubs were queueing around the block to buy Iwobi for £35m? Just 1, us!

It’s difficult to judge tactics when centrebacks are teeing up opposition strikers and our strikers are toeing one on ones out for throw ins. Some of our players can’t make a 5 yard pass, all our players (except James) don’t have a good first touch, only Digne can cross a ball, some of them can’t get round the pitch.

I’m not sure where you point the blame. Either all of the managers we’ve had have been awful including Ancelotti. Or we’ve just got a lot of very very poor players. Richalrison is supposedly our top attacking talent and he struggles in any scenario where a second touch is needed.

Half the forum thinks Ancelotti is trying to make the best out of a very bad hand, the other half think he’s causing the bad hand.

Then why not play in a way that doesn't need a midfield?
Im sure we could overlook 8 games of hoofball. Its actually not far from whay we're doing now, but we could put players near to DCL to get on the end of knockdowns.

TBF, Tony Pulis Stoke side was more interesting to watch than this Everton team......... If we dont play from the back Villas 1st goal doesnt happen and we have one of the most dangerous aerial players in DCL yet he is starved constantly.

Nope... we say we are ambitious but we don't recruit like an ambitious club.

Absolutely nothing ambitious about the way we recruit and hand out generous contracts.
Well yeah for every Allan/Doucoure you're gonna get some stupidity like bidding against yourself for a Sigurdsson, that's why this summer has to be key. No more overpriced tat from other clubs, we need to strike the right deals for the right players. Right now I'm 50/50 wether we can, links like Coutinho worry me

It’s difficult to judge tactics when centrebacks are teeing up opposition strikers and our strikers are toeing one on ones out for throw ins. Some of our players can’t make a 5 yard pass, all our players (except James) don’t have a good first touch, only Digne can cross a ball, some of them can’t get round the pitch.

I’m not sure where you point the blame. Either all of the managers we’ve had have been awful including Ancelotti. Or we’ve just got a lot of very very poor players. Richalrison is supposedly our top attacking talent and he struggles in any scenario where a second touch is needed.

Half the forum thinks Ancelotti is trying to make the best out of a very bad hand, the other half think he’s causing the bad hand.
Strikers being coached by renowned clinical finisher duncan “I have a tattoo” Ferguson.

being coached to pass backwards and not take any risks by Mr Italia 90.

Fitness being done by Dan everything is awesome donachie.

Is it any surprise that we struggle in each of the above?

So you agree - finally - that both ancelotti and brands can’t be doing a good job, and (at least) one of them must be failing? Hallelujah.

Well yeah for every Allan/Doucoure you're gonna get some stupidity like bidding against yourself for a Sigurdsson, that's why this summer has to be key. No more overpriced tat from other clubs, we need to strike the right deals for the right players. Right now I'm 50/50 wether we can, links like Coutinho worry me
Correct, and if we are going for 29/30 year old players that are passed their best you will expect to have injuries and inconsistent team selections because of this.

If we are actually trying to sign Coutinho then we clearly have learned nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back