Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can thank Brands for the squad improvement since the one Allardyce picked up just before Brands joined is by your own words ‘much worse’

Brands has done a better job than Walsh - but thats like saying Stalin was a nicer bloke than Hitler.

Rodriguez / Allan / Richarlison three of our best players only here because of Ancelotti / Silva.

Brands has done a better job than Walsh - but thats like saying Stalin was a nicer bloke than Hitler.

Rodriguez / Allan / Richarlison three of our best players only here because of Ancelotti / Silva.

Now you’re just falling into the game of giving credit to the managers for the big old signings and blaming Brands for the bad ones. Can’t lump Iwobi and Delph with Brands but let Silva have Richalrison. He’s either responsible for all of them or he’s not.

So he’s better than his predecessor and the squad has improved under him whereas before it was stagnating every season from when Moyes left to the nadir of 17/18. Yet you want this person out?

Now you’re just falling into the game of giving credit to the managers for the big old signings and blaming Brands for the bad ones. Can’t lump Iwobi and Delph with Brands but let Silva have Richalrison. He’s either responsible for all of them or he’s not.

So he’s better than his predecessor and the squad has improved under him whereas before it was stagnating every season from when Moyes left to the nadir of 17/18. Yet you want this person out?

Nah I've praised Brands for the signings of Godfrey and Doucoure - but lets not pretend Brands would have signed James Rodriguez if Ancelotti wasn't our manager.

Nah I've praised Brands for the signings of Godfrey and Doucoure - but lets not pretend Brands would have signed James Rodriguez if Ancelotti wasn't our manager.

Doesnt work that way. How do you know Silva didn’t beg Brands to bring in Iwobi Delph Bernard Gomes? We don’t.

I’m more concerned with the way we’re playing. We don’t look like a team that is being coached at all. I couldn’t tell you one thing it looks like we work on in training just by watching us play.

There's been some good performances though. Individual errors stopped us from three straight wins over spurs. Games in which we played well in. There's been others.

Can be argued an error cost us a point last night too.

Some performances have been poor, granted. But when you've got midfielders who seem to need an age on the ball to be able to do something other than a safe pass, then you're gonna struggle to consistently play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back