Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to be honest, it honestly baffles me how some people come here and say "this football is terrible, I really hope we turn it around" and a huge number of idiots jump on them and say "LET"S GET EDDIE HOWE LOLZ". Because it's exactly the same thing and everyone who is saying this has not been a good season are somehow not Everton supporters? Let's get one thing straight, if we are still following Everton we're all in the same fn boat. It's been nothing but disappointment after disappointment for years on end. You don't get to be a better Blue because you back the manager.

Lads (and ladies), it's OK to admit that the football has made eyes bleed this season. There aren't a lot of people calling for Carlo to be sacked. There ARE people who are saying "we really shouldn't look this terrible 18 months in to his tenure". You lot cry when people criticize but refuse to have an adult conversation when it's a simple critique.

I've got to be honest, it honestly baffles me how some people come here and say "this football is terrible, I really hope we turn it around" and a huge number of idiots jump on them and say "LET"S GET EDDIE HOWE LOLZ". Because it's exactly the same thing and everyone who is saying this has not been a good season are somehow not Everton supporters? Let's get one thing straight, if we are still following Everton we're all in the same fn boat. It's been nothing but disappointment after disappointment for years on end. You don't get to be a better Blue because you back the manager.

Lads (and ladies), it's OK to admit that the football has made eyes bleed this season. There aren't a lot of people calling for Carlo to be sacked. There ARE people who are saying "we really shouldn't look this terrible 18 months in to his tenure". You lot cry when people criticize but refuse to have an adult conversation when it's a simple critique.

It’s not that that gets jumped on though, is it?

I’ve said every week for months now “we are terrible to watch” and no one jumps on me.

It’s the “we are terrible to watch, Carlo is a dinosaur, it’s his fault the players suck, look at Leicester, look at Moyes” posts that, rightfully, get jumped on.

The slight issue is that Carlo wins a League title every six or seven years but in recent history gets sacked after less than two years. He also only wins League titles when he manages dominant sides.

We desperately need a manager capable of building a side the way Howard did in the 80's.

Carlo takes teams backwards and then gets sacked.
Absolutely correct this. I think Alan Pardew is the right man for the job. His track record of overhauling failing clubs and developing them into rampaging footballing titans is second to none.

Carlo out!

It’s not that that gets jumped on though, is it?

I’ve said every week for months now “we are terrible to watch” and no one jumps on me.

It’s the “we are terrible to watch, Carlo is a dinosaur, it’s his fault the players suck, look at Leicester, look at Moyes” posts that, rightfully, get jumped on.
Not really tho. There have been multiple people who have tried making the same point and been jumped on because they don't think the football we are watching is sustainable(EDIT) [should have said enjoyable].

I'll agree plainly that theres no reason to insult Carlo or call him a dinosaur or whatever but, imo, there have been other managers who have gotten more out fo their squad than Carlo has of ours.

It's Graham Potter, lolz actually.

Do you not also agree that some posters go totally over the top as well in their criticism.
We have had one looking for Graham Potter to take over , another sayin David Moyes is a far superior manager, among other shouts.
Balance works both ways .

Not really tho. There have been multiple people who have tried making the same point and been jumped on because they don't think the football we are watching is sustainable.

I'll agree plainly that theres no reason to insult Carlo or call him a dinosaur or whatever but, imo, there have been other managers who have gotten more out fo their squad than Carlo has of ours.

Unless said managers all had this squad we really don’t know that. Please find evidence of someone being jumped on just for saying the football is terrible. It is always a whole lot more said.

Do you not also agree that some posters go totally over the top as well in their criticism.
We have had one looking for Graham Potter to take over , another sayin David Moyes is a far superior manager, among other shouts.
Balance works both ways .
I think Potter is actually a decent manager. I don't want him here but he is quite good with the attacking side of play. Think he would work well at Spurs until Kane said he wanted out.

I don't want Potter to take over. I don't want Moyes to take over. We have Carlo. I want Carlo to have the team play better. We've played crap in about 65% of our matches this year. I don't think that's a radical take.

I think Potter is actually a decent manager. I don't want him here but he is quite good with the attacking side of play. Think he would work well at Spurs until Kane said he wanted out.

I don't want Potter to take over. I don't want Moyes to take over. We have Carlo. I want Carlo to have the team play better. We've played crap in about 65% of our matches this year. I don't think that's a radical take.
I'm talking about posters who go over the top .
There are loads of them after every game .
When rational thinking posters see some of the stuff it's hard not to react at times

I'm talking about posters who go over the top .
There are loads of them after every game .
When rational thinking posters see some of the stuff it's hard not to react at times
I think Carlo has very much underperformed this year. I think the team lacks any discernable identity, I think our fitness levels throughout the entire year were shocking, I cannot figure out at all what they do in training because the basics of football seem to have been abdicated during matches. For the first time in almost 20 years I stopped watching matches because I honestly CBA watching the absolute dirge being served up.

That being said, I don't want Carlo gone at all. I think I said it when he was hired, I don't disagree he is world class, I just didn't think he was a great fit for us. But we tried an up and coming manager in Martinez and failed, we tried the supposed authoritarian in the dutch moonheaded tit and failed and Moshiri stupidly gambled with Silva and failed. Might as well try the world class one to round out every type. I just find it very weird that others who have a similar POV are lambasted as if they want him sacked.

Last edited:
I think Carlo has very much underperformed this year. I think the team lacks any discernable identity, I think our fitness levels throughout the entire year were shocking, I cannot figure out at all what they do in training because the basics of football seem to have been abdicated during matches. For the first time in almost 20 years I stopped watching matches because I honestly CBA watching the absolute dirge being served up.

That being said, I don't want Carlo gone at all. I think I said it when he was hired, I don't disagree he is world class, I just didn't think he was a great fit for us. But we tried an up and coming manager in Martinez and failed, we tried the supposed authoritarian in the dutch moonheaded tit and failed and Moshiri stupidly gambled with Silva and failed. Might as well try the world class one to round out every type. I just find it very weird that others who have a similar POV are lambasted for wanting him sacked.
I find it weird that people want him sacked 18 months into the job when he has to work with some absolute dross .
Yes we need to improve but wanting him sacked is an absolute joke .
But it's all about opinions . If you have one and others don't agree then you are goin to get heated replies.
And If you don't like that then I guess posting on a forum is not the place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back