Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the logic of keeping the same team that beat Arsenal, not changing a winning team and all that but we were dog poo against Arsenal and got a massive slice of luck (which is very unlike Everton). If Mina was back it surely would have made sense to play our best defender… Godfrey and Mina have been our strongest partnership recently… Or revert back to the more attacking formation with 3 at the back and Digne and Coleman as wingbacks…. Actually have some width. It worked against Spurs and Palace at home and we have a striker that thrives off crosses. Yes we didn’t win those games but we were the better side in both games and should have won. Losing Rodriguez may or may not have made a difference but it highlights just how devoid of any real quality this team is.
i love Carlo but he’s not beyond criticism. The players let him down, the players are poor but Jesus, we’re in the final stretch now with an outside chance of Champions League… play your best available team! Don’t persist with pet projects like Holgate when Europe is on the line. Don’t bring on Delph, who has absolutely no right to wear our shirt, when there are players there like Davies who at least gives a crap. Carlo didn’t lose us the game but he didn’t help the situation!
The Carlo Out shouts are stupid. Sacking another manager just knocks us back to square one again and we can’t keep doing that. He needs backing, he needs his players and not the serial failures he inherited. What’s the point of hiring someone like Carlo Ancelotti if you aren’t going to back him? If you want a manger to come in and work with bang average players and try to squeeze something out of them we should have hired Moyes.. that’s his party trick.

Moyes managed it fine.

We still have scouts, contract negotiators and academy staff.

Its just an excuse to absolve Brands of any blame. The clubs done nothing for 26 years because we are ran by people not qualfied for the top level mate.

Our fall from grace is quite spectacular all things considered.
It's amazing how seemingly nobody has any culpability for anything at this club.

Moyes managed it fine.

We still have scouts, contract negotiators and academy staff.

Its just an excuse to absolve Brands of any blame. The clubs done nothing for 26 years because we are ran by people not qualfied for the top level mate.

Our fall from grace is quite spectacular all things considered.

So why do you want to get rid of perhaps the only two people at the club in Brands and Ancelotti who have worked at the top level in Europe?

So why do you want to get rid of perhaps the only two people at the club in Brands and Ancelotti who have worked at the top level in Europe?
Not being funny but the Dutch league is not top level mate, it's little more than an under 23 development league. Also you keep saying that Brands has improved the squad from Walsh but then say that the players are the problem, so which is it?

Not being funny but the Dutch league is not top level mate, it's little more than an under 23 development league. Also you keep saying that Brands has improved the squad from Walsh but then say that the players are the problem, so which is it?

I’ve been over this. The squad has improved since Brands arrived, but it’s still not good enough. They are not mutually exclusive things.

So yeah we can bash Brands for not getting rid of Coleman Keane Davies Siggurdson etc. but then when you see the players he has had to move out already you see they were even worse. He got handed a squad of terrible players mostly on massive contracts and a strait jacket of FFP stopping him from changing anything quickly. What do people really expect him to have done? Got rid of 36 players and brought in 26 top 6 standard ones in three summer windows whilst remaining on the right side of FFP?

For me you cant blame Carlo and not blame Brands or vice versa - either the players aint good enough Brands has brought in or Carlo isn't getting the best of them.

For me its 70-30 in that I think largely Brands has left the manager with a squad of poor players after spending £250 million in 3 years - Benard, Gomes, Iwobi, Lossl, Sidibe, Kean, Gbamin, Delph.

I still think Carlo is making mistakes but for me I would have lets Brands contract end and look elsewhere. He's only ever worked in the Eredivise and you can see that in his choice of players largely slow, tippy tappy soft players. He's not signed Premier League required players Doucoure and Godfrey aside.

I’ve been over this. The squad has improved since Brands arrived, but it’s still not good enough. They are not mutually exclusive things.

So yeah we can bash Brands for not getting rid of Coleman Keane Davies Siggurdson etc. but then when you see the players he has had to move out already you see they were even worse. He got handed a squad of terrible players mostly on massive contracts and a strait jacket of FFP stopping him from changing anything quickly. What do people really expect him to have done? Got rid of 36 players and brought in 26 top 6 standard ones in three summer windows whilst remaining on the right side of FFP?
No that's fair mate, every DoF his going to have good and bad buys and there was a lot of dirge that needed moving on. The only thing i would say is i see you mentioning the pace and power thing and sometimes i'm not sure if he gets how much that's needed for players in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back