Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo will know this.

He brought in Doucs for energy, Allan to add some steel, and James for creativity. The Godfrey who's the fastest at the club.

It's everyone else he inherited that are the issue in the above department. And some on massive wages.
Sorry but those 4 don't get a free pass either. They were all on the pitch yesterday for possibly our worst performance of the season. Allan and Doucoure have consistently been part of a midfield that's been second best in games all season and have failed to give us a platform to build from.

No, not like Silva and Martinez. And 2013-14 under Martinez was full of good memories and attacking football.

Why are people accepting with this pragmatic dross? It won’t get better because Carlo isn’t going to sell 8 players and replace them. This is what we have. He will bring in 3, 4 at the most in the summer. But selling these players we all hate is going to be difficult.

Carlo isn’t exactly a spring chicken either. How many years do you think fans will accept this rubbish?

Pragmatic isn't what this is.

Pragmatic approach doesn't have to mean negative.

Carlo hasn't found a pragmatic approach for our home games because we keep getting paggered in them.

One of the reasons we play so painfully slow from the back is that we have no midfielder coming in to collect possession from the centre-backs.

The one player we have who has suggested he might be about capabale of passing this off against complete tosh that's in the league is Davies, yet he's not seen a minute in 3 of the last 4 games, when he should have started each one.

Sorry most of that is BS.

Potter can get their clowns to do it.

Bissouma would walk into our team but he would struggle when he takes the ball and there isn’t passing corridors made nor is there any sort of attacking cohesion.

We neee a Pirlo, Alonso style player but they won’t solve the lack of movement in front of them, as we all know takes two players to make a good pass.

Maybe Ancelotti should start his off season break early and let Duncan get stuck into them, seriously someone needs to get in this lots ear good and proper. Ancelotti is going to be needing the patience of a saint with this shower. Was blown away when the beat spares first up and the next couple games, since then its been nothing short of atrocious.

Sorry but those 4 don't get a free pass either. They were all on the pitch yesterday for possibly our worst performance of the season. Allan and Doucoure have consistently been part of a midfield that's been second best in games all season and have failed to give us a platform to build from.
Yet there's a lad sat on the bench who, for everything he lacks, is the one player all season who you would say has looked capable of providing a platform.

His career is taking a huge hit managing us at the moment. Only Everton can do that.

I hope he stays to prove what he really wants. Change this club.

Mark my words... bigger clubs will be looking at pinching Carlo in the summer. He's easy target to get him out of the hell hole of this club.

He’s probably the only reason I might still turn in next summer. This club is a chasm that kills careers. I don’t know why people think some managerial newbie like Graeme Potter or Eddie Howe would do anything here, they’d be fired within 6 months, this club is poisonous. Ancelotti probably had the job of his entire career on his hands changing the culture here. I’d much rather give it to him than anyone else at the moment. One thing is for certain though, just changing manager again is not the silver gullet magic pill to get rid of 30 years of failure. I’ve no love for Martinez Koeman Allardyce or Silva but along with Ancelotti they can’t all be wrong. That neither of them can get these players playing better than relegation form for longer than one season shows a deep rooted issue at the club. That needs to be found and eradicated before we lose yet another manager.

Godfrey is the only player close to a 'Leicester signing' and he's our best signing. Im afraid carlo is om for the short term game. Being linked with rabiot, isco, bale and every other high profile almost had it player.

I don't think that's fair mate. Carlo has had one Summer window and brought in what he then said were players that would provide necessary 'energy' in midfield. Allan, Doucoure and James certainly did that compared to what we had, and with the constraints of FFP.

Carlo has since said many times he's here for his contract at least. I think the comments on here about Carlo only being able to manage a team of galacticos are partly true. I reckon he's completely bemused by the performance of a squad that has one of the best away win records in the league but plays like a pub team at home.

I think we have to see what happens this Summer. Rumours of a £100m kitty, a few more Besic's and Bolasie's to exit, and a long hard look at the rest of them.

Lescott nailed it after the match yesterday - Carlo has no change options to bring into games as subs, so he can only replace like with like. So let's see who he tries to bring in this time round.

Finally, my personal view is that Richarlison is a malign effect on the squad. He's sulky, petulant and selfish, and thinks he's better than the rest, while his form is woeful. That must unsettle the squad atmosphere. Did you see the reaction of the other players that time (was it v Palace?) he insisted on taking the free kick with Siggy, James and Digne around the ball, then skied it into row Z??

Both Allan and Doucoure need replacing for me. They are ok. Doucoure runs about a lot but is technically limited. I find it mental we still need a midfield. But even this new one gets dominated as soon as we try to play higher up the pitch.

The issue is a losing mentality, acceptance of failure and being woeful when the hard games come. But at least we’re the peoples club, blah blah blah
We need to bring in players who are hungry to compete and win. We haven’t brought anyone in with a mentality like that except Godfrey.

Recent years they havent, kelechi looked like the most recent one until the last few months scoring for fun

There are these and many more. Think they even spent £12m on Danny Ward, a third choice keeper, from Liverpool. Considering £8m for Delph was an abomination we can include that too.

Just a small selection of duff signings every club makes.

So what excuses are the Carlo FC supporters making after yet another woeful display against a Championship side?

He had his own players in the starting 11 last night and they ALL stank the place out.

But when we sign more duds like Allan and Doucoure, Carlo is going to get Champions League football right?

You can dress it up how you want. But the constant draws and losses against the likes of Newcastle, Villa and Sheffield are simply not good enough. I don’t care what Carlo did in a one team league with Bayern, I would win the league there. In recent years he’s slowly and surely got worse as a manager or rather the game has evolved and his pragmatic, dated approach to tactics and man management has been found out. Napoli, Everton - where next? No big side will want him. Rumour about Real Madrid looking at him? Not a chance, it’s paper BS.They will be after the young breed of hungry, talented, attacking coaches. Not pass-it-sideways-for-90-minutes Ancelotti.

I’m done with him. Him and Mourinho are greats from yesterday’s game. I want a manager who actually wants to play football.

If we were serving up this dross under Koeman and Allardyce you’d all be wanting blood. But because you’re judging Carlo on stuff he did elsewhere, in the past - it’s ok.

So when he gets more players we will be good? Is that the consensus? Based on what?

Who did you used to be?

Rodgers doesn't buy the players, he coaches them. We need a recruitment team like Leicester.
...we should have hired Steve Walsh as a Head Scout and not a DoF - oh, and never have employed Koeman, who never wanted to be here and who had no pedigree for the job other than picking up Pochettino's team and playing it.

But hey, Moshiri knows best.

Of course the squad needs improving, Carlo doesn't have to tell us that, but we have to be doing more with what we have too.

If he thinks he needs a better starting XI than yesterday to beat a relegated Sheff United then I do worry what kinda coaching he's doing.

....with the new ground development, I imagine Moshiri want stability on the pitch so I can’t see anything except Ancelotti seeing out his deal here. I wouldn’t even be surprised if his son is being lined up for continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back