Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal opinion but you shouldn’t use the term ‘we’ for multiple teams. I’m sure people would find it strange if I used the term ‘we’ for a random German team too. Maybe being American makes it harder for you to grasp supporting one team.

Well that's all a bit too word police for me, Im not big on football fans being gatekeepers... especially not for a club like Everton who need to expand its fanbase to grow, no one is coming to support Everton for the glory are they. I mean how far do you take these rules ? If someone has lived in England their entire life but has never bothered to go to Goodison park then are they really that much of a supporter ? Its all a bit silly imo but whatever, this is getting badly off topic now.

No idea why you think im American. Im English, from London and half my family live in Liverpool. I did live in the US briefly as a child though.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I had any expectations to be honest!

I just think the way the season has panned out has been disappointing and both the players and manager have been average

All of a sudden we have a truly terrible squad whilst a few years ago we had good squads with terrible managers in Koeman, Allardyce and Silva?

I don't really get the narrative - and the revisionism

Bizarre!

You do know Koeman and Silva got sacked for looking like we were gonna get relegated? People weren't happy because they thought the players were better than that?

They were right. they were better than that. Just like we are now.

Are you a bit dim?

Bizarre!

You do know Koeman and Silva got sacked for looking like we were gonna get relegated? People weren't happy because they thought the players were better than that?

They were right. they were better than that. Just like we are now.

Are you a bit dim?
And yet we finished 7th, 8th and 8th - Which is exactly what we're going to do this year

Why do you feel the need to resort to name calling because somebody doesn't agree with your viewpoint?

Just playing devils advocate for a minute. If gone.
Are we going to get a manager of ancelottis calibre? Absolutely not.
Are we going to get a sought after manager in their prime? No.
Are we going to go for a graham potter type? He would get absolutely slaughtered on the first run of a few losses. "Jobs to big for him"

So for all the criticism. Lets have some candidates please.

And yet we finished 7th, 8th and 8th - Which is exactly what we're going to do this year

Why do you feel the need to resort to name calling because somebody doesn't agree with your viewpoint?

Point proven. Silva and Koeman didn't get sacked for finishing 7th and 8th though did they? People blamed them for turning us into relegation battlers. So yes, people said the players were better than that.

Allardyce was sacked for two reasons. Moshiri only wanted him as an interim anyway, but took the hit knowing he'd keep us up. He panicked a bit, basically.

Allardyce also didn't help himself with his behaviour either. I'm convinced more people would have been prepared to give him another year and a 'thanks but bye' at the end of his contract if he'd not been such a monumental bellend.

I'm not resorting to name calling, I'm just struggling to see how anybody with a degree of intelligence could make such a bizarre statement

Just playing devils advocate for a minute. If gone.
Are we going to get a manager of ancelottis calibre? Absolutely not.
Are we going to get a sought after manager in their prime? No.
Are we going to go for a graham potter type? He would get absolutely slaughtered on the first run of a few losses. "Jobs to big for him"

So for all the criticism. Lets have some candidates please.
There's an ocean between a bit of criticism and wanting him out - The two things are not directly related at all!

Absolutely no chance that he hasn't made it painfully clear that he needs better players through the door in the summer if we're to do anything of note as a club..
I think his statement about us spending and the conversations he had with Brands,Moshiri and Blue Bill means he knows we need a lot of quality in the door and has told Moshiri and Usmanov what he wants
In an ideal window we get RB , CB 2x CM ,RW and a striker
Gives us options to play different ways
A lot will depend on who we can shift and for how much
It could go as high as 100 m plus sales
Reports today suggest Chelsea have 150 m to spend in the summer and they have the second strongest squad in the league
City will spend over 100 m as well
We need to spend big just to stay where we are

Largely the same squad that’s given up on several managers now, time to back the manager instead of making him the scapegoat like previous and letting these cowards get away with it again
The difference being the players haven't given up on Ancelotti, they just don't have enough collective quality to do what he wants. It's not like we're getting battered like we did under previous failed regimes. Next season will see a big improvement in playing style and quality, Carlo has this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back