Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was responding to a post about Potter which then you replied to .
Its how a forum works .
Thank you for explaining to me how a forum works.

It was all very confusing up to that.

here is a nice foto to keep you ticking over with your obsession.
1621275159706.webp

Some thoughts on Ancelotti.
I did scratch my head at 5 defenders starting against a relegated Shef Utd at home.
Best I can think is that they'd switch from 5 to 3 depending on the situation. I also think he might have been giving Holgate one last chance.
He was prob also aware that James wouldn't track back or make 90 mins.
Either way, the set up was wrong and the loss was Ancelotti's fault.
Sending Kean, Walcott, Tosun and Gordon out on loan while only bringing in a championship striker who hadn't scored in the league all season seems like a daft decision, Ancelotti (as well as Brands) has to take responsibility for that.
Bowing to Iwobi's moaning tweet to play at 10 shows weakness too.

In defense of Ancelotti, I think, with covid restrictions and a squad made up from signings from five different managers, it would be miraculous if they maintained the early momentum.
Hopefully a lot of lessons will be learned from this season.
I'm disappointed but I'm happy to give him a lot more time.
Changing manager again would further dilute any team cohesion. If we're going to stick with one for longer than 18 months, it (still) may as well be Ancelotti.

There's the bones of a good team and squad there.
We need a clinical striker, Right back and right winger and maybe a fast midfielder.

Pickford
Mina
Godfrey
Digne
Davies
Allan
Doucoure
James
Richarlison
DCL

I'd sell Iwobi, Delph, Sig, Bernard, Kean, Holgate,
No new contracts for King, Tosun, Walcott etc.
Give Gordon, Braithwait, and Simms another season on loan
And to be honest I'd figure out if Richarlison wants to be here, if not then time to move on.

There also needs to be a lot of work done on fitness and conditioning behind the scenes, no idea how recruitment works there but seems like it needs freshening up.

I'd like to see Ancelotti put out a team that's 70% his in front of a full GP.

There is no quick fix to this, patience is a dirty word in football, but we have to stand back and let the fella get on with it, the man requires the full term of his contract here to turn this vessel around, we have to see where we are at that point,I am quite sure he will know now having been here 18 months who he can/cannot trust, who to keep, who to try to move on, at this juncture although painful to watch I do think tentative progress has been made, if at the end of his tenure we are not showing a great level of progress as a club obviously then a decision will have to be made, but that is a scary thought to consider where we would be as a club and what kind of viable option to Managers we would be, would Moshiri possibly considering his own future here if things don't work with this appointment?all conjecture at this point,I am still hopeful for our future with Carlo,but it could be 50/50 this one and it could get pretty scary if the cards go against us I feel, but then again it could be possibly orgasmic!!!

Isn’t providing the money precisely what he has done? I don’t see him doing much else in all fairness and considering how much of the club he now owns he doesn’t stick his oar in too much.
He;s hired a DoF from the off: sacked one for not being up to the job in his opinion, and left the other in place even though he's 'kin useless. He's personally hired and fired 3 managers and the DoF's didn't get a look in. Oh, and he also made the decision on buying Tosuun...because he's a great judge of players too apparently.

In short: he's a nobhead who needs to stop sticking his oar in.

Our Jesus Gil.

He's a terrible owner. I dont get the free pass he gets. There's more to it than providing money for spending. He's (effectively since arriving here) bought a couple of dogs in quick succession and then preferred to bark himself.

Provide the cash then STFU and go and live on your yacht in the Med. That's what he has to do. But he cant do that.

The old Len Shackleton quote about 'What the average football director knows about football' (followed by a blank page), is apposite for Moshiri. An utter nerd who should just sign cheques for a manager and disappear from where he's not needed.

Lol’d a lot when I got to this bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back