Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want that you’ll have to let Brands do his actual job role. That same job role you don’t think we need. :Blink:
Why on earth would we let Brands do that? Let him continue to buy useless players for an arm and a leg?

What identity has he sought to impose on Everton through his work in the last 3 years?

...we should have hired Steve Walsh as a Head Scout and not a DoF - oh, and never have employed Koeman, who never wanted to be here and who had no pedigree for the job other than picking up Pochettino's team and playing it.

But hey, Moshiri knows best.

...not sure about Walsh being a chief scout. I recall pictures of him watching Sandro from the stands.

Carlo Ancelotti makes major Everton transfer declaration after 'direct' admission​

Carlo Ancelotti gave a frank assessment of what Everton need in the summer transfer market after defeat to Sheffield United.

Carlo Ancelotti says Everton need a "better squad" with players who are comfortable on the ball to ensure they avoid a repeat of their Goodison nightmare [next season].

The Blues have now lost nine times at home in the Premier League this term, following Sheffield United's 1-0 victory on Sunday night.

Defeat has left Everton's hopes of qualifying for Europe dangling by a thread and had Ancelotti admitting he is "embarrassed" by the team's record at home.

The Blues have struggled when they have been forced to break down the opposition or chase the game after going behind and Ancelotti knows Everton must be a more attack-minded team next season.

But Ancelotti has made no secret that in order for that to happen, the Blues must head into the transfer market.

"We don't have players of strong personality with the ball, strong quality with the ball," he said.

"We are a team with defined characteristics, we are strong without the ball and direct. I think one of the technical reasons of this home run is this.

"When we try to build up from the back we have some more difficulties because we play slow. We don't have the confidence with the ball compared to the confidence that we have without the ball.

"At home we have to try and play more attacking football but it doesn't work as well as direct attacking or counter-attack in the away games.

"It is really difficult to explain but I have to find a solution for this."

Ancelotti added: "Maybe, for next season, we need to try and have, for sure, a better squad."

The worry is those additions who are "good on the ball" will basically be snail players like Gomes & Klassan.

I have zero faith in our DOF to bring in top players and I have little faith in Carlo being able to coach/motivate the calibre of players we can attract.

If I was Moshiri I would rip the lot up - Kenwright and Brands sacked and Carlo instructed to either change his style of management and be on these players a lot harder or to resign and allow us to go out and bring in someone who will.

Thats the problem at the club we have no decisive leadership - we only act when the clubs sat in 18th place and Goodison is on fire.

Carlo Ancelotti makes major Everton transfer declaration after 'direct' admission​

Carlo Ancelotti gave a frank assessment of what Everton need in the summer transfer market after defeat to Sheffield United.

Carlo Ancelotti says Everton need a "better squad" with players who are comfortable on the ball to ensure they avoid a repeat of their Goodison nightmare [next season].

The Blues have now lost nine times at home in the Premier League this term, following Sheffield United's 1-0 victory on Sunday night.

Defeat has left Everton's hopes of qualifying for Europe dangling by a thread and had Ancelotti admitting he is "embarrassed" by the team's record at home.

The Blues have struggled when they have been forced to break down the opposition or chase the game after going behind and Ancelotti knows Everton must be a more attack-minded team next season.

But Ancelotti has made no secret that in order for that to happen, the Blues must head into the transfer market.

"We don't have players of strong personality with the ball, strong quality with the ball," he said.

"We are a team with defined characteristics, we are strong without the ball and direct. I think one of the technical reasons of this home run is this.

"When we try to build up from the back we have some more difficulties because we play slow. We don't have the confidence with the ball compared to the confidence that we have without the ball.

"At home we have to try and play more attacking football but it doesn't work as well as direct attacking or counter-attack in the away games.

Ancelotti added: "Maybe, for next season, we need to try and have, for sure, a better squad."
That's his stall set out.

If he's backed, we buy better players, and we are still poop then it's also the hill he dies on.

Loud and clear.

That's fine, I agree with that.

But he's the one setting us up poorly so he takes his share of the blame.

A big chunk of our issues come down to that lack of power etc, but not all of them.

It's the same issue I have with the shouts that it's all about effort. Unfortunately that's far too simple to say.

He's set us up dismally in every home game bar maybe one or two since the turn of the year.

He's found a formula that just about works away from home, but it's not sustainable because it relies too much on margins going our way and when they don't, we drop points.

It's a proper mire of all of the issues atm, but everyone involved is to blame and they all need to improve or, in the players' case, be improved upon.

I think when Richy has dived off a cliff and DCL has practically carried the season on his own... we're short of options to do anything really

Shots fired

Sorry but those 4 don't get a free pass either. They were all on the pitch yesterday for possibly our worst performance of the season. Allan and Doucoure have consistently been part of a midfield that's been second best in games all season and have failed to give us a platform to build from.

Of course not, but the point is that he's not failed to address the glaring issues for his first season in charge transfer wise.

The problem isn't 3 or 4 players...it's the full squad.

...not sure about Walsh being a chief scout. I recall pictures of him watching Sandro from the stands.
He was our chief scout when he was with us, however, it seems to be our scouting system that we have in place is what is successful rather than individual people in it

We have lost quite a few members of our scouting department, majority of which seem to have done poorly after leaving, yet we just usually promote from within to keep things going

Celtic fans were taking the piss when we signed Lee Congerton as our chief scout because just by looking at his history with transfers it isn’t good, but coming into a good system even with him resulted in a pretty good transfer window for us (and the rumoured moves we may make this summer look even better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back