Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference with Leicester is they've generally (not always) brought in younger players capable of playing a more physical game.

Pace and power is so important in the Premier League and we don't have enough of it.

But we also aren't getting set up right in half of our games and the only way we look remotely 'good' (and it's a very loose term) is when we go and camp 20 yards off our own goal.

Our second half displays have, all season from that Brighton match at home, been utterly woeful as well from an attacking perspective, on the whole.

So what excuses are the Carlo FC supporters making after yet another woeful display against a Championship side?

He had his own players in the starting 11 last night and they ALL stank the place out.

But when we sign more duds like Allan and Doucoure, Carlo is going to get Champions League football right?

You can dress it up how you want. But the constant draws and losses against the likes of Newcastle, Villa and Sheffield are simply not good enough. I don’t care what Carlo did in a one team league with Bayern, I would win the league there. In recent years he’s slowly and surely got worse as a manager or rather the game has evolved and his pragmatic, dated approach to tactics and man management has been found out. Napoli, Everton - where next? No big side will want him. Rumour about Real Madrid looking at him? Not a chance, it’s paper BS.They will be after the young breed of hungry, talented, attacking coaches. Not pass-it-sideways-for-90-minutes Ancelotti.

I’m done with him. Him and Mourinho are greats from yesterday’s game. I want a manager who actually wants to play football.

If we were serving up this dross under Koeman and Allardyce you’d all be wanting blood. But because you’re judging Carlo on stuff he did elsewhere, in the past - it’s ok.

So when he gets more players we will be good? Is that the consensus? Based on what?

Southampton away, the turning point for the season. Got destroyed and seemed like Carlo lost confidence in the team. Didn’t set up 433 again.
I think he knows the players aren't good enough and is trying to grind out results to get us where we need to be. I think our football has been turgid this season, but it is a means to an end.... Hopefully

The difference with Leicester is they've generally (not always) brought in younger players capable of playing a more physical game.

Pace and power is so important in the Premier League and we don't have enough of it.

But we also aren't getting set up right in half of our games and the only way we look remotely 'good' (and it's a very loose term) is when we go and camp 20 yards off our own goal.

Our second half displays have, all season from that Brighton match at home, been utterly woeful as well from an attacking perspective, on the whole.

Carlo will know this.

He brought in Doucs for energy, Allan to add some steel, and James for creativity. The Godfrey who's the fastest at the club.

It's everyone else he inherited that are the issue in the above department. And some on massive wages.

So what excuses are the Carlo FC supporters making after yet another woeful display against a Championship side?

He had his own players in the starting 11 last night and they ALL stank the place out.

But when we sign more duds like Allan and Doucoure, Carlo is going to get Champions League football right?

You can dress it up how you want. But the constant draws and losses against the likes of Newcastle, Villa and Sheffield are simply not good enough. I don’t care what Carlo did in a one team league with Bayern, I would win the league there. In recent years he’s slowly and surely got worse as a manager or rather the game has evolved and his pragmatic, dated approach to tactics and man management has been found out. Napoli, Everton - where next? No big side will want him. Rumour about Real Madrid looking at him? Not a chance, it’s paper BS.They will be after the young breed of hungry, talented, attacking coaches. Not pass-it-sideways-for-90-minutes Ancelotti.

I’m done with him. Him and Mourinho are greats from yesterday’s game. I want a manager who actually wants to play football.

If we were serving up this dross under Koeman and Allardyce you’d all be wanting blood. But because you’re judging Carlo on stuff he did elsewhere, in the past - it’s ok.

So when he gets more players we will be good? Is that the consensus? Based on what?

Like Silva or Martinez you mean? Yeah that worked out wonderfully.

Carlo Ancelotti makes major Everton transfer declaration after 'direct' admission​

Carlo Ancelotti gave a frank assessment of what Everton need in the summer transfer market after defeat to Sheffield United.

Carlo Ancelotti says Everton need a "better squad" with players who are comfortable on the ball to ensure they avoid a repeat of their Goodison nightmare [next season].

The Blues have now lost nine times at home in the Premier League this term, following Sheffield United's 1-0 victory on Sunday night.

Defeat has left Everton's hopes of qualifying for Europe dangling by a thread and had Ancelotti admitting he is "embarrassed" by the team's record at home.

The Blues have struggled when they have been forced to break down the opposition or chase the game after going behind and Ancelotti knows Everton must be a more attack-minded team next season.

But Ancelotti has made no secret that in order for that to happen, the Blues must head into the transfer market.

"We don't have players of strong personality with the ball, strong quality with the ball," he said.

"We are a team with defined characteristics, we are strong without the ball and direct. I think one of the technical reasons of this home run is this.

"When we try to build up from the back we have some more difficulties because we play slow. We don't have the confidence with the ball compared to the confidence that we have without the ball.

"At home we have to try and play more attacking football but it doesn't work as well as direct attacking or counter-attack in the away games.

"It is really difficult to explain but I have to find a solution for this."

Ancelotti added: "Maybe, for next season, we need to try and have, for sure, a better squad."

Carlo will know this.

He brought in Doucs for energy, Allan to add some steel, and James for creativity. The Godfrey who's the fastest at the club.

It's everyone else he inherited that are the issue in the above department. And some on massive wages.

That's fine, I agree with that.

But he's the one setting us up poorly so he takes his share of the blame.

A big chunk of our issues come down to that lack of power etc, but not all of them.

It's the same issue I have with the shouts that it's all about effort. Unfortunately that's far too simple to say.

He's set us up dismally in every home game bar maybe one or two since the turn of the year.

He's found a formula that just about works away from home, but it's not sustainable because it relies too much on margins going our way and when they don't, we drop points.

It's a proper mire of all of the issues atm, but everyone involved is to blame and they all need to improve or, in the players' case, be improved upon.

I think he knows the players aren't good enough and is trying to grind out results to get us where we need to be. I think our football has been turgid this season, but it is a means to an end.... Hopefully
Believe/hope this as well. He probably drew the conclusion that grinding results was the only way Europe was plausible... and he was almost right. Hopefully, he'll hit reset this summer, get a few good players in early, and start embedding a better style.

Might wanna change your username and profile pic then...

Carlo Ancelotti makes major Everton transfer declaration after 'direct' admission​

Carlo Ancelotti gave a frank assessment of what Everton need in the summer transfer market after defeat to Sheffield United.

Carlo Ancelotti says Everton need a "better squad" with players who are comfortable on the ball to ensure they avoid a repeat of their Goodison nightmare [next season].

The Blues have now lost nine times at home in the Premier League this term, following Sheffield United's 1-0 victory on Sunday night.

Defeat has left Everton's hopes of qualifying for Europe dangling by a thread and had Ancelotti admitting he is "embarrassed" by the team's record at home.

The Blues have struggled when they have been forced to break down the opposition or chase the game after going behind and Ancelotti knows Everton must be a more attack-minded team next season.

But Ancelotti has made no secret that in order for that to happen, the Blues must head into the transfer market.

"We don't have players of strong personality with the ball, strong quality with the ball," he said.

"We are a team with defined characteristics, we are strong without the ball and direct. I think one of the technical reasons of this home run is this.

"When we try to build up from the back we have some more difficulties because we play slow. We don't have the confidence with the ball compared to the confidence that we have without the ball.

"At home we have to try and play more attacking football but it doesn't work as well as direct attacking or counter-attack in the away games.

"It is really difficult to explain but I have to find a solution for this."

Ancelotti added: "Maybe, for next season, we need to try and have, for sure, a better squad."

One of the reasons we play so painfully slow from the back is that we have no midfielder coming in to collect possession from the centre-backs.

The one player we have who has suggested he might be about capabale of passing this off against complete tosh that's in the league is Davies, yet he's not seen a minute in 3 of the last 4 games, when he should have started each one.

Mate you may as well just swerve supporting the club if this is your stance

Like Silva or Martinez you mean? Yeah that worked out wonderfully.
No, not like Silva and Martinez. And 2013-14 under Martinez was full of good memories and attacking football.

Why are people accepting with this pragmatic dross? It won’t get better because Carlo isn’t going to sell 8 players and replace them. This is what we have. He will bring in 3, 4 at the most in the summer. But selling these players we all hate is going to be difficult.

Carlo isn’t exactly a spring chicken either. How many years do you think fans will accept this rubbish?

At least he seems to know that this squad just isn't fit for purpose yet.

Oh I'm sure he does and I think we can all agree with him and know that's a massive caveat.

But it's a squad that should be able to not be played off the park by Sheff Utd who, I stress from having watched far too much of them as my housemate is a Blade, are genuinely one of the most horrific sides I've seen play.

He's been saying the same stuff for the last few weeks and our home performances keep getting worse. To be honest, our general standard away is crap, we just manage to grind out some scrappy wins and we all think it's alright.

Some of the comments here about Carlo are ridiculous. He’s the best manager we’ve had for decades.

Wind yer necks in.
alors qu'est-ce qui a changé?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back