Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the constant over the last 3 years and I dont think Ancelotti would want a lot of the players he recruited. With a manager and a DOF there is bound to be differences of opinion and I dont see how it works personally.

....Walsh & Koeman clearly weren’t on the same page and each brought in players without any thought to playing style, blend or need. I don’t get that impression with Ancelotti/Brands.

I think Ancelotti strongly suggests certain players & Brands looks to acquire them. Indeed it could be argued that Rodriguez and Allen are in the slow, ponderous category & Brands could have been stronger & vetoed those moves.

I think they agree the team needs certain ‘types’ & Brands looks to find them. Doucoure is an example. Ancelotti is on record as saying he didn’t know the player, so I assume they needed ‘legs’ in CM & Brands identified Doucoure. Similar with Godfrey, I recall Ancelotti answering a question and described him as ‘fast’.

I’m a bit on the fence with Brands but he has to be accountable for the players acquired during his tenure.

We don't need a director of football. I've still not seen one compelling argument why this is the right model for Everton or any English team.

I dont see how we will ever get consistently good recruitment using this model.
Well of the four players brought in last summer, I think we’ve had good value from Brands two, Godfrey and Doucoure not so much from Carlo‘s two Allan and James.

....I’d be amazed if Godfrey isn’t seen as one of our best signings of recent times. I love watching Rodriguez but I always view his type of signing as short-term & not strategic.
I'd be amazed if Godfrey was still viewed as a savior in two seasons time.

I just posted it somewhere else but Godfrey and Holgate were both majorly schooled by Watkins yesterday and that is not the toughest test in the division.

I just posted it somewhere else but Godfrey and Holgate were both majorly schooled by Watkins yesterday and that is not the toughest test in the division.
Well Big, if you’re going on one game, James was a riot at Arsenal last week.

Well Big, if you’re going on one game, James was a riot at Arsenal last week.
He was fine. I think people are struggling to understand how big his task is each week. He's supposed to be the main creative player, the main forward passer, the main forward dribbler and the guy who receives the passes forward most often. And also score some. Occasionally he'll fall short of that.

....I actually thought both Villa strikers had good games. Godfrey was indicisive and I won’t make excuses for him even if I think there were some. I’ve seen enough of Godfrey to form a view that given the right partner, he’ll be a terrific signing for us.

Only time will tell, but i think he’s been our best player this season.

No it looks like he's got terrible injury issues that have been going on for a long time now.
I don’t think the man who brought him was very impressed with the injury, quoted as saying “ It wasn’t much, but he (James) said it didn’t feel right” It didn’t look much of an injury against Fulham when he asked to be substituted, Carlo wasn’t impressed by that either.

....I actually thought both Villa strikers had good games. Godfrey was indicisive and I won’t make excuses for him even if I think there were some. I’ve seen enough of Godfrey to form a view that given the right partner, he’ll be a terrific signing for us.

Only time will tell, but i think he’s been our best player this season.
DCL has been our best player for me, but he's been around long enough that we don't overlook his flaws anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back