Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different game back then mate.

These arent players anymore, they are athletes, it isn't football, its a billion-pound industry.

I get that people might not like the DoF model, but there are very few managers left in football who don't prefer to work with 1.

You want Carlo working on tactics, you want him thinking of ways to beat football clubs, not having to find somebody to buy Cenk Tosun or deal with a leaky pipe in FF bogs.

If Brands was to go, the club would replace him, Carlo Ancelotti has zero interest in dealing with non footballing issues, the man wants to pick his team and go home and put his feet up.
Perhaps. But I am sure there are guys out there with the obsession levels of the greats.

I still think the likes of McLean, Clough and Busby would be just as successful today as they loved the game to an excessive degree. They were also leaders.

Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. The Chelsea, Man City and PSG “footballing dynasties” are the biggest jokes in modern football.
Uh huh. Doesn't fit your agenda does it?

Man utd have thrown buckets of cash around, including for your man Moyes, and it has failed.

No, high quality management takes many forms and varies by organisational context.

City are working well with their model. They're definitely building a long term project

Spurs aren't. We aren't.

Perhaps. But I am sure there are guys out there with the obsession levels of the greats.

I still think the likes of McLean, Clough and Busby would be just as successful today as they loved the game to an excessive degree. They were also leaders.
Those men were legends, you make a great point tho, would they have achieved all they did without having complete control of the clubs they managed?

But then would Dixie Dean have scored 60 goals if other teams played defenders?

Uh huh. Doesn't fit your agenda does it?

Man utd have thrown buckets of cash around, including for your man Moyes, and it has failed.

No, high quality management takes many forms and varies by organisational context.

City are working well with their model. They're definitely building a long term project

Spurs aren't. We aren't.
You miss the problem. Man Utd squandered a position of strength under Ferguson by not investing in the team to save money.

He left a hollowed out husk, and Man Itd have had to spend way more than they would have to maintain their level. But they are such a commercial force they have access to that sort of cash.

You miss the problem. Man Utd squandered a position of strength under Ferguson by not investing in the team to save money.

He left a hollowed out husk, and Man Itd have had to spend way more than they would have to maintain their level. But they are such a commercial force they have access to that sort of cash.
But City had to spend from a position of literally nowhere lol.

Mate, I appreciate you think Moyes is the best thing since sliced bread, and he is good at what he does at certain clubs, but you're just being silly now.

Anyway, back to Carlo I think, there are threads for Moyes and City...

Those men were legends, you make a great point tho, would they have achieved all they did without having complete control of the clubs they managed?

But then would Dixie Dean have scored 60 goals if other teams played defenders?
Jim McLean would give the DoF a knuckle-sandwich lollol

Nar, some of them are saying "I dont want him sacked, but" and then listing a load of reasons why he should be sacked.

They don't even have the balls to demand he's sacked, cos they know it could very well bite them firmly on the arse in the future.

Cowards mate.
These are the worst of all.
The "but" brigade .

So the only two positions available are:

1) worship the ground he walks on
2) demand he’s sacked

Great site lads.

I really do hope that that Ancelotti is here for a considerable time to come. If he were to leave in the next couple years, it isn't good for us on any level.

I fear then that we would have this "club that can never be fixed" tag and just continue in mediocrity.

That said, I am concerned. We can't adopt a see no evil hear no evil stance with Ancelotti as problems will come to the fore whether he/we want them to or not. It how he adapts and deals with them. That's where my concern is, does he have that flexibility and motivation?

Players aren't star struck anymore and the younger ones won't have the immediacy of remembering some of his big achievements. For the squad as a whole, it's not the grandfatherly approach they need I think. That's an invitation for more of the same.

Silva had neither the ability nor gravitas, Koeman didn't care, and Allardyce lives up to his Fireman Sam tag and nothing else.

None of us can argue with a manager of Ancelotti's calibre, and I don't think anyone didn't think it wasn't anything other than a fantastic appointment. I'm still very much in his camp although as was going to happen anyway, the gloss has worn off. He won't get infinite patience, not from fans, and not from Moshiri either. It will be dictated by results but we are not near a stage where you could credibly argue that he should go without looking foolish.

He'll be under serious pressure this time next year though if the top six doesn't seem within our reach. And its top six that would pacify the vast majority of us, with good football and also without, probably. We aren't actually demanding the universe within a short time frame. Why bother with the salary outlay if he is not going to better any of his predecessors none of whom could ever compare to him? That's the territory we'll be in within a short 12 months or earlier so the pressure will very much be on from the start of next season.

Yes lots of good points there, and its worth saying top 6 remains a possiblity for us this season. How the season has gone, youd expect us to get 4+ from West Ham and Villa away, win against Sheffield United at home (just) and then Wolves with fans you dont know, but previously when some fans were in performances were better. That gets us 10 points and will be very close to top 6.

I just really worry we just get into this cycle where we just keep firing managers and searching for something that doesnt exist in the time frames we want it.

Probably knows this seasons a right off. I imagine given what he has seen from about October onwards he’s probably surprised we are 8th.

Im confident that if he get some players in who he wants in the summer we will improve greatly. All depends on how much cash he has to spend. I can’t see there being much money going around with pretty much every club making massive losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back