Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you agree - finally - that both ancelotti and brands can’t be doing a good job, and (at least) one of them must be failing? Hallelujah.
I think they both have issues to answer. The players too, absolute brain dead bottle jobs many of them.

I was made up when we appointed Carlo, we all were

But I’m slowly starting to realise that he might not be up to this

someone earlier made a good point about Pelligrini at West Ham. Yes he was good at clubs who gave him the best players but at West Ham he got found out big time

same is happening here and I’m sick of the football we play under Carlo to be honest. There is no excuse for losing to dross like Newcastle and villa

blaming the players every game is fine but how come teams with worse players are beating us?

we don’t look drilled properly, our tactics, or rather lack of them, is worrying

A few people said that the game has passed people like Carlo and Mourinho by and I laughed at the notion but maybe they had a point?

I say give him the summer and let him bring in players he needs and to get rid of the players who aren’t good enough

But if/when this project fails I hope we go for a young manager who believes in youth and has an attacking philosophy and consistent system - Carlo’s pragmatism is starting to grate

The shed end is interesting if you want insight into carlo

Chelsea fans aren’t surprised by our performances under him and it’s why I’ve changed my tune on Carlo

they said that he got sacked in the end because he only ever makes like for like substitutions, always needs help from the dugout and waits far too long to make changes which can effect a game

sounds very similar to the Carlo I see in the dugout

We need a passionate hungry manager for our project Carlo doesn’t seem that bothered to me

Hurts me to say this but we won’t be challenging the top 6 anytime soon without wholesale changes, Carlo, Richi, DCL, Allan, James - none will be at a top 6 Everton side.

Signed off for a few hours, not going to read back, just wonder has anyone mentioned Eddie Howe tonight? Or Scott Parker??

So you agree - finally - that both ancelotti and brands can’t be doing a good job, and (at least) one of them must be failing? Hallelujah.

No, and I don’t know why you have an odd predisposition to ensuring one of them must be failing.

I think both have improved us. The squad is better now than it was at the end of 17/18 (although that’s not hard given the low bar). It’s difficult therefore to lambast Brands when Martinez Koeman Allardyce Walsh all made the squad worse year on year before he arrived and for the first time since Moyes the squad is on an upward curve.

I think the football is also better under Ancelotti than it was under Silva.

So I’m not going to criticise two people who might actually be improving us.

That being said though, now they are in the hot seats it’s their responsibility to sort it out because there’s a lot of players currently in this squad who are not good enough to be playing for this club (or any premier league club for that matter).

I was made up when we appointed Carlo, we all were

But I’m slowly starting to realise that he might not be up to this

someone earlier made a good point about Pelligrini at West Ham. Yes he was good at clubs who gave him the best players but at West Ham he got found out big time

same is happening here and I’m sick of the football we play under Carlo to be honest. There is no excuse for losing to dross like Newcastle and villa

blaming the players every game is fine but how come teams with worse players are beating us?

we don’t look drilled properly, our tactics, or rather lack of them, is worrying

A few people said that the game has passed people like Carlo and Mourinho by and I laughed at the notion but maybe they had a point?

I say give him the summer and let him bring in players he needs and to get rid of the players who aren’t good enough

But if/when this project fails I hope we go for a young manager who believes in youth and has an attacking philosophy and consistent system - Carlo’s pragmatism is starting to grate
Yet it's also given us a brilliant away record? I agree he has questions to answer but it's hard to judge fully in such a weird season with no preseason, fans, contracted schedule and imbalanced squad. In all honesty as much as I agree it's horrific to watch and poor at home, eighth is probably round about what we are and the players and Brands have as much to answer for in it.

For the wages and his cv he’s massively underperformed.

no excuses for that woeful home form, Fulham, Newcastle twice, villa...he’s not even got them motivated.

im watching these prima donnas jogging about and find myself looking at the tv and noticing I’ve missed 20 mins because I’ve been looking at my phone - the game is so boring.

how many chances do you give to iwobi? How many chances do you give to Gomes to misplace passes, or spend the game passing backwards.

absolute utter rubbish this season

No, and I don’t know why you have an odd predisposition to ensuring one of them must be failing.

I think both have improved us. The squad is better now than it was at the end of 17/18 (although that’s not hard given the low bar). It’s difficult therefore to lambast Brands when Martinez Koeman Allardyce Walsh all made the squad worse year on year before he arrived and for the first time since Moyes the squad is on an upward curve.

I think the football is also better under Ancelotti than it was under Silva.

So I’m not going to criticise two people who might actually be improving us.

That being said though, now they are in the hot seats it’s their responsibility to sort it out because there’s a lot of players currently in this squad who are not good enough to be playing for this club (or any premier league club for that matter).
Mate you’ve literally just said that only one of our players has a good first touch. Would you say not having a good touch is desirable in a footballer? If yes then why mention it? If no then how can the fact we keep signing players without one possibly not be an issue that the DoF is responsible for? I mean come on, this is pretty simple stuff.

I’ve never understood why football fans feel they have to obsessively stick up for certain managers whilst criticising others

I love Carlo as a person but as a manager he’s not doing a good job here, simple as that

forget his past. Do you think Spurs fans or even utd fans kept referencing Mourinho’s past triumphs when they were serving up the dog mess every weekend? No they wanted him out.

We are all clinging onto AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti but we’re not ever getting that here. He isn’t the type of manager you bring into to build a squad from scratch and that’s what is needed right now

This is coming from someone who admired Carlo for all his playing and managerial career - but this is a job too far for him and I don’t see him ever getting a big job again after this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back