Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still comes back to Brands for me.

We should be well into a cycle now that sees young players brought in and emerging, or doing well already.

Apart from one or two exceptions, where is that talent??

Where are the prospects, or the player signed on the relative cheap thats now worth x4 what we paid for him?

There is only one model for us and thats buy not cheap, but cheaper certainly, and either 1) Sell at a large profit and start the cycle again or 2) Get a baller who will be in the team 90% of the time for the next 10 years.

I can get behind signing James at any time under any circumstances. Allan was brought for expediency more than anything else and I support that too.

But we can't sustain that model. It isn't a model.

Ancelotti can only be as strong as the weakest link here and worryingly, Brands seems to be the weakest link.

Which other teams have been doing that in the PL recently?

We need better depth. You can’t go from James Allan Docuoure to Siggurdson Davies Gomes and expect to win lots of games. The disparity in quality in our squad is one of the highest in the league. Other teams replace like for like, we replace a very good player with a very poor player.
How much did Siggurdson and Gomes cost ?

The obvious issue with Leicester comparisons is that I don't think we've got any intention of following their model.

The obvious issue is the weight of expectation just isn't there with Leicester, sure if they keep this up it might start but we are a massive club carrying the full heft of the ball and chain around with us. Even as a supporter you can feel it as a suffocating presence.

The obvious issue is the weight of expectation just isn't there with Leicester, sure if they keep this up it might start but we are a massive club carrying the full heft of the ball and chain around with us. Even as a supporter you can feel it as a suffocating presence.
It's a really good point. I know a few Leicester season ticket holders and they're just riding the crest of a wave this ladt few years and enjoying it.

Chuck in no really relevant local rivals (in recent success terms) and they are just happy. We've got Big Red needling us constantly.

Having said that, it's not a mean feat winning major domestic trophies, so fair play to them.

It's a really good point. I know a few Leicester season ticket holders and they're just riding the crest of a wave this ladt few years and enjoying it.

Chuck in no really relevant local rivals (in success terms) and they are just happy. We've got Big Red needling us constantly.

Having said that, it's not a mean feat winning major domestic trophies, so fair play to them.

I hand on heart believe you could transplant that whole Leicester team and Rodgers to Everton and under our name they would wilt under the pressure. It's just totally different environment. Hopefully Carlo can change that but we also need a lot of luck to win something to truly cast aside the baggage.

Jarg but according to some they should be looking at Davey Moyes instead :hayee:

I just can’t believe they’re not going for Moyes, Graeme Potter, Hasenhuttl, Allardyce and Marco Silva. Why would they want three time CL winner Carlo Ancelotti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back