Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri has sacked a Director of Football and manager after manager but there's people saying there's no pressure/accountability put on them?

Odd.

For me Moshiri is very reactive - if the fans aint happy he'll act whereas the likes of Roman / the top clubs will have a clear target and if its not been met he'll boot you regardless of what your name is or how much the fans like you.

I mean Alladyce done a decent job all things considered yet was peddled because of the fans not liking him / the crap football yet 8th was a respectable finish based on where we were when he took over.

Not that I wanted Alladyce to stay like!

Moshiri has sacked a Director of Football and manager after manager but there's people saying there's no pressure/accountability put on them?

Odd.

There's no accountability for players to perform though, that's the problem.

We are a great place for an average midtable player to get a generous contract with no expectations or pressure to succeed.

I wish I lived in that world where the DOF and manager were both performing brilliantly and everything was just fine and going to plan.

We don't need a director of football. I've still not seen one compelling argument why this is the right model for Everton or any English team.

I dont see how we will ever get consistently good recruitment using this model.

ok buddies now the floppies have sucked big dog got into the arena i am offering 4/7 on them CRUSHED before sundown. come on the everton.

There's no accountability for players to perform though, that's the problem.

We are a great place for an average midtable player to get a generous contract with no expectations or pressure to succeed.
There its an urgent need to add both better quality first choice players, and also better options on the bench, whether that be new players or ones who are first choice at the moment. That will mean there is a bigger requirement to perform or you are bench fodder.

We don't need a director of football. I've still not seen one compelling argument why this is the right model for Everton or any English team.

Pretty much every team in the league has one these days.

....we need somebody really good at identifying & acquiring the right players to build a successful team. Makes absolutely no difference if that’s a DoF or Manager, the really difficult task is finding that person.

The reality is, Managers in the modern game coach and DoF oversees transfer business. It’s surely more about getting the right DoF than getting a manager who is willing to add that to the scope of his job. There is just as much chance the manager employed isn’t very good in transfer business.

....we need somebody really good at identifying & acquiring the right players to build a successful team. Makes absolutely no difference if that’s a DoF or Manager, the really difficult task is finding that person.

The reality is, Managers in the modern game coach and DoF oversees transfer business. It’s surely more about getting the right DoF than getting a manager who is willing to add that to the scope of his job. There is just as much chance the manager employed isn’t very good in transfer business.

We need recruitment for this league and Everton as a club. Our recruitment doesn't seem to be based on styles that suit the Premier league. We have literally no players who can counter attack effectively. How can this happen in English football? We have midfielders in the first team squad who don't want to run and tackle. How can this happen at Everton?

We need recruitment for this league and Everton as a club. Our recruitment doesn't seem to be based on styles that suit the Premier league. We have literally no players who can counter attack effectively. How can this happen in English football? We have midfielders in the first team squad who don't want to run and tackle. How can this happen at Everton?

...sorry, Tim, I thought you were saying it’s because we have a DoF. I think you can certainly point the finger at Brands for the lack of pace & power in the squad (it’s something I’ve been banging on about for many years). I’m saying that‘s not because we have a DoF, it’s more about having the right DoF.

...sorry, Tim, I thought you were saying it’s because we have a DoF. I think you can certainly point the finger at Brands for the lack of pace & power in the squad (it’s something I’ve been banging on about for many years). I’m saying that‘s not because we have a DoF, it’s more about having the right DoF.

Also much comes down to does the manager want that pl;ayer.

Do we sign a pack of players in their late 20's and early 30's to build a squad or get young players in late teens to mid 20's?

He's the constant over the last 3 years and I dont think Ancelotti would want a lot of the players he recruited. With a manager and a DOF there is bound to be differences of opinion and I dont see how it works personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back