Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad is poor, we have no players anyone wants. Silva was taking us down, Kirman was taking us down, Martinez was taking us down. The players are collectively poor. Top ten is an incredible achievement with Iwobi, Davies, Bernard, Andre Gomes, Siggurdsson, Pickford, King.

We finished 8th with a mixture of Koeman, Unsworth and Gravy in charge and an even worse squad that included Davey Klaassen and Sandro Ramirez so its not that incredible at all really is it considering that this season we have recorded one of our worst home records in history and could actually drop down the table even further if we don't win any more games.

I am all for Carlo mate and he needs time to rebuild and the future looks promising with him at the helm but we really do need to be realistic and the reality is that we should have done better this season even with this squad and that is glaringly obvious when you look at our very good away form compared to our embarrassing home form.

We finished 8th with a mixture of Koeman, Unsworth and Gravy in charge and an even worse squad that included Davey Klaassen and Sandro Ramirez so its not that incredible at all really is it considering that this season we have recorded one of our worst home records in history and could actually drop down the table even further if we don't win any more games.

I am all for Carlo mate and he needs time to rebuild and the future looks promising with him at the helm but we really do need to be realistic and the reality is that we should have done better this season even with this squad and that is glaringly obvious when you look at our very good away form compared to our embarrassing home form.
Out of curiosity, how many teams above us did you expect us to finish above at the start of the season?

for me, there’s only west ham. But then I expected us to be below arsenal so we are probably exactly where I expected us to be in terms of league position.

This finished 8th doesnt tell the whole picture though does it. We were 8th and 21 points off the team in 5th. 25 points off the team in 4th.
We're currently 8th and 4 points off the team in 5th.
We also finished 8th on 49 points. Which currently puts us in the bottom half of the league.

This finished 8th doesnt tell the whole picture though does it. We were 8th and 21 points off the team in 5th. 25 points off the team in 4th.
We're currently 8th and 4 points off the team in 5th.
We also finished 8th on 49 points. Which currently puts us in the bottom half of the league.

Some people can’t see the difference between an Allardyce sticking plaster job scraping us into an anomaly 8th place position after battling in the bottom half all season, and a season spent battling with the top 6 based on a core of players we might actually be able to build on next season. They all know there’s no comparison between the two.

Out of curiosity, how many teams above us did you expect us to finish above at the start of the season?

for me, there’s only west ham. But then I expected us to be below arsenal so we are probably exactly where I expected us to be in terms of league position.

I never really had any expectations on how high we would finish in Carlo's first full season tbh, he was always going to need time to rebuild and there is no denying that he has done great with our away form and ending some decades long embarrassments against certain teams. I can say with 100% certainty though that i definitely did not expect to have a home form of just 5 wins out of 17 which is god-dam awful regardless of pandemics and empty stadiums. Even just a couple of more wins at home and it would still have been poor but we would be pretty much guaranteed Europe.

We have missed a fantastic opportunity this season or at the very least made it a lot harder than it should have been.

Think your over estimating our team, we have a lot of average players.

They’re not even average. We have a team with some some very good players in it: James, DCL, Digne, Allan Godfrey. Nearly any prem team would have them.

Then in that same team you also have players like Keane Coleman Siggurdson Davies Gomes who no premier league team would take. They’re not even squad players, they’re making the first team. That’s the problem.

We need to get to a level where our ‘squad’ players are of the calibre of Docuoure Godfrey Richalrison, perhaps not amazing but can certainly cut it in the prem, and then we have our best players on top of that. At the moment we have players in the first team who can’t cross a ball and can’t run.

They’re not even average. We have a team with some some very good players in it: James, DCL, Digne, Allan Godfrey. Nearly any prem team would have them.

Then in that same team you also have players like Keane Coleman Siggurdson Davies Gomes who no premier league team would take. They’re not even squad players, they’re making the first team. That’s the problem.

We need to get to a level where our ‘squad’ players are of the calibre of Docuoure Godfrey Richalrison, perhaps not amazing but can certainly cut it in the prem, and then we have our best players on top of that. At the moment we have players in the first team who can’t cross a ball and can’t run.
I think that is a little unfair to Godfrey ,he would walk into just about all the Prem .To prove the point just watch who is interested this summer.

The problem with this is if the squad and the management thought the same at the start of the season.

Keane has been miles better than Richi this season. Absolutely crackers to suggest him (and the others) aren’t Prem level players.

Hoped for better, of course, but expected us to be around 6th to 8th. Pickford, Keane and Davis have looked better as has DCL. But, the squad is still poor and not up to playing well consistently. I'm hoping for 4 or 5 players to improve the overall quality and help the club move forwards but have no idea what the real cash situation is.

Not too disappointed, hoping for much better next term.

Keane has been miles better than Richi this season. Absolutely crackers to suggest him (and the others) aren’t Prem level players.

What premier league midfield does Davies, Siggurdson or Gomes start for?

Which premier league team would swap their right back for Seamus Coleman?

Michael Keane is a terrible player. Slow as anything, positionally caught out loads, awful on the ball, poor first touch, an absolutely awful player who Evertonians have a sentimental blind spot over no matter how many times he gives away rubbish goals.

Richarlison has been poor this season but at least at his best he can be good.

What premier league midfield does Davies, Siggurdson or Gomes start for?

Which premier league team would swap their right back for Seamus Coleman?

Michael Keane is a terrible player. Slow as anything, positionally caught out loads, awful on the ball, poor first touch, an absolutely awful player who Evertonians have a sentimental blind spot over no matter how many times he gives away rubbish goals.

Richarlison has been poor this season but at least at his best he can be good.
LOL

Keane has been without question our best CB this season, its not even a contest, he would get games for most teams above us.

Its dead, dead weird how people can even attempt to criticise big Keggers and to be honest it shows them up, well, as a bit clueless about footy to be honest.

I mean "awful on the ball", honestly, have you considered snooker?

LOL

Keane has been without question our best CB this season, its not even a contest, he would get games for most teams above us.

Its dead, dead weird how people can even attempt to criticise big Keggers and to be honest it shows them up, well, as a bit clueless about footy to be honest.

I mean "awful on the ball", honestly, have you considered snooker?

I give up. I don’t know which team Keane plays for above us. Must be one who doesn’t ever want to send their full backs forward, play in a back 3, or expect their centreback to take the ball under pressure without falling over.

This is the fundamental problem at Everton. We have players who are not very good, but loads of fans think they’re great. Davies is another, he’s absolutely terrible yet a lot of people are fine with that because he’s not quite as terrible as Siggurdson or Gomes. Coleman has one good game in 5 on the wing and a lot of people still think he’s a very good right back.

Not good enough. Nowhere near good enough, and they haven’t been for numerous managers in a row now.

I give up. I don’t know which team Keane plays for above us. Must be one who doesn’t ever want to send their full backs forward, play in a back 3, or expect their centreback to take the ball under pressure without falling over.

This is the fundamental problem at Everton. We have players who are not very good, but loads of fans think they’re great. Davies is another, he’s absolutely terrible yet a lot of people are fine with that because he’s not quite as terrible as Siggurdson or Gomes. Coleman has one good game in 5 on the wing and a lot of people still think he’s a very good right back.

Not good enough. Nowhere near good enough, and they haven’t been for numerous managers in a row now.
Pretty sure nobody thinks Coleman is a very good right back anymore or that Davies is Tony Kroos.

Keane could play for any team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back