2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was sacked cos Mosh only wanted him for 6 months anyrate. The calculation was a simple one, (when he panicked), another few million to a sacked manager, or losing £100m from relegation.
I think he might have honestly let him stay had Kenwright and DBB not had a quiet word.

I wouldn't get rid of Ancelotti in a million years but if im honest im not sure much would change either way if we did. The fact we've had all these managers but always slip into mediocrity tells me they don't make much difference to our fortunes. Some things are set in stone, Everton being Everton is one of them.
The most Everton thing is the fact we didn’t want Moyes back, and he currently has west ham in contention for champs league.

I loved Moyes time here.

But I still wouldn't have taken him back then or now.
Not trying to be funny but may I ask why? In my opinion Moyes is underrate. Had a couple of bad experiences in Man U, seriously sick club at the time, and a terrible decision to go to Spain but other than that has done very well thank you

Not trying to be funny but may I ask why? In my opinion Moyes is underrate. Had a couple of bad experiences in Man U, seriously sick club at the time, and a terrible decision to go to Spain but other than that has done very well thank you
He really hasnt done very well mate.

He took Sunderland down, I'm not saying they are PSG, but its a major black mark.

What he did with us was great and what he's doing with West Ham is quite impressive, but he's had a fairly long career and he's won zip, the highlight of his whole career was taking us to 4th. Theres a chance he does it with West Ham its equally as impressive. But he's in his 23rd year as a Manager, its simply not good enough.

He really hasnt done very well mate.

He took Sunderland down, I'm not saying they are PSG, but its a major black mark.

What he did with us was great and what he's doing with West Ham is quite impressive, but he's had a fairly long career and he's won zip, the highlight of his whole career was taking us to 4th. Theres a chance he does it with West Ham its equally as impressive. But he's in his 23rd year as a Manager, its simply not good enough.
Sociedad was rough

He wasnt given a chance sadly by the players, same with United, if the players don't buy into your methods, its goodbye Davey.
This is true. It would be interesting to see how his tactics went with top level players bought in. My guess is still kind of meh but I'd be intrigued.

This is true. It would be interesting to see how his tactics went with top level players bought in. My guess is still kind of meh but I'd be intrigued.
I think it worked at Everton and it works at West Ham cos the players are hungry, they see both clubs as stepping stones and know if they play well, they can leave.

I think it worked at Everton and it works at West Ham cos the players are hungry, they see both clubs as stepping stones and know if they play well, they can leave.
There is a degree of it just being solid tactical planning, the problem is how far can you really go when you aren't seeking to dominate games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back