Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance Carlo is sitting there thinking "Im only a few points off where I want to be, its been sound".

I mean I don't mind admitting that we haven't really done what we needed this season, if we can claim Europe it would be decent, even that Conference rubbish, we need to establish ourselves as a European team.

Few games left, at this point I honestly couldn't care less about them if I tried, I've honestly not really been that bothered about this season for a while now, footy isn't footy without fans.

But Window coming up and a chance to go again in August, with fans, new players, hopefully some refreshed players, but with a Copa and Euros, well, maybe not as much as we would like.

But anyway, we go again.

Next year is going to be proper difficult. All our rivals are going to improve and spend in the window. Unless we are willing to make big decisions then we are going back not forwards.

The crowd will help a lot at Goodison but it will help others with home advantage too. I'm not very optimistic right now because we've blown a huge chance to really push on. Far too many of these dreadful players will be here next year and I have little faith in our recruitment. The only good thing at this club is Ancelotti, but he has a squad full of half arsed players and a DOF who is recruiting for a slow paced European league.

Still....Roll on next year

Next year is going to be proper difficult. All our rivals are going to improve and spend in the window. Unless we are willing to make big decisions then we are going back not forwards.

The crowd will help a lot at Goodison but it will help others with home advantage too. I'm not very optimistic right now because we've blown a huge chance to really push on. Far too many of these dreadful players will be here next year and I have little faith in our recruitment. The only good thing at this club is Ancelotti, but he has a squad full of half arsed players and a DOF who is recruiting for a slow paced European league.

Still....Roll on next year
Our problems are failing to beat rubbish teams and win at home.

2 of the easiest issues to fix in the world.

For those who question C A, could you quote more than, say, 10 seasons, where the footy has been consistently entertaining over the last 50 years (for those old enough!)

There's this feeling that we're used to something better and I really don't know why most people should think that given the way Moshiri has donated dosh to the clapped out dossers fund.
You have to ask yourself how would the good past Managers spent all those millions?
Since we got a DOF it's got worse...... too......
Look over the park not what they buy it's what they sell for great money bog average players for 15 million upwards have not even played prem football....
Carlo has a season next remember HK fans wanted him out ......
Our set up above Carlo must be wrong saying that we played more direct football under big Dunc? plus he had a 4 game unbeaten run .....

most teams used to come to goodison park and just sit on the back foot constantly and try to score on the odd counter

maybe without fans, teams are now prepared to just play from the front foot against us from the very start or maybe they no longer fear us because of how crap we have become

also villa were clearly much fitter than us, closing everything down causing holgate to make two mistakes early on

there are so many holes in our midfield and defence, its like swiss cheese

We started the season really well playing entertaining football. Plenty of goals but also conceding a few. Then we go hit by injuries to James and our fullbacks and to cope we adopted a pragmatic way of playing that actually yielded some success. Sadly as a result this became a default setting and we have been negative ever since.

Our players can no longer do the basics that will enable us to progress the ball in a controlled way. We will do some ridiculous passing sideways and backwards in our own third untill someone will try a long pass where we lose possession. I think it is partly the players but partly the coaching

As usual I am gradually leaving behind the anger from watching another awful display. Carlo's presser may have given me encouragement to believe there will be no more bluff from him regarding the collective ability of the squad. He said we are not good enough. Thank you, fine, let's take it from that point and maybe take the next 2 years turfing out 10 or more players who are not up to it. Once again, how fortunate he is that the crowds are not there to do what crowds do, voice loud disapproval.

You have to ask yourself how would the good past Managers spent all those millions?
Since we got a DOF it's got worse...... too......
Look over the park not what they buy it's what they sell for great money bog average players for 15 million upwards have not even played prem football....
Carlo has a season next remember HK fans wanted him out ......
Our set up above Carlo must be wrong saying that we played more direct football under big Dunc? plus he had a 4 game unbeaten run .....

Not buying that about Ferguson

Game vs Chelsea was excellent but the Arsenal 0-0 was diabolical and the Man U 1-1 was only a draw to an own goal

And the "unbeaten streak" ended with a shootout loss

This season has been the worst football I’ve ever seen, personally.

Deffo, it has been proper turgid.

Maybe lack of fans effects some of it (I don't know as I don't really watch other teams in the premier league) but all we have done is plod on in every game and hope for a moment of magic from one of our better players to win us the points.

He already has moved us forward. You don't have to like it, just stop crying like bishes every time we lose
I'll admit i'm not totally sold on him but given some of the individual displays we simply have to let him bring some more of his own players in and judge it properly then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back