Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concentrated on midfield as i think ours is so average.
Just sort of confirms(to me) how much work is needed here.
The likes of gomes iwobi wouldnt get near that pitch. The rest of our midfield would have a slight chance of being on the bench.
Except allan.

...I get your point and it’s accurate but I suppose it’s lots to do with blend. Rodriguez, for example, might get into Leicester’s side with the runners they have elsewhere.

...I get your point and it’s accurate but I suppose it’s lots to do with blend. Rodriguez, for example, might get into Leicester’s side with the runners they have elsewhere.

Rodriguez is more a number 10.
I was just looking stretched across the middle. Our no pace. No guile. Lack of technique. Lack of carrying the ball. Lack of good passing.
Im shutting up now. Im depressing myself.

The likes of gomes iwobi wouldnt get near that pitch. The rest of our midfield would have a slight chance of being on the bench.
Except allan.
Godfrey would fit in there with another season under his belt. Allan as u mentioned. None of the others. We need a least 4 to 5 starters in this summer or we will continue in mediocrity land for next 5 years for starters. Players with pace and mobility and technical good.

Godfrey would fit in there with another season under his belt. Allan as u mentioned. None of the others. We need a least 4 to 5 starters in this summer or we will continue in mediocrity land for next 5 years for starters. Players with pace and mobility and technical go

Except allan.
Apologies. Mentioned godfrey. Missed the midfield part.

Well, what Leicester have done is simply brilliant engineering. They have hired a manager with a clear and distinct philosophy. They have sold expensively, and brought in relatively affordable players in the right age group with great potential. Tielemans was a flop in Monaco, and Ndidi was brought in from Genk.

I know there are several ways to succeed, but this is the way I think is most realistic for Everton. Therefore, I have also been skeptical of signings like Allan and JR, who are clearly on their way down in their careers, but who are of course good individual players. But to build a foundation for success, I'm skeptical of whether it's the right method. We do not have the financial muscle of either Chelsea or Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back