Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not having that a team that had DCL, Richarlison, James Rodriguez, Allan, Doucoure and Digne in it could be turned over by some Plumbers from Sheffield Utd.

It wasn't a one off either - never mind Covid there are too many who have come down with Geordieitis in their never ending belief of St Rafael when Bruce has outperformed him.

Carlo is looking more like Mourinho every week in that he's a top manager but not suited anymore to the English League in his philosophy/style.

I'm talking the season as a whole. Yesterday was horrific. Zero excuses on that.

Spurs, Arsenal, RS have all had horrors against the lesser sides. The point comes that the quality usually arrives at points in the season. It's sustaining it

We don't have it. Carlo knows this. He's said it often enough.

I'd be surprised if there weren't issues within the squad as well. Players identifying others as passengers and so on. They certainly don't look a happy camp, even allowing for Richarlison's constant sulk.

Perhaps Carlo needs to involve himself in training to a fuller degree. I don't know the situation there but whatever gravitas he has needs to rub off on the players at every opportunity during the week.

That sort of stuff is great, leave him to it, he’s clearly a very good head of a business. But anything even remotely affecting what goes on on a football pitch, he should be nowhere near the decision making process.

I don’t know if he even is really. He hires/fires but I still get the feeling Bill is well in there on the decisions.

Top drawer arse-licking Raf, well done ;)

#dontcallmedeludedtho

Had a few report this post. It's not something moderators would action - it would be petty to react.

I would say though - that moderators are dedicated volunteers for this platform and so, generally, it's common decency to not continually patronise or antagonise them.

@Philw I suggest you lose the chip on your shoulder.

I do think the empty stadiums has dramatically harmed our home form, but I also don't think we'd have nearly as many wins away if other sides had the crowds in so you could probably balance the two those things out and we'd be in a similar position.

Yes, I agree in terms of wins and points therefore balancing out, but the passive performances we've seen at home against almost everyone below us just wouldn't have been accepted with a home crowd. However, against the teams above us the players have upped their game. Even in 2021 City in the cup and Spurs in the league, we wouldn't be losing at home to dross with the same effort put in.

Leeds were 13th in the championship when he arrived. As for the number of transfer windows to build his squad. His first season consisted of 3 players from the team that finished 13th the season before. But bamford missed 6 months due to 2 knee injuries. The other 2 were Jack Harrison and Barry Douglas who’s already left.

2nd season
sold Pontus janson and sold Kemar Roofe loaned Ben white- went back to Brighton
loaned Eddie nketiah who went back to arsenal in January.
loaned Costa
Loaned messlier, who was back up keeper last season,
both were made permanent last summer on promotion

this season-
Rodrigo- injured half the season
Llorente- injured until February
Koch- injured in December & was out for 3 months
Raphinha- played consistently.

so Bielsa has taken a team of “championship plodders” to quote someone earlier to within 3 points of Everton, with 1 signing consistently playing from September to February & all 4 signings been on the pitch together for approx 1 hour this season. Leeds fans are thinking if only they’d been fit all season where could we be.
You say about the injuries to said players, no different to us losing all 3 of our midfielders at multiple times this season.

Leeds were underachieving in the championship, before he came, no doubt they had good players for that league. Just mismanaged. The same can’t be said for this Everton squad. It isn’t good enough.
You say ‘championship plodders’ they aren’t doing as well as Sheffield United did last season, and look how that’s ended up this season? No doubt bielsa is a good manager, he would struggle with this squad. And his big challenge would be next season achieving the same level as this season, something that teams do tend to struggle with. Again, the same as Sheffield United and wilder.

I really don't think it is Ancelotti's fault or for that matter some of the Managers before him. The squad is poor....it is like in F1 motor racing. You can put the best drive in a uncompetitive car and they will remain uncompetitive...it does not matter how good the driver is. Change the manager and the players will serve up the same dross. Now i know it is easier to get rid of a manager than players but it gets you nowhere following that route. How the squad is fixed I have no clue as it is not easy to acquire good players even if you know what you are doing but do the decision makers at Everton know what they are doing?

I'd be surprised if there weren't issues within the squad as well. Players identifying others as passengers and so on. They certainly don't look a happy camp, even allowing for Richarlison's constant sulk.

Perhaps Carlo needs to involve himself in training to a fuller degree. I don't know the situation there but whatever gravitas he has needs to rub off on the players at every opportunity during the week.
Yeah I've mentioned before I know an ex Everton player pretty well and he always said that the players loved playing for Moyes because everyone knew exactly what was expected of them. It didn't matter if you were the star man or a bargain basement signing, everyone got treated the same way and everyone had to buy into the team ethic. I obviously don't know for a fact, but looking from the outside it doesn't look like thats the case now. I can certainly imagine that some players think 'why should i have to work twice as hard so James can swan round waiting for the ball' or taking umbrage that James seems to pick and choose his games to some extent. That's not meant to knock James who's clearly a brilliant player, but you have to be really careful with the way you handle those things and i'm not sure we've done it particularly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back