2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s pretty obvious. There are people posting here who attack anyone who might have doubts about Carlo.

I was protecting the fella from criticism myself and I love what he did at Milan and Chelsea.

but it’s clear to me now that he just isn’t a manager for a midtable club like Everton or even Napoli who had far better players than us.

Put him at Chelsea now and he will win stuff. But we aren’t Chelsea - we don’t attract the best players and we don’t buy enough quality. We sign Premier league rejects and dross from the Dutch league.

Carlo knows he won’t do anything here the penny has dropped with him, you can tell by how miserable the job is making him

To be fair, Ancelotti has signed four players in this team and quite Clearly you can say this is not " his team" yet.
Hate to bring up injuries, but we have had a horrendous year for injuries, three of the his signings have had a collection of injuries and that has badly affected the team. We started off like a house on fire, until them injuries hit, but it showed one thing our back ups are simply not good enough, another four really good signings should see they are used a lot less.
We can not keep chopping and changing our managers, you end up with a team like ours full of 3 or 4 old managers worth of players, no continuity. We need in my opinion a bit of stability, to build a team with only one managers players or at most two.

Anyway, we can blame injuries, we can blame cowards, we can blame lack of fans, but overall the season has been quite poor, sure I enjoyed still being in the mix in April, that was a refreshing change, but for a season that offered so much, it will probably end with us yet again finishing 8th and missing out on a European place.

Nobody but ourselves to blame.

There have been many highs, wins away at grounds we never win at, monkeys off our back hopefully for next year and years to come, but some terrible damp home defeats have meant we will probably come up short.

Don Carlo, Brands, the players, they all share responsibility for the failure.

But hey, we ain't ever sacked a manager for finishing 8th, so we go again next season, get some shiny new players, get the fans back and lets see if Carlo can override 34 years of failure at this club in 2 years.

Good luck Don Carlo, I will never turn on you, I am STAUNCH.

Anyway, we can blame injuries, we can blame cowards, we can blame lack of fans, but overall the season has been quite poor, sure I enjoyed still being in the mix in April, that was a refreshing change, but for a season that offered so much, it will probably end with us yet again finishing 8th and missing out on a European place.

Nobody but ourselves to blame.

There have been many highs, wins away at grounds we never win at, monkeys off our back hopefully for next year and years to come, but some terrible damp home defeats have meant we will probably come up short.

Don Carlo, Brands, the players, they all share responsibility for the failure.

But hey, we ain't ever sacked a manager for finishing 8th, so we go again next season, get some shiny new players, get the fans back and lets see if Carlo can override 34 years of failure at this club in 2 years.

Good luck Don Carlo, I will never turn on you, I am STAUNCH.
Well put mate. Honestly think, with this manager and with more top quality additions like last summer... with the fans back in the ground will be a different beast. Not saying we will be 1st. However the fans could easily get us over the line and get us an extra 15-18 points.

Well put mate. Honestly think, with this manager and with more top quality additions like last summer... with the fans back in the ground will be a different beast. Not saying we will be 1st. However the fans could easily get us over the line and get us an extra 15-18 points.
I feel like 90% of games we have lost there is somebody to blame, an individual error, very rarely do teams score blammos like that Burnley game where they just scored 2 utter bangers, most of the time we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Now whether The Don can stop our players being dumb asf is another issue, but lets see.

I feel like 90% of games we have lost there is somebody to blame, an individual error...

I’m genuinely interested in finding out if you put this kind of spin on a string of awful results when we were losing under Fat Sam, Silva and Koeman?

Your posts strike me as some who’s blinded by Carlo’s feats from yesteryear. Sure he won the big prizes but only when he had world class players in nearly every position.

The players we bring in this summer will still make the same mistakes our current donkeys do.

I admire your optimism but I just don’t see how Carlo brings back trophies to Goodison unless he’s backed, oil club style. Because realistically we will spend £100m at the absolute most this summer. And that gets you one good player these days.

He doesn't need world class players to take us to the promise lands he needs better though, The thought of Gomes starting and just never passing/moving forward with the ball makes me wanna die inside.
Allan and Doucoure and +1 is enough to get us Europe.
DCL/Richy and another back up is enough to get us europe.
All four CB's aren't worldies but I would say they have enough to get us there too, Gomes and Gylfi are bench options at best, They are good at the odd game/rotation/covering for an injury but that's it, Recruitment needs to be spot on and please PLEASE use the loan market.

Possibly cos selling 26 players and buying 26 new players in 1 window is quite difficult.
Because that's the gist of my point. If everything I said you deducted I wanted 26 new players and 26 sold.

Not that he lambasts the "spirit" on the pitch then plays Gomes and/or Sigurdsson when it is clear they are a large part of the problem. Refuses to bench Richarlison who twice threw a strop with teammates when he couldn't take a set piece.

Honestly feel like you responded to a different comment because yours makes no sense

I’m genuinely interested in finding out if you put this kind of spin on a string of awful results when we were losing under Fat Sam, Silva and Koeman?

Your posts strike me as some who’s blinded by Carlo’s feats from yesteryear. Sure he won the big prizes but only when he had world class players in nearly every position.

The players we bring in this summer will still make the same mistakes our current donkeys do.

I admire your optimism but I just don’t see how Carlo brings back trophies to Goodison unless he’s backed, oil club style. Because realistically we will spend £100m at the absolute most this summer. And that gets you one good player these days.
All my posts are in the vaults, I have supported every Everton manager we have had, even Big Sam, I mean I wanted Big Sam sacked after his first season cos he's Big Sam and we were never going anywhere with him. I wasn't a fan of Martinez, Koeman or Silva prior to them taking the job, but I supported all of them long, long after everybody turned on them.

If an Everton manager does well, Everton does well, so I know no other way then to support whoever is Everton manager.

Of course when it becomes clear they are done, I will 100% support their sacking, but Carlo could take us to League One and I would still back him.

The man has won everything there is to win in the game, he's a legend, he gets the next 20 years for me, nobody we will appoint will ever have the pedigree that Carlo Ancelotti has and whoever comes after him will be a massive, massive downgrade.

So, in Carlo I trust, now, forever, always.

He doesn't need world class players to take us to the promise lands he needs better though, The thought of Gomes starting and just never passing/moving forward with the ball makes me wanna die inside.
Allan and Doucoure and +1 is enough to get us Europe.
DCL/Richy and another back up is enough to get us europe.
All four CB's aren't worldies but I would say they have enough to get us there too, Gomes and Gylfi are bench options at best, They are good at the odd game/rotation/covering for an injury but that's it, Recruitment needs to be spot on and please PLEASE use the loan market.
Our back up for DCL / Richy will be playing in a champions league semi final in a few hours.

Not replacing him was just diabolical.

All my posts are in the vaults, I have supported every Everton manager we have had, even Big Sam, I mean I wanted Big Sam sacked after his first season cos he's Big Sam and we were never going anywhere with him. I wasn't a fan of Martinez, Koeman or Silva prior to them taking the job, but I supported all of them long, long after everybody turned on them.

If an Everton manager does well, Everton does well, so I know no other way then to support whoever is Everton manager.

Of course when it becomes clear they are done, I will 100% support their sacking, but Carlo could take us to League One and I would still back him.

The man has won everything there is to win in the game, he's a legend, he gets the next 20 years for me, nobody we will appoint will ever have the pedigree that Carlo Ancelotti has and whoever comes after him will be a massive, massive downgrade.

So, in Carlo I trust, now, forever, always.
Yes he’s a legend of the game I agree with you hence my username.

I hope he proves me wrong or rather the club does and we sign 6 very good players this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back