2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the rumours or links to Everton it certainly looks like we are looking for the best players we can. Obviously none of us know which ones are true and which arent. We can only speculate. What players linked would you be happy seeing come in?

For me this would represent a massive and potentially club turning window.....

Demiral - Potential swap deal with Kean
Rabiot - Again include with swap deal with Kean
Coutinho - 30m plus add ons
Koulibaly - Include Mina in swap deal
Bale - Free but big wages

Cash wise you imagine this will cost less than £50/60m whilst adding some world class talent, then we just need a RB...... Add these to what we have now.

Pickford

Godfrey Koulibaly Demiral Digne

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Coutinho DCL Richarlison
OR

Pickford

Godfrey Koulibaly Demiral Digne

Allan Rabiot/Doucoure

Bale James Coutinho

Richarlison/DCL
Lots of options there.....
Dream formation danger alert!

I don't think a player ever goes out to have a bad game.

I do believe that some of our players simply do not have it in them to be serial winners week after week.
I think the manager inherited a number of these and is playing them through lack of choice.
I certainly de believe he is getting some things wrong like consistently playing Gomes ahead of Davies.

I have seen us linked with Koulibaly and if signed I think it would be as much to raise the demnds on those around him as what the player himself can deliver.

I think we are probably short of leaders in the team, I can only imagine what prime Roy Keane would have done if playing with some of our current players...... the answer is he would have insisted they be moved on.... and that is what our manager will do.... but you can only really make worthwhile changes in a summer transfer window.
This is something that utterly baffles me. No-one becomes a professional footballer by accident. These players have endured hours of frustration, injury and rejection. They have had to display courage, dedication and focus and think of nothing but their career to get where they are. So at what point do they think ''Bollocks to this, I'll just stroll around and collect my paycheck''? I struggle to see it.
These people by definition are winners, they want to win. Winning is ingrained in them at an early age. What goes wrong? They don't become bad players overnight. We've had some great performances at the beginning of the season, totally opposite to the shitshow on Saturday and many other losses.

Carlo is renowned for being a caring, arm-round-the-shoulder manager. Perhaps he needs someone to light a fire under this bunch, hurl a few teacups and share a few home truths as we limp over the finish line of a once-promising season.

I am still supporting Carlo, I do think the problem has been the squad he inherited and imjuries to key players.
it is nice to see ur crotch has dried out buddy it only took 4 days which is about right for hormonal child. let us be adults and speak again in one year about mr ancelotti if still no solutions then buddies calling for head will look a little less silly.

I agree that it is rubbish to say that some players are half-arsed. The regular underperformers are out of their depth and need to be moved onwards.

As people I would say they're not the same...(not having met either obvs)
Their playing record is not the same.
Allardyce peaked at Bolton...Ancelotti peaked all over the place

So I'll expand my original comment to make it clearer then...
Its a results driven business
It's about what you see is what you get...and at the moment, I am seeing and we are getting

8th playing crap Ancelotti football Vs 8th playing crap Allardyce football.

Some might say that the squad got to 8th despite Allardyce.
Some might also say the Ancelotti got to 8th despite the squad.
But...
Shight is as shight does - and, atm, we're shight.
QED

I take your point and I’m not someone who just defends Ancelotti on his past glories.

However, if you ask me who I would rather have at the helm to try to turn around the situation, I’d choose Ancelotti over Allardyce every single time.

Allardyce lacked vision and ambition, and his transfer targets, management style, press conferences and tactics just screamed “out of my depth”.

Ancelotti has not got the best out of us yet, but there have at least been some glimmers and his track record tells me he’s worth giving some time to.

In the post-Moyes era, every manager we have had has failed, so there are clearly issues which run deeper and mistakes which have been made off to field. Ancelotti is not untouchable, but this is a challenging role given the dross he has inherited.

This is something that utterly baffles me. No-one becomes a professional footballer by accident. These players have endured hours of frustration, injury and rejection. They have had to display courage, dedication and focus and think of nothing but their career to get where they are. So at what point do they think ''Bollocks to this, I'll just stroll around and collect my paycheck''? I struggle to see it.
These people by definition are winners, they want to win. Winning is ingrained in them at an early age. What goes wrong? They don't become bad players overnight. We've had some great performances at the beginning of the season, totally opposite to the shitshow on Saturday and many other losses.

Carlo is renowned for being a caring, arm-round-the-shoulder manager. Perhaps he needs someone to light a fire under this bunch, hurl a few teacups and share a few home truths as we limp over the finish line of a once-promising season.
Professional footballers have all been the best of the best from a very young age.
But, even they are all tiered in terms of ability , determination etc.

Mental strength is probably more important than physical ability and we have seen that not every player has the strength to thrive under pressure.

I take your point and I’m not someone who just defends Ancelotti on his past glories.

However, if you ask me who I would rather have at the helm to try to turn around the situation, I’d choose Ancelotti over Allardyce every single time.

Allardyce lacked vision and ambition, and his transfer targets, management style, press conferences and tactics just screamed “out of my depth”.

Ancelotti has not got the best out of us yet, but there have at least been some glimmers and his track record tells me he’s worth giving some time to.

In the post-Moyes era, every manager we have had has failed, so there are clearly issues which run deeper and mistakes which have been made off to field. Ancelotti is not untouchable, but this is a challenging role given the dross he has inherited.

There was also a change of ownership in the post Moyes era.

Ancelotti situation is complicated. Due to his standing in the game results are expected immediately but ultimately he has all the same problems as his predecessors. He initially raised the standard and hence has made a greater rod for his back now its gone pear shaped. Hopefully in the summer we can address some of the known problems and next season the level of expectation is matched by the level of improvement. If we get any kind of Europe that has got to be considered success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.