Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first part of your response makes no sense so not sure how to respond. I think you're suggesting that thinking that there are very few football manages who can turn dog [Poor language removed] into space dust is somehow a "weird" stance. I find it perfectly cogent based on what we've seen so far.

As for your second point, Carlo has already surpassed Silva's greatest points total with us with two games to go so that point doesn't stand up either. Yeah, maybe he should be doing a bit better in the grand scheme of things but not much better. The. Squad. Is. Average.
Ah, the DaveK argument. Points are relative to the competitiveness of the league in any given year. You finish where you finish. 8th with 60 points or 8th with 54 points is still 8th. The RS finished 2nd with 99 points and we all mocked the ones that thought they should get something for amassing that many points but not winning the league.

And if you can't understand what I'm trying to say for my first point then I'll try another way. You say that nobody can possibly do what Carlo has done here which is impossible to be able to actually find out because we don't have anybody else we simply have carlo. So if you want to say that nobody else could but Carlo could get Everton to 8th in the 20/21 season we'll see you're correct because nobody else was hired in the 20/21 season.

To put it another way I'm pretty sure Fat Sam has come out and said that nobody else but him could have done the job he did when he was at Everton. By your own logic that means that literally nobody else but fat Sam could have saved us from relegation with the squad we had. It's literally impossible for us to say whether his statement is true but it is probably not true.

*Edited for being a bit aggressive for no reason*

Last edited:
Ah, the DaveK argument. Points are relative to the competitiveness of the league in any given year. You finish where you finish. 8th with 60 points or 8th with 54 points is still 8th. The RS finished 2nd with 99 points and we all mocked the ones that thought they should get something for amassing that many points but not winning the league.

And if you can't understand what I'm trying to say for my first point then I'll try another way. You say that nobody can possibly do what Carlo has done here which is impossible to be able to actually find out because we don't have anybody else we simply have carlo. So if you want to say that nobody else could but Carlo could get Everton to 8th in the 20/21 season we'll see you're correct because nobody else was hired in the 20/21 season.

To put it another way I'm pretty sure Fat Sam has come out and said that nobody else but him could have done the job he did when he was at Everton. By your own logic that means that literally nobody else but fat Sam could have saved us from relegation with the squad we had. It's literally impossible for us to say whether his statement is true but it is probably not true.

*Edited for being a bit aggressive for no reason*
Yeah, I am using that argument as it's the only metric we have to compare these two managers in the specific context of being Everton manager for a full season. It's not perfect but certainly puts to bed the argument that Silva did just as well. Add to that that Silva didn't manage us during a pandemic with all the irregularities and disadvantages that come with it, and I think it's quite a solid argument.

As for your second point, I never said I don't think anyone could have done what Carlo has this season, I said I don't think anyone could have done significantly better. We are where we are because of the average quality of our players.

If we had a better squad, I'd be demanding a lot more. The problems at Everton run far deeper than the manager unfortunately.

Yeah, I am using that argument as it's the only metric we have to compare these two managers in the specific context of being Everton manager for a full season. It's not perfect but certainly puts to bed the argument that Silva did just as well. Add to that that Silva didn't manage us during a pandemic with all the irregularities and disadvantages that come with it, and I think it's quite a solid argument.

As for your second point, I never said I don't think anyone could have done what Carlo has this season, I said I don't think anyone could have done significantly better. We are where we are because of the average quality of our players.

If we had a better squad, I'd be demanding a lot more. The problems at Everton run far deeper than the manager unfortunately.
I apologize if I read it wrong then, I read it as basically "nobody could do better at all". I still think there could be some attainable managers who just clicked if they came here and could have done a better job but, again, it's all conjecture and hypotheticals because nobody else managed us this year.

I like Carlo. He's a gentleman in the truest sense. Would be happy if he binned off literally every player bar James. Just no idea if any of it would work.

But we never see them do much phsyical work - when do you see them looking gassed?

I saw one last year of Mina dicking around dancing with Moise Kean and I thought to myself then whats going on at that training ground?

Save your dancing for Popworld Yerry I want to see the blokes calf muscles bulging from a few laps up and down Crosby Beach
Good point. There are videos of Moyes and Irvine beasting the West Ham players. Very loud, intense sessions.

Too many managers are nicey, nicey with the players now. It’s more like Butlins than boot camp.

Moyes has fallen flat on his face at every club since us until this season. Even now he looks to have fallen short at the final hurdle.
He saved West Ham from relegation - fact that you have conveniently ignored.
How has he fallen short this season ?
Their fans are delighted with their season , he has had a belter.

He saved West Ham from relegation - fact that you have conveniently ignored.
How has he fallen short this season ?
Their fans are delighted with their season , he has had a belter.

I haven’t ignored it but it’s hardly a glowing endorsement.

He was in position to get them CL football this season but they’ve folded. Now I know he’s had a good season with them but it still stinks of ‘close but no cigar’ - which was a good description of his time at Everton.

I’m a big fan of Moyes time here btw, most my good memories are of his Everton sides. But he ultimately couldn’t push us on which is what we all crave.

I haven’t ignored it but it’s hardly a glowing endorsement.

He was in position to get them CL football this season but they’ve folded. Now I know he’s had a good season with them but it still stinks of ‘close but no cigar’ - which was a good description of his time at Everton.

I’m a big fan of Moyes time here btw, most my good memories are of his Everton sides. But he ultimately couldn’t push us on which is what we all crave.
They were relegation favourites among their own fans, so to suggest they bottled it is somewhat wide of the mark!

I think he could have gotten us higher, if we had some money at the time. We were always potless.

In a bit of a pickle aren't we. Never felt so despondent before, I hope and pray that Carlo is given funds in the summer to get some players who aren't scared stiff of a football, who can pass and move and be vocal. We need to learn to attack in other ways than Lucas Digne.

Over to you Moshiri, we cannot be subjected to another season of this. Ancelotti hasn't come here to have his legacy tainted by wasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back