2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the rumours or links to Everton it certainly looks like we are looking for the best players we can. Obviously none of us know which ones are true and which arent. We can only speculate. What players linked would you be happy seeing come in?

For me this would represent a massive and potentially club turning window.....

Demiral - Potential swap deal with Kean
Rabiot - Again include with swap deal with Kean
Coutinho - 30m plus add ons
Koulibaly - Include Mina in swap deal
Bale - Free but big wages

Cash wise you imagine this will cost less than £50/60m whilst adding some world class talent, then we just need a RB...... Add these to what we have now.

Pickford

Godfrey Koulibaly Demiral Digne

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Coutinho DCL Richarlison
OR

Pickford

Allan Rabiot/Doucoure

Bale James Coutinho

Richarlison/DCL
Lots of options there.....

It's quite something when the official site goes ahead and puts that out.
Normally like all others, it is just a bastion of cliché.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the attitude of some of our players, it has persisted for years and under different managers. It goes beyond disinterest and laziness in my opinion, there is some culture at the club that seems to allow it to thrive.

A "get tough" approach is fine, but for some players, in addition to Ancelotti, I'd seek to sit them down with Denise and Brands present as well, and just try to get to the heart of whats going on. The immediate issue with that is that it may be even Brands and others who are contributing indirectly, to a culture where there seems to be little accountability for consistent poor attitude and performance. But short of that I don't see what else can be done.

In fairness to Moshiri he has turfed out 4 managers and a director of football. He’s also removed a CEO and half the board of directors.

I think there was always an underlying assumption that the squad was decent enough, a few signings and the right manager away from competing because Moyes had had us up and about there for years on a shoestring.

What has become apparent though is that he quality of the squad has declined massively from 14/15 onwards year on year and Koeman’s splurge of selling Stones Barkley Lukaku and then wasting all that money on dross has destroyed us.

Instead of a sticking plaster we’re now requiring a full rebuild which I believe has started but is taking time. We were better in 18/19 than 17/18, we took a step backwards in 19/20 (although largely caused by injuries to Gbamin Gomes Delph after selling Gueye left us short), but I believe we’ve been better this season than 18/19 and the quality of the squad is better. That’s upwards progression. The problem is it’s still not a good enough squad.

I think Moshiri has now removed every other piece and we’re just left with the inescapable truth that players such as Coleman Keane Davies Siggurdson Bernard Gomes plus every player we have on loan (except Kean) are just nowhere near good enough for where we want to be. Moshiri has his preferred team of Brands and Ancelotti. Brands has just had a new contract and Carlo has taken us from the bottom half to challenging for Europe in one full season with a higher win % than any PL manager in our history. They’re not going anywhere.

Reckoning time has come for a lot of these players and I don’t think sentiment will defend some of them now. They’ve had their days in the sun conning manager after manager as they saw them all fired but now they’ve met an immovable object. They’ve made far too many mistakes this season which have killed Ancelotti’s season right at the crucial juncture and I think it’s the death knell for a few. I’d be amazed if Davies is getting serious game time for us next season. I’d be amazed if Coleman is first choice. I’ll be amazed if Keane is first choice. I’ll be amazed if Bernard is still here. I’d be amazed if Siggurdson is first choice. They’re not enough and Carlo knows it. An injury crisis has saved them this season but hoping we stay healthy next season they’re not going to be getting onto the pitch often.

From the rumours or links to Everton it certainly looks like we are looking for the best players we can. Obviously none of us know which ones are true and which arent. We can only speculate. What players linked would you be happy seeing come in?

Cash wise you imagine this will cost less than £50/60m whilst adding some world class talent, then we just need a RB...... Add these to what we have now.

Pickford

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Coutinho DCL Richarlison
OR

Pickford

Allan Rabiot/Doucoure

Bale James Coutinho

Richarlison/DCL

Why we playing Godfrey at right back? He's horrific there.

Pickford

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Coutinho DCL Richarlison
OR

Pickford

Allan Rabiot/Doucoure

Bale James Coutinho

Richarlison/DCL
Put this in the fantasy transfer thread, my eyes hurt

Pickford

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Coutinho DCL Richarlison
OR

Pickford

Allan Rabiot/Doucoure

Bale James Coutinho

Richarlison/DCL
I could'nt think of a worse list of transfer targets tbh, 3 of those are injury prone players and 1 has disrupted/caused problems in every dressing room he has been in.

Some very interesting insight there.

Reading in between the lines, the change from 4-3-3 happened due in part to experimentation off the back of some volume data recorded from our defenders, in particular. Reducing their 'metabolic power' output seems to have partly been the reason for a number of our good defensive performances this season as it's shared the load more between them and allowed them to perform more aggressive defensive actions in bursts. This is also probably why Godfrey in particular has looked so good at times.

Last edited:
You don't agree that the players have half arsed games and not turned up in a good portion of them. Ok mate. Agree to disagree here.
I don't think a player ever goes out to have a bad game.

I do believe that some of our players simply do not have it in them to be serial winners week after week.
I think the manager inherited a number of these and is playing them through lack of choice.
I certainly de believe he is getting some things wrong like consistently playing Gomes ahead of Davies.

I have seen us linked with Koulibaly and if signed I think it would be as much to raise the demnds on those around him as what the player himself can deliver.

I think we are probably short of leaders in the team, I can only imagine what prime Roy Keane would have done if playing with some of our current players...... the answer is he would have insisted they be moved on.... and that is what our manager will do.... but you can only really make worthwhile changes in a summer transfer window.

I'd be skeptical that we will sign as many players as some people think.

The ideal scenario would be maybe 3 in and to use our loan quota to the fullest extent to beef up numbers within the budget.

When you see the tripe on show last Saturday, its no longer tenable to say that signing more than a couple of players would be too disruptive.

Nothing would be more disruptive than some of the current crop in the XI.

We need bodies in urgently.

Pickford

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Coutinho DCL Richarlison
OR

Pickford

Allan Rabiot/Doucoure

Bale James Coutinho

Richarlison/DCL

Godfrey is not a right back and those swap deals are pure, pure fantasy.

Pickford

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Coutinho DCL Richarlison
OR

Pickford

Allan Rabiot/Doucoure

Bale James Coutinho

Richarlison/DCL

Yes I would like Bale very much but as you wages would be quite big, also if not in Europe he won't sign up. Plus fitness to think about. But those potential line ups you are showing look good.

Add Aarons for an RB.

Just wishful thinki8ng though all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back