Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't come on here for 24 hours because i knew it would make me feel worse. I cant stop thinking about this thing he said in one of the interviews last week that he doesnt try and change the culture drastically, but to be part of the culture of the club - something like that. on balance, I think he's mature enough, and he's also probably got assurances and a deal with Moshiri (I hope) that he will take some time to improve. This is the first full season - a messed up season - and he's judging the whole squad to see what they can do, and I'm sure he's learned a lot. There was no point in him suddenly changing things like the club captain, the star players, the failing players, without really seeing them close up over the course of a season.

After yesterday, I hope he's more ruthless than I am in the sentimentality or loyalty we need to show people. I used to give a lot of time and patience to Bernard, Gylfi, Gomes, Holgat,e Coleman, Keane, just cos I really wanted them to do well, and in yesterday's line up I thought however much I liked them in the past , we needed a drastic improvement on Coleman, Holgate, Gomes, Iwobi Gylfi and back up for Allan, DCL, Pickford, Richarlison. I have still got time for Davies, Nkounkou, even Holgate (as a squad player only), but really we're short of options and leaders on the pitch.

I still have faith in Carlo. I don't think he's got that energy to shout at the players to make them fight, but to be honest, that's what Dunc is there for, the club captain and the crowd. And moreover, they should have that inner professionalism and fight without having to be motivated.

Some of the performances are as bad as under Marco Silva, but 5 of the players need replacing.

I have been critical of Gomes, but sometimes he gets the ball and has nowhere to pass?
Last week against Spurs, James struggled, but he had no options!
Holgate's mistake yesterday was horrible, but again he had nobody to pass to

So im sure Ancelotti has got all of this under control, and as long as he's here for 2-3 years, we can see better times ahead

To be honest, I think he thinks a lot of the squad aren’t good enough and some are bottlers - he’s referenced attitude more than once this season, he needs to be ruthless.

Last edited:
Expecting Ancelotti to turn a no mark club from no marks, to a top, top team in 18months is unrealistic.

And don't give me West Ham, they will be back where they belong next season, same as Sheff Utd, Wolves, Burnley and all the other recent no marks who jumped up big for a season.

I often wonder if people even know what team they support, a club that hasn't won zip for nearly 30 years, "But the media ignore us", "Nobody respects our history", yeah, cos its 2021, not 1987.

Give the man time and if he still fails, give him more time, cos that's what we all have, lots and lots of time.
Can’t see it. Moyes has his mojo back, and is looking to build there. He built us up on a small budget, and I think he has found another club where he can do that again.

Thing is, West Ham have absolutely no infrastructure, so Moyes will be calling most of the shots. His staff is also top class. Irvine was better than Round, in my opinion.

To be frank, I doubt he would have done as well here, as he would have Brands breathing down his neck. I just think the DOF model is pants, and nothing I have seen so far convinces me otherwise. And that is despite us squandering fortunes we would have given various body parts for under during the Moyes years.

Can’t see it. Moyes has his mojo back, and is looking to build there. He built us up on a small budget, and I think he has found another club where he can do that again.

Thing is, West Ham have absolutely no infrastructure, so Moyes will be calling most of the shots. His staff is also top class. Irvine was better than Round, in my opinion.

To be frank, I doubt he would have done as well here, as he would have Brands breathing down his neck. I just think the DOF model is pants, and nothing I have seen so far convinces me otherwise. And that is despite us squandering fortunes we would have given various body parts for under during the Moyes years.
Yeah ok.

See you next season Davey lad.

I've just read a couple of pages of this thread. Some blues want Carlo Ancelotti out? {Shakes Head}

• This is his first full season
  • No fans at Goodison (12th man etc)
  • How many of the current squad has he signed? A squad that was sub-par in previous seasons I seem to recall.
Davey Moyes? {Shakes Head}

Give your heads a wobble will you.

Cos only clubs with DoFs win trophies.
Ferguson stands above all. The great British football dynasties are all built on the manager model. We have effectively reverted back to the pre-manager model.

If you have a good manager in charge you can outperform compared to your resources.

I've just read a couple of pages of this thread. Some blues want Carlo Ancelotti out? {Shakes Head}

• This is his first full season
  • No fans at Goodison (12th man etc)
  • How many of the current squad has he signed? A squad that was sub-par in previous seasons I seem to recall.
Davey Moyes? {Shakes Head}

Give your heads a wobble will you.
Nar, some of them are saying "I dont want him sacked, but" and then listing a load of reasons why he should be sacked.

They don't even have the balls to demand he's sacked, cos they know it could very well bite them firmly on the arse in the future.

Cowards mate.

Ferguson stands above all. The great British football dynasties are all built on the manager model. We have effectively reverted back to the pre-manager model.

If you have a good manager in charge you can outperform compared to your resources.
Different game back then mate.

These arent players anymore, they are athletes, it isn't football, its a billion-pound industry.

I get that people might not like the DoF model, but there are very few managers left in football who don't prefer to work with 1.

You want Carlo working on tactics, you want him thinking of ways to beat football clubs, not having to find somebody to buy Cenk Tosun or deal with a leaky pipe in FF bogs.

If Brands was to go, the club would replace him, Carlo Ancelotti has zero interest in dealing with non footballing issues, the man wants to pick his team and go home and put his feet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back