2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be funny but may I ask why? In my opinion Moyes is underrate. Had a couple of bad experiences in Man U, seriously sick club at the time, and a terrible decision to go to Spain but other than that has done very well thank you
He stayed a season or 2 too long with us. His defence first tactics meant that we could never break the glass ceiling that he created and that was our opportunity. Granted, we were better then than now, but we wouldn't have improved and made top 4. Coming back rarely works as well so it was always better to move on. Besides, this season is a fluke and won't be repeated. WHU will be back in midtable next season.

Carlo Ancelotti is prepared to take a tougher line with his players to erase the type of slow start that cost Everton dear against Aston Villa on Saturday.
Manager Ancelotti confessed he’d expected his side to pick up where they left off in a professional display to win at Arsenal the previous week.
The Italian was deeply frustrated, then, to suffer another home setback, which saw Everton’s top-six chances recede.
There remains time to make up ground, nonetheless, and Ancelotti is confident of having James Rodriguez back for Sunday’s visit to West Ham United.
The influential James was withdrawn from the team to face Villa as a precaution after being bothered by a calf issue in the warm-up.
Ancelotti wasn’t willing to hide behind that blow, conceding Everton fell short of his expectations at Goodison Park.
“It is difficult to say why [performance was below par], it was the same team that played with strong attitude at Arsenal,” Ancelotti told evertontv.
“The momentum was good, the training was good.

“It seemed the players were focused but not tonight [Saturday], they were not focused and, maybe, I need to push more on that aspect to have the players more ready when the game starts.
“James didn’t have a big problem but we didn’t want to take a risk.
“He could maybe do better [improve overall performance] and we had individual mistakes but it was a team mistake in this game.”
James “is going to play the next game”, confirmed Ancelotti, who had complimentary words for Jordan Pickford, following a fabulous performance from the goalkeeper, and scorer Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who reached 20 goals for the campaign.
“Jordan did his job – maybe some performances were good,” said Ancelotti.
“What was not good was the teamwork and the team performance.
“Dominic scored a goal but was not happy because we lost.
“This is the attitude we have to show, it doesn’t matter if you score a goal.
“The performance was not good and we lost an opportunity to stay in the fight [for European qualification], with more possibility.
“Now we have less possibility but, fortunately, we are still in the fight.”
That fight continues in east London at the weekend, when Everton can close the gap on fifth-placed West Ham to three points.
Tottenham Hotspur in sixth, the final Europa League qualifying spot, hold a four-point advantage over Everton but have played a game more.

Ancelotti was irked by his team missing the chance to get right on those teams’ shoulders, then, particularly as this was another opportunity passed up at Goodison.
They have two home games remaining – against Sheffield United and Wolverhampton Wanderers – and the objective is to win both, while sustaining the tremendous away form that has seen Everton win 10 games and counting on the road.
“This team was up and down,” added Ancelotti.
“We had good performances and fantastic results away.
“At home, maybe we are more comfortable and miss a little bit of concentration and a little bit of focus.
“I am frustrated because the game [against Villa] was not good, we didn’t start well, we didn’t show the attitude and spirit this kind of game needed.
“It was a vital game, an important game for us to keep fighting for Europe and we lost this opportunity.
“Fortunately for us, it is not the last opportunity, we have five more opportunities.
“But we have to show a different attitude at the beginning.
“At the beginning we conceded a lot of opportunities because we didn’t have balance, we missed easy passes and lost a lot of duels.
“Honestly, I am frustrated.”

They’re good lads. Or are you jealous they get paid for talking about a passion of theirs?

They were not criticising Carlo. What they said is what most intelligent fans are saying. Get Carlo top drawer players and he will deliver.

But we won’t. We never do. We need 5-6 players and to sell 5 or 6. That isn’t happening. Carlo isn’t a long term project manager. He’s a short term head coach to bring quick success.

We can bury our heads in the sand and attack anyone who doesn’t pretend that Carlo is the best manager ever but this simply isn’t true - some people here are acting like Kopites. They worship their managers for no reason before they’ve even kicked a ball.

I support Everton and have done since 1977. I don’t support Carlo, this isn’t Carlo FC. We need a project manager and to think long term.

When we’re serving up the same Big Sam football under Carlo at Goodison next season, with Siggy just standing around doing nothing and Carlo looking out of ideas in front of the dugout, the fans will make their feelings known.
I can see at least 4 first team starters arriving in the summer
RB CB 2 x MF plus a couple of bench players
Add last summers 4 to that and you have a team of Carlo players
He will have seen the bottlers and knows who he can trust
The players had every opportunity to get top 4/6 and have bottled it every time
A new broom will sweep through the squad this summer
The ESL has not gone away , it will be back in a different format and maybe run by EUFA in place of CL
Moshiri will want to take Arsenal or Spurs place in it and he and Usmanov will back Carlo

Perhaps Ancelotti should get more involved! From what I can tell the only conditioning he must be doing is to give the players' hair a silky glow.

Hard to cure that this late on.

I would imagine that, should they get the new signings right, there will be a different standard for training intensity next season.

Having Rodriguez as the team's Lawrence Taylor is never going to help with that, but as with LT it's hard to argue with the ability of James on a football pitch when healthy.

To be fair, Ancelotti has signed four players in this team and quite Clearly you can say this is not " his team" yet.
Hate to bring up injuries, but we have had a horrendous year for injuries, three of the his signings have had a collection of injuries and that has badly affected the team. We started off like a house on fire, until them injuries hit, but it showed one thing our back ups are simply not good enough, another four really good signings should see they are used a lot less.
We can not keep chopping and changing our managers, you end up with a team like ours full of 3 or 4 old managers worth of players, no continuity. We need in my opinion a bit of stability, to build a team with only one managers players or at most two.
Agreed
We have players signed by Moyes , Martinez , Fat Sam , Silva and Carlo in the squad
At least 12 need shifting and that will take time because no one will pay them the wages we do and they will not take wage cuts to move
We need to give Carlo time to sign his own players and we need a bit of luck with injuries

He doesn't need world class players to take us to the promise lands he needs better though, The thought of Gomes starting and just never passing/moving forward with the ball makes me wanna die inside.
Allan and Doucoure and +1 is enough to get us Europe.
DCL/Richy and another back up is enough to get us europe.
All four CB's aren't worldies but I would say they have enough to get us there too, Gomes and Gylfi are bench options at best, They are good at the odd game/rotation/covering for an injury but that's it, Recruitment needs to be spot on and please PLEASE use the loan market.
The CB options are not good enough
We need at least 4 first team starters this summer
RB CB for a start
The rest will depend on how JOG does in pre season and what formation Carlo decides to use to get the best out of James
To me 4-2-3-1 gets the best out of the squad but we would need a RW and another player who can play up front and a winger who can play either side
We need pace power and physicality in all our new signings

Our back up for DCL / Richy will be on the pitch for a bit in a champions league semi final in a few hours.

Not replacing him was just diabolical.
Changed that because using the word playing was a bit of a stretch
I had great hopes for Kean and was thrilled when we signed him
For multiple reasons , some of them the clubs making and some of them of Keans making the move has not worked out
Sell for a profit and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back