2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like that Carlo Ancelotti has a Prince Rupert Tower embroidered on his lapel :) Oh, and Ancelotti out :rant:

Ancelloti Jacket.webp

No but if that goes in, which it really should have with Bowen's rebound, we probably aren't taking 3 points. That's where I'd want us to improve.

I thought Bowen was offside anyway, he seemed ahead of Mina when the shot was hit. I'd have been surprised if that was given. I was less surprise they didn't mention it in commentary.

Gylfi has been excellent tactically for most of the season. His play off the ball ,which is an important part of his role, has been very good. James thrives when Siggy is playing, and so do others. This is why Carlo keeps picking him. We have scored more goals from corners than any other team. Guess who takes a large number of our corners.
And guess whose corners we score from most often? Their names don't start with a G

Was Bowen offside? It might look like he was when he took the shot but when the first shot was hit I thought he was behind our defence and ran onto it after hurdling Pickford then miscued the shot across goal hence why it was not given as a shot on target

Was Bowen offside? It might look like he was when he took the shot but when the first shot was hit I thought he was behind our defence and ran onto it after hurdling Pickford then miscued the shot across goal hence why it was not given as a shot on target

No idea mate. But either way we were lucky that the one shot we gave them that was almost on target didn't go in.

Oh yeah sorry, I forgot that you were the first person to hypothesise that luck plays a part in sport. Apologies mate. Just so I have this straight;

• They hit the post: we were lucky
  • We hit the post: we were lucky it didn't go wide.
  • We reduce them to that single chance over 90 minutes: they were unlucky
  • City win: lucky
  • Leicester win a league over the entire season: lucky
  • RS lose or draw: unlucky
  • Thiago 0 goals 0 assists: a good player being asked to play deep
  • Sigurdsson 6 goals and 4 assists: Fraud

I think I'm getting the hang of this
I'm not just talking about yesterday but fine, we're an excellent football team. Might be a rude awakening for some here. Or we might just play better next term. I hope it is that one but as I said I don't think we're building the foundation.

Gylfi's terrible. I don't know why we're comparing him to Thiago because they aren't in similar roles but it isn't like that's the only player I'd rather have. I'd need a good long think if you offered me Robert Snodgrass. He's not very good and don't give me "he does his job" because his job isn't just to hold his position and cover the fullback, which I'll add again for those who missed it he failed to do when Coufal hit the post.

City are the best team in Europe. They've also had luck on their side in the current CL. It can be both.

You can go find posts of mine where I said the RS last season were never as good as the results if you'd like. I know you won't, I also won't because I don't feel like it, but this idea that I'm a Kopite because I said Karius throwing the ball in his net handed Real Madrid the final is crazy. It blatantly handed Madrid the final! He threw two goals into his net!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back