Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you can look at it two ways mate.

Is it a blessing in disguise? He knew, those comments pre-game, basically condemned the entire squad, he knows, and I genuinely think that for me, it's beyond alarming that Ancelotti has basically made those comments, putting their names in the window, and that's how they responded.

I don't want players at the club who don't want to fight for the shirt, and sadly, when we needed a big performance, we've faltered again. Would European Football mask the urgency for a huge overhaul? Yes, I genuinely think so. Now we have absolutely zero excuses, you don't win things with castoffs, and lazy, uninspired players.

Yeah, we’ll said.

Ive come away from worrying about signing good young players and hoping we hold on to them, as I think it’s more important to sign talented and ambitious players that do want to move on and reach the top either with or without Everton, at least then we’ll reap the benefits of players giving their all and playing for something. In that case they can take the club with them and if they do leave then we get a chunk of change and you go again - Dortmund is the obvious example. Once we can get to that sort of level then it’s the step to being a truly elite level club.

even if I’m not on point with any of that we’re still a million miles away from being top 4 in our own league and still no where near good enough for top 6. Depressing.

Nah, the tactic of calling players garbage and every name under the sun and expecting them to rise to it is history now. Mourinho has showed that time and time again recently. Managers like Clough would never be able to manage as they used to now.

Players egos are massaged from the age of ten. Repeatedly told how great they are and so on. The arm around the shoulder is generally the best. That said there's a massive difference between bollocking them (which we all agree every Everton player needs) and outright abusing them. Ancelloti knows that. Sure I read in the athletic that after one of the games he even let Ferguson five out the bollockings. Which isn't weak. It's knowing what situation calls for what type of management.

All well and good saying he's clearly not getting the team singing but that's a deeper issue than a manager issue. We all know there's a rot at Everton and that ain't changing even if we got Guardiola or Klopp tomorrow.
No I'm not talking about ranting and raving, but there's a tangible lack of intensity which teams need in modern football.

Guardiola and Klopp would both get better performances and results from our squad.

No I'm not talking about ranting and raving, but there's a tangible lack of intensity which teams need in modern football.

Guardiola and Klopp would both get better performances and results from our squad.

Thats what people dont realise - Moist wouldn't always bollock players but he instilled a hard working attitude into the squad and would get every last drop of effort out of them.

That comes via the training ground and what these players are doing outside of match day.

I've said for years FF looks like a jolly boys outing everytime I see training pictures/vids - all smiles and thumbs up, laughing around on the training pitches I never see pics of them doing push ups, running up and down sand dunes, been put through their paces doing movement drills with/without the ball etc.

Thats what people dont realise - Moist wouldn't always bollock players but he instilled a hard working attitude into the squad and would get every last drop of effort out of them.

That comes via the training ground and what these players are doing outside of match day.

I've said for years FF looks like a jolly boys outing everytime I see training pictures/vids - all smiles and thumbs up, laughing around on the training pitches I never see pics of them doing push ups, running up and down sand dunes, been put through their paces doing movement drills with/without the ball etc.
You won't see that on a training video or in a picture. Because it's all for public view the actual tactical work goes on behind closed doors. But I do wonder what goes on

The prophet George Harrison once sang "it's gonna take tiiiiiiimmmmmmmeee, a whole lotta patience and time."

I hope that "performance" was the last straw for the Don with most of these spineless, uninterested gobshoite players we have.

They have got form for allowing several managers to take the fall for them - they will do for him if he trusts them any more.

Sure he's made some mistakes - team selections and subs; dropping Tommy D for nothing; the stupid comments about Sheamo having a contract for life; keeping picking Sigfraud and potentially extending him etc.

That said, him and brands need
time to bring players in that actually give a toss, have some energy and pace, aren't scared of the ball and who put some effort in.

Allen, Godfrey, doucoure and James have consistently been our best players this season. Pickford, DCL and digne prob stay in the side cos we currently have no better?

Let the hammer fall on the rest Carlo, and throw the young-uns in Vs wolves and city - have the cowards no where near the squad.

They don't deserve your faith, trust or the chance to reform their shithouse ways and perform in the two matches that have nothing riding on them.

You won't see that on a training video or in a picture. Because it's all for public view the actual tactical work goes on behind closed doors. But I do wonder what goes on

But we never see them do much phsyical work - when do you see them looking gassed?

I saw one last year of Mina dicking around dancing with Moise Kean and I thought to myself then whats going on at that training ground?

Save your dancing for Popworld Yerry I want to see the blokes calf muscles bulging from a few laps up and down Crosby Beach

Ancelloti has already addressed the intensity issue in pointing out that barely any of the players are of the quality to hold the ball, and that we're without possession instead of with.

Anyone have any articles on what actual attacking drills they do? Surely they do them?!
IMG_20210517_213914.webp

But we never see them do much phsyical work - when do you see them looking gassed?

I saw one last year of Mina dicking around dancing with Moise Kean and I thought to myself then whats going on at that training ground?

Save your dancing for Popworld Yerry I want to see the blokes calf muscles bulging from a few laps up and down Crosby Beach
You dam kids and your My Space, floss dancing and blink 182 hoodies. Worlds gone to pot!

Let's be honest Europe would have destroyed us again the way the squad is currently. We just aren't good enough and these frauds packed in when CL hopes died especially at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back