Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only constant has been the players. They have failed time and time again.

For me absolutely.

I genuinely feel for all our managers since the Martinez second season. Systemically accepted mediocrity, and when the players lose the hunger, it doesn't take long for the new arrivals to feel exactly the same.

Where is their hunger? Hundred's of thousands a month, millions per year, and why try earn more? For some, this is their last big paycheck before may be going down a step, or is already that, whilst earning a wad. Look at Gomes, he's won major leagues, international tournaments, played for some of the biggest sides.... what's his hunger here? Pick up a paycheck? Outrageous.

I don’t think most of them will have been told directly, but they’ll know themselves they’re not good enough and will be sold first decent offer we get.

Carlo was fuming after that last night. “Next summer we will change”. He knows this lot are weak mentally and technically and can’t outpass or outplay teams. We’re good away from home because we can defend, but even that’ll change next year with the return of fans because a lot of them are so mentally weak.

He’d happily see half of this lot out on their arses. Very frank discussion with Marcel incoming, and I highly doubt we’ll even pretend to adhere to FFP.

superb

“Rodgers doesn't buy the players, he coaches them. We need a recruitment team like Leicester”

Didn’t we try that once before?
Nope, we bought one of their scouts, when we should have bought their Director of football. Although why he would leave them for us I have no idea.

He's a genius cos Pep says? He's won zero. He falls out with everyone.

People are just knee jerking against the manager who personally has seen enough of his squad.

I'd be more worried about Carlo leaving with this squad.
I dont think he's going anywhere tbh.
But his pride is badly dented.
Massive summer coming up.

Reactions: JLW
I actually feel sorry for him after watching that.

‘the quality of the play was terrible’

Although this was a new low, I’d guess few are surprised we churned out this level of garbage given what we’ve been serving up for months now.

It’s a real shame that our home form has been so bad as we’ve missed a massive opportunity this season to do something really special and lift the club into a major European competition.

I guess you can look at it two ways mate.

Is it a blessing in disguise? He knew, those comments pre-game, basically condemned the entire squad, he knows, and I genuinely think that for me, it's beyond alarming that Ancelotti has basically made those comments, putting their names in the window, and that's how they responded.

I don't want players at the club who don't want to fight for the shirt, and sadly, when we needed a big performance, we've faltered again. Would European Football mask the urgency for a huge overhaul? Yes, I genuinely think so. Now we have absolutely zero excuses, you don't win things with castoffs, and lazy, uninspired players.

Fingers crossed Carlo is here next year. Fingers crossed we really are just gonna swerve FFP in the summer. Unbelievable comments to make from Pickford, as is the Coleman one from last year. Any other field of work and you’d be gone.
Believe me Carlo will be here. nobody wants him. It will be Everton or retirement.

Bizarrely, the Villa game rankles with me more than yesterday. We had to go for broke, all out from minute 1 for the victory. We of course didn't. We dropped Davies to bring back Mason Holgate for some unknown reason and we coasted the entire first half and only properly woke up in the last 10 minutes. The lack of urgency came from the bench sadly. He made two changes, a non-goalscoring midfielder for a goal-scoring midfielder and a headless chicken attacker on at right-wing back. It was dreadful.

Yesterday was nearly unforgivable, but it was entirely in-keeping with our home form this season so not unexpected. 5 defenders at home to Sheffield United? If any other manager did that the pitchforks would be out.

Ancellotti does deserve time and his own players, this current group are notorious for dialling it in but can we even trust Marcel Brands to ring the changes? Several of the players that are treading water in this squad are ones he's brought to the club.

Nope, we bought one of their scouts, when we should have bought their Director of football. Although why he would leave them for us I have no idea.

We brought in the man widely credited with the success of their recruitment policy and he was welcomed with open arms at the time

Last edited:
Much safer in here this morning. That was crap and I only watched the first ten before switching off. Not good from anyone that last night. The fact I am starting to think it's all a bit meh is a concern. I hate boring footy but these players just are not up for a battle at all.

I’m fearful of next season. Last night we had 4 of Carlo’s players playing. Of the remaining 7, Pickford, Keane, Digne, DCL and Richarlison will be starting most games next season.
How on earth is it going to be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back