Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Rodgers doesn't buy the players, he coaches them. We need a recruitment team like Leicester”

Didn’t we try that once before?

Leicester's strategy is entirely different to ours, and is effective.

They sign young players, they then sell when needed, and run a sustainable model, all whilst having hungry, quick players.

We haven't tried a buy young, develop and sell high approach, or we wouldn't be on cusp of breaking FFP, and having a gang of losers. Yes we brought in Walsh, but we also brought in a load of terrible, ageing players. Do the right thing.

They sign young players, they then sell when needed, and run a sustainable model, all whilst having hungry, quick players.

We haven't tried a buy young, develop and sell high approach, or we wouldn't be on cusp of breaking FFP, and having a gang of losers. Yes we brought in Walsh, but we also brought in a load of terrible, ageing players. Do the right thing.

....being devil’s advocate; I suppose looking at last nights team, Pickford, Holgate, Godfrey, Richarlison & DCL were all young when purchased. Arguably, we could turn a profit on all/most of those.

Last edited:

Godfrey is the only player close to a 'Leicester signing' and he's our best signing. Im afraid carlo is om for the short term game. Being linked with rabiot, isco, bale and every other high profile almost had it player.

So basically, he has not been able to improve the likes of Sigurdsson, Gomes etc., has seen Richarlison and Digne go backwards while he has been in charge but none of it is his fault apart from being too trusting?
I don't think there is any chance of him being shown the door but I have found his time at the club immensely underwhelming. I can't think of many premier league managers who would have done worse with this set of players.

You have a very short memory then mate. That same bunch of players had us all drooling at the beginning of the season, pretty much until the Pickfordgate Derby.

....being devil’s advo ate; I suppose looking at last nights team, Pickford, Holgate, Godfrey, Richarlison & DCL were all young when purchased. Arguably, we could turn a profit on all/most of those.

I'm actually not disagreeing with anything you're saying, and take away Holgate (who is realistically a squad player), what are they? First team starters every week. They for me, are not the problem. It's the players who are on big contracts, who show no enthusiasm, the place we need creativity. Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Gomes, they're not going to get us trophies.

I still don't think we're a million miles off, but you need to remove the dross, and that is your players who haven't got the legs or havent got the enthusiasm. We need to bin off buying the second hand cast offs.

Of some of the cast offs or ageing stars weve signed Sigurdsson, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Bernard etc... we're barely going to touch any return for them, just think it's a fine model for a side who are already successful, but you need to build a sustainable model. More signings like Godfrey would please me a lot, there's a lot of untapped potential in the Championship, and in lesser popular leagues, you just need to find the right players.

Leicester have signed just as many duds as we have over the years. Funny how people pick and choose what they want to see.

They've signed some, but i think that came in a period where they went off on a separate tangent when they won the league. Slimani, Musa, SIlva. But they quickly realised that weren't going to work and reverted to type.

No transfer policy is perfect, but when 90% are success stories, I'd be biting your hand off for that record.

Which is all on Carlo - Leicester lost 0-3 to WHU yet Rodgers didnt rip everything good up and try win games 1-0 every week playing uber defensive football.
Would be interesting to see how many games this season we played the same formation/same players in consecutive games. It’s all seemed a bit haphazard, disjointed, absent a grand plan, ad hoc...take your pick.

Godfrey is the only player close to a 'Leicester signing' and he's our best signing. Im afraid carlo is om for the short term game. Being linked with rabiot, isco, bale and every other high profile almost had it player.

Can't disagree. I don't want to see us linked to Khedira's, Isco's etc, but sometimes it is needed, every team needs that balance, but overall it's not the strategy I want, United have Cavani etc, but there's 1-2 signings like this, not an entire squad..

Under Moyes we signed Cahill, Arteta, Baines and Pienaar who were at the time 22/23, and look what happened, they were great for us, and because central figures in our side.
Godfrey is the signing we should be looking to make, and it's so painfully obvious. I just don't understand why we can't see the success of it, and are trying to push it.

We are at that cross roads now, were people who are calling for his head aren’t lunatics anymore and people wanting him to stay aren’t either.

I can see both sides, I think it’s down to that clown of our DOF to buy players to play aggressive attacking football which he promised us.

I am willing to give him until December.

We are at that cross roads now, were people who are calling for his head aren’t lunatics anymore and people wanting him to stay aren’t either.

I can see both sides, I think it’s down to that clown of our DOF to buy players to play aggressive attacking football which he promised us.

I am willing to give him until December.
Then why is it only the Carlo-outs still getting themselves banned left right and centre. Every weekend including last night.

Calling mods trump and delusional. Last night and been backed up by other bed wetters. The pish flop plotters are still holding down the lunatic mantle hard-core.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back