2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is we can try to buy quality and we might find some, we did get James and Allan is decent enough too, but if you have to fill it out with guys like Doucoure or Godfrey, who might be great yet but isn't now, you aren't getting where he needs to go. So the question for me is what is he going to do to fill the quality gaps so to speak?
Look at West ham do they have better players? I don't think so what they have is a better mix of attributes and balance than us...They have pace and mobility and they are solid. Leicester have much more mobility and cutting edge. Our team is a bad mix you need a mixture of attributes we currently have too many ponderous players or luxury players or inconsistent or aging players. We need a few leaders, balance on that right with pace and mobility centrally and out wide. And we need hunger and ambition throughout. If we buy more ageing players taking a step down we will go backwards again.

Look at West ham do they have better players? I don't think so what they have is a better mix of attributes and balance than us...They have pace and mobility and they are solid. Leicester have much more mobility and cutting edge. Our team is a bad mix you need a mixture of attributes we currently have too many ponderous players or luxury players or inconsistent or aging players. We need a few leaders, balance on that right with pace and mobility centrally and out wide. And we need hunger and ambition throughout. If we buy more ageing players taking a step down we will go backwards again.
I agree with that I really do but what I don't know is if Carlo is fixing these problems. His first summer for me would be a no.

I sometimes wonder what ancelotti really thinks about this squad. Because me personaly i havent disliked a squad more in all my years following Everton. So many frauds in it. Gutless frauds.

I assumed it was just because I was getting older and naturally didn’t hero worship players like I used to, but no, I just outright dislike most of this squad.

I sometimes wonder what ancelotti really thinks about this squad. Because me personaly i havent disliked a squad more in all my years following Everton. So many frauds in it. Gutless frauds.

Totally agree if half of this squad all left on a free Tomorow I wouldn’t shed one tear,gang of absolute frauds

I assumed it was just because I was getting older and naturally didn’t hero worship players like I used to, but no, I just outright dislike most of this squad.
It's weird, they all seem like nice enough people and many say nice things about the club or do EITC stuff. But...

Bar a few, I can't root for them or think they'll do something awesome. Drenthe was an absolute tool of the highest order but he did stuff to get you off yer seat.

Kilbane was bang average, but he ran his socks off.

Cahill maximised his talents and snided his way into our hearts.

Straq, ffs. Godawful but cult hero (to some).

This crew? Naaah.

I think Carlo's biggest mistake this season is expecting his very well paid professional footballers most of whom he never signed to be able to do basic things like pass the ball to a team mate, throw a ball to a team mate, show a bit of effort and passion and have a positive attitude. Take away those things and you get the Everton as it has been for the last few years and the one that all Evertonians have become all to accustomed to.

I am not making excuses for him as some of his decisions have been a bit baffling and he has to take responsibility and sort it out regardless but he is on a hiding to nothing at times with some of these tossers that don the blue shirt and then hide so nobody can steal it.

All i want from Carlo for the rest of this season is for him to use his considerable ability and experience and somehow come up with a way of winning us a few of these last 5 games so we at least have something to show for having to watch a bunch of pretend footballers doing nothing but frustrate us every week.

Then he will have the whole of summer to try and shape the squad more to a Carlo Ancelotti football team full of winners and not losers..

I've just read a couple of pages of this thread. Some blues want Carlo Ancelotti out? {Shakes Head}

• This is his first full season
  • No fans at Goodison (12th man etc)
  • How many of the current squad has he signed? A squad that was sub-par in previous seasons I seem to recall.
Davey Moyes? {Shakes Head}

Give your heads a wobble will you.

Dont give me all that sensible arguments and thought out points nonsense.

Moyes took this club from being a slightly below midtable club to a slightly above midtable team. He used the situation to increase his own profile as he should being the second coming. Never ever forgrt he was self aware enough to set a glass ceiling and never win away at a top 6 club.

We want to bring chocolate spoons to gun fights. This makes us feel comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back