Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a very bizare comparison though. You very quickly nailed your point about the contrast in two managers. But then proceeded to suggest these players were better, or if not better then more expressive, under silva. But then marco silva had the worst points ratio since walter smith at Everton. So whats the point in them having all that licence if its not producing end results? You cant just skirt over we were sitting in the relegation zone and then say but hey they were more expressive under him than ancelloti.
I got your point. We'll swerve the you're not on my level arrogance. Marco silva might not just be the best case for your defence.
Well I wasn’t actually being arrogant I was more joking that despite me effectively saying ‘this doesn’t mean I think silva was better so don’t reply saying that’, you replied saying that. Then you’ve come back insisting that you understood the post, while again repeating your belief that I’m saying what I explicitly Said I wasn’t saying.

My point was that the way we set up may be something to do with why we look so bad when trying to play more aggressively, in much the same way that our poor record on set pieces under silva and allardyce didn’t mean that the players were physically incapable of defending them.

West Ham? Nah not for me, it's just that Moyes has them playing a style that suits and gets the best out of what he's got. Not sure we can say the same for Carlo, I just see 11 players thrown onto the pitch and told to try to be good at football.
Think your over estimating our team, we have a lot of average players.

They don't. Take three players out of their first team and they're bottom half comfortably. Take three players out of ours and we still finish around 10th.
If we didn't have Dom, Dacoure and Godfrey we'd be in the bottom half.
Our form since Dacoure has been missing has been bottom half form.

Interesting. Most seasons we've taken at least one severe beating going back to Moyes.

Back to basics for Carlo, I guess. Stay in the game, compete.

Problem is, everyone hates it.

I don't think everyone hates it at all. In fact, most people accept that it needs to be done in certain games. And, if anything, had we done it in our recent home games, we'd probably have more points than we do right now.
The issue is, it's all we can do mate. Like literally all we can do. And it feels like we've actually been able to do it pretty well since December, yet our attacking play has gone backwards, like it's totally been left at the expense of working on the defence...

If after the 5-2 defeat to Liverpool in December 2019 which left us floundering on 14 points you had been told that by the end of next season Carlo Ancelloti will be in charge and we will still have a mathematical chance of Champions League football with three games to go you’d of thought you’d gone mad.
Look how far we’ve come , only four signings , getting gubbed by Norwich and Sheffield Utd at home.
The futures bright.

It’s been a weird season. We’ve both seen a massive improvement in a lot of aspects and yet it’s been a bit of a disappointment.

With Carlo in charge though I’ve never been more confident that we’ll actually achieve something. All his signings have been good ones and if we have a summer like last one then next season should be a big improvement.

Without question with every passing window under carlo. The only way is up. I have 100% faith in that. How far he can take us is another thing but no chance a manager like him with more and more quality added is going to take us backwards. Not a chance.

He also has the hardest job post moyes. Martinez had it a solid core. But with every passing disaster manager since the squad has been constantly filled with apathetic players under a manager merry go round. And mediocrity has been burned into us. He had a good first window attracted players we'd never get otherwise and we've beat the rs away and double over arsenal two wins over spurs and other monkeys off the back. Still in with a shout of Europe. Hasn't completed a season yet

Facter in he is Carlo freaking Ancelotti. He deserves 3 to 4 years. Without people doubting him. Critisice on a game by game basis? Sure it would be dull and weird if we couldn't discuss how things could have been better. But doubting his seat at the everton table is off limits for me all things considered. We have no right as a club and base. We are so lucky to have such a manager. Giving our history.

I don't think everyone hates it at all. In fact, most people accept that it needs to be done in certain games. And, if anything, had we done it in our recent home games, we'd probably have more points than we do right now.
The issue is, it's all we can do mate. Like literally all we can do. And it feels like we've actually been able to do it pretty well since December, yet our attacking play has gone backwards, like it's totally been left at the expense of working on the defence...
You do read this thread?

Stop and consider what has happened throughout the season though. Key players have been out injured and, in my view, come back 70%.

Digne, DCL, James. Allan even.

I'm not even convinced Richy is 100% right. He doesn't look as mobile as in previous seasons of late.

So yeah, maybe there is room to do more on the training pitch, but I'd also suggest lack of squad depth costs us.

He's gone Conservative for a reason. Before anyone starts, not THAT sort of Tory ;)

Well I wasn’t actually being arrogant I was more joking that despite me effectively saying ‘this doesn’t mean I think silva was better so don’t reply saying that’, you replied saying that. Then you’ve come back insisting that you understood the post, while again repeating your belief that I’m saying what I explicitly Said I wasn’t saying.

My point was that the way we set up may be something to do with why we look so bad when trying to play more aggressively, in much the same way that our poor record on set pieces under silva and allardyce didn’t mean that the players were physically incapable of defending them.

So what you're saying is that Carlo should say to them in his broken english. Look, when i was at Bayern i was glued to the TV watching you lot under Marco. Play for me like you played for him. But just skip the getting hammered part. Magnifico.

I feel sorry for the bloke.

A bit like asking Robert Oppenheimer to build the H bomb, with a blob of blue tack and a piece of string.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back