Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who question C A, could you quote more than, say, 10 seasons, where the footy has been consistently entertaining over the last 50 years (for those old enough!)

There's this feeling that we're used to something better and I really don't know why most people should think that given the way Moshiri has donated dosh to the clapped out dossers fund.

In no way should anyone be calling for Carlo to go but to sit there and say he has performed fine this year is baffling to me. We are 1.5 years in to him and I can't tell you, at all, what we are trying to do. We have seemingly no plan in place for each match, everyone looks like they've never even seen their teammates before and, somehow, fitness levels are still as crap now as they were in November.

His remit for this year was Europe. I doubt it was that Europa Conference whatever but that's still Europe. We brought in old-er players specifically to speed up the process to get there this year. If we don't get Europe, he's failed this year. Some can champion their "5 points off Europe in May" trophy, places are what matter at the end of the day. 72 points didn't get us Champions League, it got us 5th.

In no way should anyone be calling for Carlo to go but to sit there and say he has performed fine this year is baffling to me. We are 1.5 years in to him and I can't tell you, at all, what we are trying to do. We have seemingly no plan in place for each match, everyone looks like they've never even seen their teammates before and, somehow, fitness levels are still as crap now as they were in November.

His remit for this year was Europe. I doubt it was that Europa Conference whatever but that's still Europe. We brought in old-er players specifically to speed up the process to get there this year. If we don't get Europe, he's failed this year. Some can champion their "5 points off Europe in May" trophy, places are what matter at the end of the day. 72 points didn't get us Champions League, it got us 5th.

Ancelotti will admit himself he's failed, he won't be interested in near misses.

We've blown it this season when it was right there for us. I've no interest in spin because we haven't met our objectives. I just happen to blame the players and the DOF rather than the manager. The days of spinning failure as success and rubbish like the magnificent 7th etc need to be over.

Just because others have been worse doesn’t mean he’s been good enough. Our midfield has been terrible for ages and nowhere near the standard to be challenging the top 6. All those names have their day just like Davies does but none are good enough. Gomes I feel slightly sorry for because of his injury but the rest just arent good enough. Davies included.

Gomes before his injury was like he is now. When he was on loan was his best period. Had the occasional strong game.

Davies would not even be seen as an issue if we hadn't blown millions on supposed quality players. He would be seen like most young midfielders - occasionally. The reliance on him stems from the garbage we bought - so less criticism of the courtesy car and more questions as to why we are sat in it.

Ancelotti will admit himself he's failed, he won't be interested in near misses.

We've blown it this season when it was right there for us. I've no interest in spin because we haven't met our objectives. I just happen to blame the players and the DOF rather than the manager. The days of spinning failure as success and rubbish like the magnificent 7th etc need to be over.
Not a chance Carlo is sitting there thinking "Im only a few points off where I want to be, its been sound".

I mean I don't mind admitting that we haven't really done what we needed this season, if we can claim Europe it would be decent, even that Conference rubbish, we need to establish ourselves as a European team.

Few games left, at this point I honestly couldn't care less about them if I tried, I've honestly not really been that bothered about this season for a while now, footy isn't footy without fans.

But Window coming up and a chance to go again in August, with fans, new players, hopefully some refreshed players, but with a Copa and Euros, well, maybe not as much as we would like.

But anyway, we go again.

Be nice if for once we didnt have to give excuses for our managers:

El Loco - Needs players who can play fancy football

Koeman - cleaning up El Loco's mess

Silva - tRaNsItIoN sEAsOn

Carlo - needs his own players

Only one who has actually over achieved was the bloke who was vilified the most - Fat Sam with that squad he was left with by Koeman/Walsh.

Allardyce??? Worst football I've ever seen.

We are so passive, our pressing is so half arsed and inconsistent.
To do pressing you cant play with slow, slower and slowest in the same team. Put in a midget or two and you can only play when you have the ball. In slow motion. It is exactly what we are watching. It wont change until the garbage is out of the club.

He's not the only one but he sets up the team, he is meant to get them prepared, he is meant to get them to follow his instructions. It's obviously on them to perform but, when they invariably do not time and time again, he picks them. What are ramifications to these players? Apparently nothing.

Allardyce??? Worst football I've ever seen.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back