Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
A1xE.gif

Thats what people dont realise - Moist wouldn't always bollock players but he instilled a hard working attitude into the squad and would get every last drop of effort out of them.

That comes via the training ground and what these players are doing outside of match day.

I've said for years FF looks like a jolly boys outing everytime I see training pictures/vids - all smiles and thumbs up, laughing around on the training pitches I never see pics of them doing push ups, running up and down sand dunes, been put through their paces doing movement drills with/without the ball etc.
You never see any club show that, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen

No manager, and I mean no manager, would be doing much better after a season and a half with this group of players, at a club that has got recruitment so badly wrong prior to his arrival. We can't keep complaining of not being able to walk and then shooting ourselves in the foot again by sacking managers all the time.
I find this just such a weird stance to take. It's literally impossible to quantify whether someone like Niko Kovac or Graham Potter or Jose or Pep or whomever you would like to include that "nobody could do better".

Fact is, Silva did just as "good" with largely the same group of players as Ancelotti seems to be finishing after adding talent such as James Allan and Doucoure. And I think Silva was a terrible manager. I firmly believe a manager of Carlo's caliber should be getting more out of the players than he is.

He’s in no way above criticism, but anyone thinking he’s not good enough for us is insane.

First few games of this season when he had everyone fit - we looked the best I’ve seen us in years. Even better than Martinez first season. Played some brilliant football. Even when we’ve gone down hill he’s pulled off some great results. That win at Anfield was brilliant.

If we can add more quality players and offload some of the less useful squad players we’ll improve, no doubt.

You never see any club show that, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen

I've seen a few mate - im not saying that that we dont do any phsyical work obviously we do but its the levels of fitness that concerns me - saw a lad on twitter post about how our form these last 10 games in these last two seasons has utterly bombed and yes the general play is poor and we havent deserved to get the 3 points in many games but we simply dont press adequately enough / put teams under enough pressure and fitness is part of that.

We joke Liverpool doping and they may well be up to something but I just think a big part of their success has been fitness same as Leicester when they won the title they out worked their opposition just as much as they out played them in RS case.

I find this just such a weird stance to take. It's literally impossible to quantify whether someone like Niko Kovac or Graham Potter or Jose or Pep or whomever you would like to include that "nobody could do better".

Fact is, Silva did just as "good" with largely the same group of players as Ancelotti seems to be finishing after adding talent such as James Allan and Doucoure. And I think Silva was a terrible manager. I firmly believe a manager of Carlo's caliber should be getting more out of the players than he is.

It’s obviously not an absolute fact that “nobody could do better” but if we fired him - who could we attract that is a better bet?

Carlo should be doing better but he’s easily the best we’ve had in a long time, and deserves a few seasons to turn a club that has underachieved for decades into a strong outfit.

I can’t wait to see the official training videos.

ones with the lads having a great time, smiles and banter.

Gomes smashing one into the top bin and Mina joking around.

all the lads looking impressed as James showboats.

Such great camaraderie and team spirit.

It’s obviously not an absolute fact that “nobody could do better” but if we fired him - who could we attract that is a better bet?

Carlo should be doing better but he’s easily the best we’ve had in a long time, and deserves a few seasons to turn a club that has underachieved for decades into a strong outfit.
Honestly, and I think a couple people have tried making this point, just because they have success elsewhere isn't even close to a guarantee they would succeed here. What works at one club might be the opposite of what is needed. I don't think Carlo's arm around the shoulder is what is needed here at all. I'm hoping he realizes it now but a year ago he blasted the teams attitude and we still see largely the same group of players and largely the same issues as a year ago.

I don't think there would come a time where I would call for him to be sacked like with Martinez Koeman and Silva but he's simply making too many of the same mistakes a manager as experienced as he is should be making.

The first part of your response makes no sense so not sure how to respond. I think you're suggesting that thinking that there are very few football manages who can turn dog [Poor language removed] into space dust is somehow a "weird" stance. I find it perfectly cogent based on what we've seen so far.

As for your second point, Carlo has already surpassed Silva's greatest points total with us with two games to go so that point doesn't stand up either. Yeah, maybe he should be doing a bit better in the grand scheme of things but not much better. The. Squad. Is. Average.

Honestly, and I think a couple people have tried making this point, just because they have success elsewhere isn't even close to a guarantee they would succeed here. What works at one club might be the opposite of what is needed. I don't think Carlo's arm around the shoulder is what is needed here at all. I'm hoping he realizes it now but a year ago he blasted the teams attitude and we still see largely the same group of players and largely the same issues as a year ago.

I don't think there would come a time where I would call for him to be sacked like with Martinez Koeman and Silva but he's simply making too many of the same mistakes a manager as experienced as he is should be making.

Tbf I’m not judging him on past victories but what I’ve seen him do here. The abject performances against Sheffield and Newcastle and Villa aren’t anything worse than we had to endure under Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, Martinez later on. But he’s given us our best run against top six teams in years? First win at Anfield in forever? There’s enough to show he’s got something about him we haven’t had in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back